Here's another song by the same singer with a lot of UK slang.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk
    sahib lopez likes this.
    06-11-2015 05:17 AM
    You're at work an hour early LaRue? Nasty.

Sahib tried very hard to dissect your local vernacular - a mean feat to be sure. Lets refrain from providing glossaries when encouraging the expansion of his knowledge base. This exacerbates the situation and defeats the point.
    We don't have a choice for Sahib but to explain it...unless we can drop a Fire Stick into his cerebrum...

Posted via Xperia Z3
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    06-11-2015 06:36 AM
    Morning folks. So there's a meeting at work today, it is expected to hit 90F in the NYC metro area...and I pulled out my janelle mone performer's look - tied included, no blazer.

Yup. All business today. I'll get a few looks in the meeting today for sure.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    06-11-2015 06:40 AM
    Morning folks. So there's a meeting at work today, it is expected to hit 90F in the NYC metro area...and I pulled out my janelle mone performer's look - tied included, no blazer.

Yup. All business today. I'll get a few looks in the meeting today for sure.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    I'm not a big fan of ties... just saying. I'd rather go for the blazer.

It's quite warm here today and getting warmer tomorrow. Except they're saying thunderstorms in the afternoon.
    06-11-2015 07:05 AM
    I'm not a big fan of ties... just saying. I'd rather go for the blazer.

It's quite warm here today and getting warmer tomorrow. Except they're saying thunderstorms in the afternoon.
    It's too hot today to do that. I could have gone with the sweater vest looks, but remember that I work with young people. So the tie is on for meetings and lunch, but off when clinic starts.

Personally I like ties. I do like wear them as much, but I like ties. I biy yies based on look and feel. Too many of the cheap ties have grevat patrerns but feel like excrement to the touch.

I gave my friend when he came up one of my favorite unworn ties with the small kerchief that goes in the front of the suit. It's a white tie base with black and grey patterns. Of course, it is a silk toe i got a few days ears ago on a killer discount. I've known him for 20 years so I know he'll take great care of it...and look really good wearing it too.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    06-11-2015 07:12 AM
    I find the state of Amtrak very interesting since it is a government assisted national railroad that has to make a profit. As I sit here in another delay on NJ transit, I'm painfully reminded of how much of a state of excrement the US rail and transportation system is. And you wonder why Americans like their cars and kvetch about fuel prices...

Posted via Xperia Z3
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    06-11-2015 07:17 AM
    I was the first in my family.

That's good that US passports last for 10 years. In some countries they're only 5 years. Which is annoying. Australia is 10.
    Children get a passport once every five years. My kids is onto the second one already☺
    06-11-2015 07:32 AM
    International travel is still not within everyone's reach. For me my travel comes from family being away and work. Also I'm fortunate enough to afford it. I calculated that in the last four years I spent enough on tickets to buy two new cars!

On a separate note I was the first one to get a passport and travel internationally in my family. I did get on a plane the first time when I traveled overseas, until then it was all trains.
    06-11-2015 07:38 AM
    I like ties but hate doing the knots! Most of the tie knots I have are permanent, I loosen them enough to remove the tie and then put it back on. These days I rarely wear ties or blazers though.
    06-11-2015 07:40 AM
    International travel is still not within everyone's reach..
    International travel is more affordable now than it's ever been. I'm not implying that it's simple but if you have a desire to go somewhere you should see about going sooner rather than later because there might not be a later. I know of too many stories of people putting off 'living' until their retirement. Only to retire and be dead two months later....

Or retire and not have the funds to do anything.
    06-11-2015 07:55 AM
    International travel is more affordable now than it's ever been. I'm not implying that it's simple but if you have a desire to go somewhere you should see about going sooner rather than later because there might not be a later. I know of too many stories of people putting off 'living' until their retirement. Only to retire and be dead two months later....

Or retire and not have the funds to do anything.
    There are over 7 billion people on the planet and I still think that maybe 20% have the means to travel internationally without worrying about finances. So if 4 out of every 5 individuals can't do it, I would say it is out of reach for a vast majority of people.

Even though international travel has become affordable one ticket would be greater than someone's yearly salary in quite a few countries in the world.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-11-2015 08:04 AM
    There are over 7 billion people on the planet and I still think that maybe 20% have the means to travel internationally without worrying about finances. So if 4 out of every 5 individuals can't do it, I would say it is out of reach for a vast majority of people.

Even though international travel has become affordable one ticket would be greater than someone's yearly salary in quite a few countries in the world.
    I was thinking more US based and you went international. I see where you're coming from of course.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-11-2015 08:07 AM
    That was a nice read while heading to school. A few things. If that was not the difficult slag then I worry of the hard slag is still English :p
    Also as of right now I don't have the finances to go travel..yet😁
    sent from my rare green linux 830
    06-11-2015 09:37 AM
    Well first - smoke break, when a person goes and have a cigarette. So instead of saying break they say having a smoke.

Smokeo - the O comes from the Australianization of the word. You'll find a lot of O's at the end of words in Australia.

You'll also find a lot of shortened words in Australia as well.

Oooh interesting I'm guessing it was used alot before or during the time people found out that smoking is bad for the smokers health. I wonder if the word cancer sticks was used too?
    06-11-2015 09:42 AM
    I haven't got to the harder slang yet...

Feels like I'm learning a new programing language. It's plain English but doesn't make sense to the untrained eye :p
    06-11-2015 09:45 AM
    Sahib, I'm sure you know what a barbie is in Australia. (It's not a doll).

I think it means pretty. I think my only reference is kangaroo jack:p
    06-11-2015 09:47 AM
    I think it means pretty. I think my only reference is kangaroo jack:p
    Barbie is BBQ....
    06-11-2015 10:09 AM
    Feels like I'm learning a new programing language. It's plain English but doesn't make sense to the untrained eye :p
    Here's a harder one mainly because it's a reference. You can of course find the meaning on the internet.

You've got buckleys, mate. According to MIA. :P
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-11-2015 10:15 AM
    Barbie is BBQ....

Ooooj so I guess they weren't talking about a girl ...makes sense now lol :p
    06-11-2015 10:23 AM
    Here's another song by the same singer with a lot of UK slang.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk
    O.o and here I thought it couldn't get worse lol
    06-11-2015 11:23 AM
    O.o and here I thought it couldn't get worse lol
    "Gee-gee up in Ayr" is a horse he bet on at a track in Scotland.

"Pub landlord had already been there" means his bar tab was paid with the money he won on the bet.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
    06-11-2015 11:57 AM
    I like ties but hate doing the knots! Most of the tie knots I have are permanent, I loosen them enough to remove the tie and then put it back on. These days I rarely wear ties or blazers though.
    I wore ties in high school and they taught us one knot. I used to be able to tie a bowtie too, but forgot how to.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    06-11-2015 02:59 PM
    A good way to end the school day. I went to a Mexican restaurant to eat. I like the fact that the food is good, the woman's FIFA is on they are watching it , free Wi-Fi and free refills :3. I dig this place
    06-11-2015 04:28 PM
    A bit sad that girls FIFA isn't as hyped up as guys FIFA :/
    06-11-2015 04:33 PM
    I wore ties in high school and they taught us one knot. I used to be able to tie a bowtie too, but forgot how to.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

I would like to try to tie a bow tie but I forget that I need a bow to tie
    06-11-2015 04:34 PM
142,810 ... 43574358435943604361 ...