Ignorance, there is a cure.
    Looks like I can become a doctor!
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    06-07-2015 05:29 PM
    Downloaded Windows 10 IoT and looking forward to receiving my Raspberry Pi 2 from RS Components this week!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-07-2015 07:48 PM
    Downloaded Windows 10 IoT and looking forward to receiving my Raspberry Pi 2 from RS Components this week!
    That sounds cool!

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk
    azcruz likes this.
    06-07-2015 08:39 PM
    So over the weekend I went to the birthplace of... Cheddar cheese.

Known as Cheddar. Yep, a town named Cheddar. They have this famous area known as Cheddar Gorge and some caves where they still age cheddar, which they've been doing since the 12th century.

So of course I had to buy some!

uploadfromtaptalk1433740189573.jpeg

06-08-2015 12:10 AM

Known as Cheddar. Yep, a town named Cheddar. They have this famous area known as Cheddar Gorge and some caves where they still age cheddar, which they've been doing since the 12th century.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1433740189573.jpeg 
Views:	14 
Size:	2.30 MB 
ID:	106111

That is really cool! I never knew the cheese was named after the town that invented it.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    06-08-2015 12:22 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1433740189573.jpeg 
Views:	14 
Size:	2.30 MB 
ID:	106111

Yeah that's quite cool. Is it very strong?
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    06-08-2015 01:14 AM
    That is really cool! I never knew the cheese was named after the town that invented it.
    Neither did I until we started thinking of going there. We heard of Cheddar Gorge but didn't associate it as the place where the cheese originated from. Seems kind of silly when you think of it as lots of things are named after the places that make it. :P
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-08-2015 01:58 AM
    Yeah that's quite cool. Is it very strong?
    This particular one is very strong. They had different ages and even flavoured cheese. I like a strong sharp cheese personally.

I've also gotten used to the idea that cheddar cheese isn't supposed to be orange... :P
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-08-2015 02:00 AM
    This particular one is very strong. They had different ages and even flavoured cheese. I like a strong sharp cheese personally.

I've also gotten used to the idea that cheddar cheese isn't supposed to be orange... :P
    I think the orange cheddar cheese is an American invention.
    06-08-2015 02:01 AM
    I just did a quick read to find out. It seems the colour of the cheese is indeed a dye that gets added. It's the ground up seeds of a tropical tree.

Why they started to do it is for deception. When cheddar first appeared it had generally two colours. One a bit more yellow (grass fed cows in spring) the other more white (hay fed cows in winter). The more yellow version of cheddar was more tasty and the colour was base on the cow's diet. So to trick consumers into thinking white cheese was the more tasty yellow cheese they started to dye it. I guess it got a bit out of hand so now it's orange.
    06-08-2015 02:42 AM
    Morning folks...stuck in a long *** check in line (and I'm not the one flying)...SMH...

Posted via Xperia Z3
    worldspy99 likes this.
    06-08-2015 03:25 AM
    Morning folks...stuck in a long *** check in line (and I'm not the one flying)...SMH...

Posted via Xperia Z3
    That sucks and that's really early morning!

I hate checking in luggage...
    06-08-2015 03:41 AM
    That sucks and that's really early morning!

I hate checking in luggage...
    I hate going through airport security more. I'm leaving after my friend flight leaves to go straight to work...so I've been in my work attire since 12:30am.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    06-08-2015 04:33 AM
    I hate going through airport security more. I'm leaving after my friend flight leaves to go straight to work...so I've been in my work attire since 12:30am.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    That is way too early. Did you even sleep?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-08-2015 04:44 AM
    That is way too early. Did you even sleep?
    Nope. We had too much to do to get ready. Haven't slept since Saturday night going into Sunday morning.

Had a cup of BLACK coffee and that'll get me until lunch. Will get the sleep in tonight, that's for sure.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-08-2015 05:15 AM
    Nope. We had too much to do to get ready. Haven't slept since Saturday night going into Sunday morning.

Had a cup of BLACK coffee and that'll get me until lunch. Will get the sleep in tonight, that's for sure.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    I don't think I could even think of doing something like that...o.O

Man you must be hurting a touch. :P Even with coffee I'd be a mess.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-08-2015 05:19 AM
    I don't think I could even think of doing something like that...o.O

Man you must be hurting a touch. :P Even with coffee I'd be a mess.
    I'm feeling it a little now, as the coffee is wearing off. Once my friend boards, I'll leave and steal a nap in my office before the work day starts.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-08-2015 05:30 AM

I've also gotten used to the idea that cheddar cheese isn't supposed to be orange...
    Agreed. There is a Black Diamond brand cheddar cheese from Canada that looks similar to the one you got and is quite strong and one of my favorite!
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-08-2015 08:30 AM
    Specifically to make Cheetos!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-08-2015 08:31 AM

Posted via Xperia Z3
    I can sympathize.... only for the odd year or two when I didn't have status
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-08-2015 08:32 AM

Posted via Xperia Z3
    That would be a bummer.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-08-2015 08:33 AM

Posted via Xperia Z3
    Running on fumes....
    You probably need what I call the runaway train mocha with 4 shots of espresso and 150mg caffeine truffle
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-08-2015 08:35 AM
    Had fun riding the little kiddie coasters at Six Flags with my little one yesterday. Finally overcame the fear of riding a couple of them and also started to ride alone versus having a parent together all the time.
    MSFTisMIA, Laura Knotek and sinime like this.
    06-08-2015 08:36 AM
    So some pics while hanging out in Cheddar. The pics here are a mix of Cheddar Gorge, the Atlantic Coast and a pier, Stanton Drew Stone Ciricles and Stanton Drew Church. The windmill is in Ashton not far from where we were staying.

dsc_0362.jpgdsc_0385.jpgdsc_0411.jpgdsc_0421.jpgdsc_0438.jpgdsc_0450.jpgdsc_0472.jpg
    06-08-2015 09:01 AM
    That would be a bummer.
    When I got to work, for the first half hour it was horrible. Now that my adrenaline is flowing from getting immersed into the work day, I'm not feeling the fact that I haven't slept in over 24 hour as much.

Still sucks. At least my friend got on the plane with no issues and is able to sleep before headed home to a wife and kid who will be all over him in joy to see home return.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    06-08-2015 09:37 AM
144,463 ... 43484349435043514352 ...