Yep. Computers, severs, networks, etc.. depends what level of IT you have.
    Better than that I guess: It girl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ;-)

Still nice hours though.
    I think I have never seen something like working hours in academic science :/
    07-30-2013 11:26 AM
    Went to school for it... I'm at Sprint now. Smh.

Need to start searching.
    07-30-2013 11:29 AM
    Better than that I guess: It girl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ;-)

I think I have never seen something like working hours in academic science :/
    OK now I'm curious. What's your job?
    07-30-2013 11:35 AM
    Went to school for it... I'm at Sprint now. Smh.

Need to start searching.
    I'm assuming you're in the US? Ever thought of moving overseas?
    07-30-2013 11:36 AM
    You'll be pleased to know I had an absolutely gorgeous lunch today - a Carvery Bap. I had the beef version, which comes with a couple of roast potatoes and some gravy as well as some beef from the carvery. I don't know why they call it a lunch... it felt more like a main meal. Either way, it was gorgeous:
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    07-30-2013 11:38 AM
    You'll be pleased to know I had an absolutely gorgeous lunch today - a Carvery Bap. I had the beef version, which comes with a couple of roast potatoes and some gravy as well as some beef from the carvery. I don't know why they call it a lunch... it felt more like a main meal. Either way, it was gorgeous:
    Sounds great! I went to a carvery on Saturday for lunch. Nice, cheap and fillling! :D Had the best Yorkshire puddings I've had so far in the UK.
    BIGPADDY and Muessig like this.
    07-30-2013 11:40 AM
    OK now I'm curious. What's your job?
    I've decided to embark on a PhD in infection biology in autumn. Let's see how this works out...
    BIGPADDY and N_LaRUE like this.
    07-30-2013 11:41 AM
    I had to look up bap, had no idea what it was. Course if I said I had a po boy for lunch, you'd do the same thing.

I love my IT job, I work from home and access everything remotely. Only go in if it's an emergency or if it's something I have to physically touch to work on. Though there were years of the hours and on call mentioned earlier. But necessary steps to get to this point. That and a boatload of Microsoft certifications.
    BIGPADDY and Muessig like this.
    07-30-2013 11:48 AM
    Dang, I missed the 1000th post celebration
    07-30-2013 11:49 AM
    I had to look up bap, had no idea what it was. Course if I said I had a po boy for lunch, you'd do the same thing.

I love my IT job, I work from home and access everything remotely. Only go in if it's an emergency or if it's something I have to physically touch to work on. Though there were years of the hours and on call mentioned earlier. But necessary steps to get to this point. That and a boatload of Microsoft certifications.
    I couldn't work from home, I would just watch TV all day and nothing would get done.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-30-2013 11:51 AM
    Dang, I missed the 1000th post celebration
    Let celebrate now then, GET HYPER!
    07-30-2013 11:54 AM
    I couldn't work from home, I would just watch TV all day and nothing would get done.
    For some reason I have very good self discipline about that. The TV does not come on during working hours. I do listen to music. And the very casual dress code is great!
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    07-30-2013 11:55 AM
    I've decided to embark on a PhD in infection biology in autumn. Let's see how this works out...
    Sounds interesting. Infection in humans or otherwise?

I've always wanted to expand my knowledge more and get into something more interesting and what I think of as more serious. I was a lazy student though and now I just don't have the time. :( I do read however so that's how I learn these days. Unfortunately doesn't give me a degree! :P
    07-30-2013 11:56 AM
    Sounds interesting. Infection in humans or otherwise?

I've always wanted to expand my knowledge more and get into something more interesting and what I think of as more serious. I was a lazy student though and now I just don't have the time. :( I do read however so that's how I learn these days. Unfortunately doesn't give me a degree! :P
    It will be very basic research on bacteria. I'm not too keen on doing animal experiments, and this promises to be an amazing project without that :)

I'm working with incredibly knowledgeable people without a higher degree. I want to do it mostly because I have no big commitments (like family) and I love science. There are many great reasons not to do a PhD...
    07-30-2013 12:01 PM
    5000?

We make server go BOOM!
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    07-30-2013 12:06 PM
    For some reason I have very good self discipline about that. The TV does not come on during working hours. I do listen to music. And the very casual dress code is great!
    Your selling it to me.
    07-30-2013 12:09 PM
    It will be very basic research on bacteria. I'm not too keen on doing animal experiments, and this promises to be an amazing project without that :)

I'm working with incredibly knowledgeable people without a higher degree. I want to do it mostly because I have no big commitments (like family) and I love science. There are many great reasons not to do a PhD...
    Yeah but one good one. Putting Dr. :p Seriously, that's, great! My partner wants one. They're at masters level so far.
    07-30-2013 12:09 PM
    Yeah but one good one. Putting Dr. :p Seriously, that's, great! My partner wants one. They're at masters level so far.
    Well, first I'll have to do 3 to 4 years of hard and frustrating work I'm being told. ;-)

Good luck to your partner :)
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-30-2013 12:15 PM
    I want a Nokia Lumia 1020 so bad I would do anything, apart from paying 600!
    07-30-2013 12:19 PM
    I want a Nokia Lumia 1020 so bad I would do anything, apart from paying 600!
    I'm in the same boat. I get so jelly when seeing the comparisons.
    BIGPADDY and MSFTisMIA like this.
    07-30-2013 12:42 PM
    I'm in the same boat. I get so jelly when seeing the comparisons.
    Were all in the same boat.
    07-30-2013 01:06 PM
    1800 Posts!!!
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-30-2013 01:11 PM
    Does anyone know where the bathroom is?
    07-30-2013 01:16 PM
    Does anyone know where the bathroom is?
    On the other side the bar, first door on the right.
    BIGPADDY and walter1832 like this.
    07-30-2013 01:20 PM
    You wanted cake, I GOT YOUR CAKE!

wp_20130727_009.jpg
    gedzum likes this.
    07-30-2013 02:39 PM
145,818 ... 4142434445 ...