I got one on Amazon two years ago. I hear that the ASUS ones are pretty good and so are Motorola Surfboard ones.
    Gonna be cheap and get ones in the same style that the cable operators give you...the older ones from Motorola. I'll ask Comcast if I can get a prepaid label to return both the router and cable box in as I'm not off on a Monday again until the final one in the month to drop it off in person.

Posted via the One (M7)
    Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 06-10-2015 at 05:24 AM.
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    06-09-2015 11:58 PM
    Amazon Instant Video is available on Roku.
    It's running fine again...and the DLNA works well enough out of the box for me - no sound though. I'll make do with this for now.

Posted via the One (M7)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-09-2015 11:59 PM
    Amazon Instant Video is available on Roku.
    yup they are pretty cheap ..:) id buy one if I didnt have an xbox
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-10-2015 12:00 AM
    Mornings... Always getting in the way of my afternoons....

Ignorance, there is a cure.
    06-10-2015 12:10 AM
    Mornings... Always getting in the way of my afternoons....

i.e. Coffee getting in the way of lunch😉
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-10-2015 12:12 AM
    I never wanted a cast stick as I've often been disappointed with DLNA technology so far. Though I don't mind the idea of having the capability.

I would like to get a stick computer but the current crop that is out is disappointing as well. So I keep waiting...

I've looked into all the devices mentioned on here. None seem to do everything I want which is why I'm after the stick computer instead.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-10-2015 12:15 AM
    More like the need to wake up too early.

Not that I have much choice at the moment. The sun is out by 5am...

Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-10-2015 12:17 AM
    More like the need to wake up too early.

Not that I have much choice at the moment. The sun is out by 5am...

We are about 40 minutes behind you in terms of sunrise time in CA.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    06-10-2015 12:19 AM
    I never wanted a cast stick as I've often been disappointed with DLNA technology so far. Though I don't mind the idea of having the capability.

I would like to get a stick computer but the current crop that is out is disappointing as well. So I keep waiting...

I've looked into all the devices mentioned on here. None seem to do everything I want which is why I'm after the stick computer instead.

Between my Raspberry Pi, Chromecast and Roku, and the cable box, I'm covered quite well.
    06-10-2015 12:20 AM
    We are about 40 minutes behind you in terms of sunrise time in CA.
    I don't even want to think about the sun. way to hot
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-10-2015 12:24 AM
    yay it wont be as hot as it was these past two days tomorrow :P
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-10-2015 12:35 AM
    I've been woken up really early the past few days by a mourning dove. Those birds should be called "morning and all day doves". The bird starts cooing before sunrise and doesn't stop!
    06-10-2015 12:41 AM
    I've been woken up really early the past few days by a mourning dove. Those birds should be called "morning and all day doves". The bird starts cooing before sunrise and doesn't stop!
    The other day we had two crows, a squirrel and some other birds going off at 4:30am... Lots of noise...

Don't get me started on the doves...

The birds were really bad back in April and May.

Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    06-10-2015 12:56 AM
    The other day we had two crows, a squirrel and some other birds going off at 4:30am... Lots of noise...

Don't get me started on the doves...

The birds were really bad back in April and May.

I've had the doves every spring and summer since I've lived here.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
    06-10-2015 12:59 AM
    My Surface Pro, Honor 6, and 636 all work well with the Measy A2W.

Perhaps a computer on a stick like that of Intel will be better for you.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-10-2015 01:52 AM
    i.e. Mr. Lopez getting into his own way...

Posted via Xperia Z3
    worldspy99 likes this.
    06-10-2015 05:54 AM
    Morning folks.

So up next on the departure tour from my team is my work wife of 8 years. Her last day is Friday. We'll probably have a good cry in her office or mine, as I have no intention of crying at her karaoke thing after work.

I'm sad to see her go, but she's much happier that she is leaving and giving up the grind of our work site. Yes, people are leaving in two week intervals as my other coworker is scheduled to depart on the last Thursday of the month.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    06-10-2015 05:57 AM
    Morning folks.

So up next on the departure tour from my team is my work wife of 8 years. Her last day is Friday. We'll probably have a good cry in her office or mine, as I have no intention of crying at her karaoke thing after work.

I'm sad to see her go, but she's much happier that she is leaving and giving up the grind of our work site. Yes, people are leaving in two week intervals as my other coworker is scheduled to depart on the last Thursday of the month.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    Bummer... :/
    06-10-2015 06:38 AM
    Just a general comment on MS advertising.

I see the Surface 3 TV advert all the time, the one with the person tapping. I find it completely irritating and annoying. I can't help but ask myself who does that when using a tablet? The tapping makes it seem like they're waiting which isn't a good indication of speed either.

To put it bluntly. It's not a cool commercial at all and doesn't do much for the product. Other than the fact that it's being played all the time is the only reason why it I notice it. I mute the TV when it comes on.

Who comes up with these ideas???
    06-10-2015 06:42 AM
    Bummer... :/
    Yes, it sucks...but life goes on. My supervisor is still an ***** but she has her mandates from senior management, so there's nothing called "help" coming from her. Sometimes one has to cut the cord and do something different.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    06-10-2015 07:14 AM
    Just a general comment on MS advertising.

I see the Surface 3 TV advert all the time, the one with the person tapping. I find it completely irritating and annoying. I can't help but ask myself who does that when using a tablet? The tapping makes it seem like they're waiting which isn't a good indication of speed either.

To put it bluntly. It's not a cool commercial at all and doesn't do much for the product. Other than the fact that it's being played all the time is the only reason why it I notice it. I mute the TV when it comes on.

Who comes up with these ideas???
    I don't mind it as much...I remember the original Surface ads and it seems to be an attempt at a fun continuation of those.

Still, I'd rather see how a product works rather than gimmicks. The only thing gimmicky about the Samsung ads is that dumb music...but they showcase how their stuff works in order to entice you to buy one.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 06-10-2015 at 08:52 AM.
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    06-10-2015 07:16 AM
    Hi all. Lovely sunny day here today. Got my cars alloys refurbished, picked it up yesterday. Looking swish!
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    06-10-2015 07:28 AM
    yay it wont be as hot as it was these past two days tomorrow
    It actually drizzled yesterday and is drizzling a bit right now in the bay area.
    06-10-2015 07:58 AM
    i.e. Mr. Lopez getting into his own way...

Posted via Xperia Z3
    Instead of getting into... Nvm...too early for this😀
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    06-10-2015 08:01 AM
    Morning folks.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    MSFTisMIA, the true epitome of "The Last Man Standing"!
    sahib lopez likes this.
    06-10-2015 08:02 AM
144,439 ... 43534354435543564357 ...