of course It would be easy, you lived in Australia :P
    I haven't got to the harder slang yet...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-11-2015 12:59 AM
    oh ok I can see avro but smokeo I don't see the connection there :P
    Smoke break...

[edit]

too late, explained already.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-11-2015 12:59 AM
    Sahib, I'm sure you know what a barbie is in Australia. (It's not a doll).
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    06-11-2015 01:03 AM
    Makes me miss Australia, this on-going talk.

My company used to have offices in Sydney and Melbourne.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-11-2015 01:03 AM
    Makes me miss Australia, this on-going talk.

My company used to have offices in Sydney and Melbourne.
    I'm not missing Australia just having a laugh. :P

I like Australia but I'm much happier here in the UK.
    Laura Knotek and azcruz like this.
    06-11-2015 01:04 AM
    I'm not missing Australia just having a laugh. :P

I like Australia but I'm much happier here in the UK.
    Do you like vegemite?
    06-11-2015 01:07 AM
    Do you like vegemite?
    Yes. As odd as that is. Marmite isn't the same. We can get it here when the craving hits.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-11-2015 01:08 AM
    I'd like to visit Australia just to see the animals found nowhere else in the world.
    06-11-2015 01:14 AM
    I'd like to visit Australia just to see the animals found nowhere else in the world.
    You could technically say that about any country but I understand what you mean. The environment has created some interesting mammals. Lots of them are not overly friendly...

Australia is not that far away these days... I'd just recommend a least three weeks, preferably four. Have lots of money unless you don't mind staying in cheaper accommodation. It's not cheap in Australia in general for food, accommodation or anything for that matter...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-11-2015 01:19 AM
    You could technically say that about any country but I understand what you mean. The environment has created some interesting mammals. Lots of them are not overly friendly...

Australia is not that far away these days... I'd just recommend a least three weeks, preferably four. Have lots of money unless you don't mind staying in cheaper accommodation. It's not cheap in Australia in general for food, accommodation or anything for that matter...
    Yes, the marsupials are particularly fascinating. Zoos all over the world have them, but seeing the animals in their natural environment is always the best!
    06-11-2015 01:23 AM
    Yes, the marsupials are particularly fascinating. Zoos all over the world have them, but seeing the animals in their natural environment is always the best!
    You have to get out of the cities to see the wildlife.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-11-2015 01:53 AM
    You have to get out of the cities to see the wildlife.
    I know! I'd like to do a safari type tour if I were to visit Australia or Africa.
    06-11-2015 02:00 AM
    I know! I'd like to do a safari type tour if I were to visit Australia or Africa.
    Outback tour when you're talking about 'stralia. :P

Safari when it's Africa. Which is on my list to do as well.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-11-2015 02:02 AM
    So Laura, what is the possibility of you doing either of those?
    06-11-2015 02:06 AM
    So Laura, what is the possibility of you doing either of those?
    I'd need to get a passport before I could do either.
    06-11-2015 02:13 AM
    I'd need to get a passport before I could do either.
    Well that's always a good step.... LOL!

I didn't get my first passport until I was 32. So I know the feeling. My first overseas trip was to Australia.

Maybe just get the passport and then go from there. :) Nothing wrong with having one. :)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-11-2015 02:19 AM
    Well that's always a good step.... LOL!

I didn't get my first passport until I was 32. So I know the feeling. My first overseas trip was to Australia.

Maybe just get the passport and then go from there. :) Nothing wrong with having one. :)
    I've been to Canada as a child and as an adult, but passports weren't required at the time.

The only person in my family who travelled internationally and had a passport was my step-grandfather. He had family in Europe. We still have his KLM airlines bag from his last trip.

I know passports are good for 10 years.
    06-11-2015 02:23 AM
    I've been to Canada as a child and as an adult, but passports weren't required at the time.

The only person in my family who travelled internationally and had a passport was my step-grandfather. He had family in Europe. We still have his KLM airlines bag from his last trip.

I know passports are good for 10 years.
    I was the first in my family.

That's good that US passports last for 10 years. In some countries they're only 5 years. Which is annoying. Australia is 10.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-11-2015 02:28 AM
    Not to be like the Nike commercial, but I've come to the philosophy that sometimes you need to 'Just do it'. I keep thinking of my earlier life and realising that I kept myself back way too much for all the wrong reasons.

If it means a lot it's best to do it because time slips away so quickly as you get older.
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    06-11-2015 02:36 AM
    Hey folks, maybe applicable to your region too. It's going on in the Philippines.

Lumia Switch Gameloft Promotion - Microsoft - Global
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-11-2015 02:36 AM
    Not to be like the Nike commercial, but I've come to the philosophy that sometimes you need to 'Just do it'. I keep thinking of my earlier life and realising that I kept myself back way too much for all the wrong reasons.

If it means a lot it's best to do it because time slips away so quickly as you get older.
    I have two friends whose parents chose to travel extensively internationally once they retired from their jobs. Both couples spend more time overseas than they do here. One couple are retired school teachers. The other couple are a retired chemical engineer and a retired school teacher.
    06-11-2015 02:42 AM
    I have two friends whose parents chose to travel extensively internationally once they retired from their jobs. Both couples spend more time overseas than they do here. One couple are retired school teachers. The other couple are a retired chemical engineer and a retired school teacher.
    Nothing against waiting for retirement but I'm a firm believer that we can't predict what can happen so I'm of the opinion to do things as soon as viable. The philosophy of 'waiting' can lead to 'never'.

To give an example. My wife's grandfather talked of winning the lottery and then returning to Finland 'one day'. He would talk often about it, especially when the family was together. He died of a brain aneurysm at a fairly early age by today's standards.

My point is, that instead of working on achieving things on his own and doing it, he relied on a fantasy, like we all often do. If returning to Finland was important to him he should have did it and my wife knows both him and her grandmother had a desire to return.

There's no doubt life gets in the way but we shouldn't let it interfere too much with things that are important to us. It is true that there might not be a tomorrow. I sound a bit flighty but I guess I have learned my lessons the hard way. I'm a bit more impatient these days when it comes to certain things I want. I'm patient enough to do things 'right' though.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 06-11-2015 at 07:03 AM.
    06-11-2015 02:54 AM
    Nothing against waiting for retirement but I'm a firm believer that we can't predict what can happen so I'm of the opinion to do things as soon as viable. The philosophy of 'waiting' can lead to 'never'.

To give an example. My wife's grandfather talked of winning the lottery and then returning to Finland 'one day'. He would talk often about it, especially when the family was together. He died of a brain aneurysm at a fairly early age by today's standards.

My point is, that instead of working on achieving things on his own and doing it, he relied on a fantasy, like we all often do. If returning to Finland was important to him he should have did it and my wife knows both him and her grandmother had a desire to return.

There's no doubt life gets in the way but we shouldn't let it interfere too much with things that are important to us. It is true that there might not be a tomorrow. I sound a bit flighty but I guess I have a learned my lessons the hard way. I'm a bit more impatient these days when it comes to certain things I want. I'm patient enough to do things 'right' though.
    That makes perfect sense!
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    06-11-2015 02:56 AM
    That makes perfect sense!
    I'm glad I make sense sometimes. I often worry I don't. LOL!
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    06-11-2015 03:08 AM
    Here's a song by an artist from the UK that might be confusing to you, Sahib.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk
    sahib lopez likes this.
    06-11-2015 04:41 AM
144,463 ... 43564357435843594360 ...