I agree MSFT needs to beef up the specs on their phones. I liked how Nokia Lumia 8 line up was. The 800 and 900 series had the same soc. It would be nice if MSFT did that again. Same soc for 800 and up but differentiat with the camera ( front and back) look, storage.
    sent from my rare green linux 830
    06-16-2015 06:50 PM
    I played with a G4 running the G.E. launcher and was very, very impressed. I'd buy a G4, honestly. Just like i would have bought a G3 last year. The black leather back feels great. I'd pair a black moto 360 with a black stitched leather band on it just to look like a boss.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-16-2015 07:00 PM
    So I missed the bus by a few seconds :/ I sometimes wish people who get on the bus only to get off 1 or 2 blocks away. It makes the bus stop alot and also doesn't help that the traffic is packed around this time. Oh well ima go eat at a pizza place that makes new York style pizza. I hear people talk about it and it comes close to NYC type pizza
    06-16-2015 07:17 PM
    I agree MSFT needs to beef up the specs on their phones. I liked how Nokia Lumia 8 line up was. The 800 and 900 series had the same soc. It would be nice if MSFT did that again. Same soc for 800 and up but differentiat with the camera ( front and back) look, storage.
    It isn't about them beefing up their specs, simply.

Mid range is always the true battleground, populated by the previous year's falgships and carefully constructed current compromises. HTC learned this the hard way - they bailed on the mid range for a while and have only recently produced what some would argue have been good phones the new Desire line, and some great upper mid range phones in the One series (the compromises made there some folks would say aren't flagship grade worthy flaws). Mid range moves sales. Flagships grab headlines and entry level move units in volume - money is made in the mid range game.

MSFT needs to look at improving their mid range offerings. I like the 640, but they need to increase the storage and offer better chip performance. I think 99 was alluding to this earlier. I'm curious to see the loose partnership between Huawei and MSFT bear some fruit with how WP10 runs on custom SoC...if successful, roping in MediaTek is a good idea.

06-16-2015 07:22 PM
    I do like the following combinations when it comes to Android Wear and materials.

Moto X 2014 (black leather) + Moto 360 (black stainless + black leather)
    LG G4 (black leather) + Moto 360 (black stainless + black leather)
    Rose Gold HTC M9 + Rose Gold Zenwatch
    Green Silver Z3 + Stainless Steel Silver Moto 360 with Silver links/a Silver G Watch Urbane with Silver links/Zenwatch with Silver links

My point: while MSFT is doing the band, which makes sense and is good, I'd love to see then get into the watch game too. Maybe do a $100 difference (Band @ $175 and Watch @ $275), giving the watch cross platform support, and some looks and a speaker.

06-16-2015 07:44 PM
    I bet MSFT could make a good looking watch. A stainless steel watch, have it work without charging the battery everyday and give it color options and it could be awesome ๐Ÿ˜
    06-16-2015 07:54 PM
    I bet MSFT could make a good looking watch. A stainless steel watch, have it work without charging the battery everyday and give it color options and it could be awesome ๐Ÿ˜
    I think wearables are still in that early stage where people are skeptical and there is still a need to use them. My guess is cross platform may be one of the best ways to go. The MSFT band is one of the few wearables that works on all 3 major platforms. This is why Google's efforts to get Android Wear to work on iOS is important. Android Wear has 3 of the best 4 Smartwatch designs from OEMs right now - ZenWatch, Moto 360 G Watch R/Urbane. Hell, the Song Smartwatch 3 with metal links looks nice. The Apple Watch is pretty, make no mistakes, but there is a market for Apple users who cannot afford an Apple Watch but want a touch screen Smartwatch.

I get that UI wise, there would be an adjustment, but if MSFT refines the OS on the band, they would have a shot...assuming they price it right (less than the Apple Watch). Especially if they can get Cortana on iOS and Android and hook into capable voice searches and voice replies...

sahib lopez and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-16-2015 09:56 PM
    I think wearables are still in that early stage where people are skeptical and there is still a need to use them. My guess is cross platform may be one of the best ways to go. The MSFT band is one of the few wearables that works on all 3 major platforms. This is why Google's efforts to get Android Wear to work on iOS is important. Android Wear has 3 of the best 4 Smartwatch designs from OEMs right now - ZenWatch, Moto 360 G Watch R/Urbane. Hell, the Song Smartwatch 3 with metal links looks nice. The Apple Watch is pretty, make no mistakes, but there is a market for Apple users who cannot afford an Apple Watch but want a touch screen Smartwatch.

I get that UI wise, there would be an adjustment, but if MSFT refines the OS on the band, they would have a shot...assuming they price it right (less than the Apple Watch). Especially if they can get Cortana on iOS and Android and hook into capable voice searches and voice replies...

Maybe it'll happen. Seeing as msft doing everything possible to get as many users in their platform a smartwatch could be the next thing

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-16-2015 10:51 PM
    Tapatalk universal app don't work on build 10136 so I'm back to the old one.

My new toy arrived...
    06-16-2015 11:25 PM

My new toy arrived...
    https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06...0c36794a83.jpg
    I wanted to try the build on my 810 but I don't have time :(
    06-17-2015 12:21 AM

My new toy arrived...
    https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06...0c36794a83.jpg
    Cool! What are you going to do with your Raspberry Pi?
    06-17-2015 12:29 AM
    I do like the following combinations when it comes to Android Wear and materials.

Moto X 2014 (black leather) + Moto 360 (black stainless + black leather)
    LG G4 (black leather) + Moto 360 (black stainless + black leather)
    Rose Gold HTC M9 + Rose Gold Zenwatch
    Green Silver Z3 + Stainless Steel Silver Moto 360 with Silver links/a Silver G Watch Urbane with Silver links/Zenwatch with Silver links

My point: while MSFT is doing the band, which makes sense and is good, I'd love to see then get into the watch game too. Maybe do a $100 difference (Band @ $175 and Watch @ $275), giving the watch cross platform support, and some looks and a speaker.

I agree with you! I have no interest in the Band, since I don't like its style. I don't want a fitness tracker. If I get a smartwatch, I want one that looks stylish enough I could wear it at the office, not just at the gym.
    sahib lopez, N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    06-17-2015 12:31 AM
    Cool! What are you going to do with your Raspberry Pi?

DLNA client to connect to my NAS ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-17-2015 12:42 AM
    So the beta version of Cortana for Android is coming in July and no mention of it on WC... maybe they're tired of the negative feedback. :P
    06-17-2015 03:17 AM
    Late for work. Oops. What a bad start to the day...
    06-17-2015 04:46 AM
    I've had grief all morning. Want to switch?
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    06-17-2015 04:51 AM
    Morning folks. Headed to that project management training. I was reminded of how much of an *** my current supervisor is yesterday...

Posted via Xperia Z3
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    06-17-2015 06:52 AM
    Been an ok morning so far, trying to keep on top of a lot of different things at once as I'm off from tomorrow to Tuesday. Hoping that this afternoon will go quickly.
    MSFTisMIA and N_LaRUE like this.
    06-17-2015 07:03 AM
    As much as i would rather be home resting and doing laundry I'm actually looking forward to this training. I mean, I put on a tie for it too. Wasn't going to go with a blazer, as I thought that's too much. Plus, if I look underdressed, i can say - "I work with underserved populations".

Posted via Xperia Z3
    06-17-2015 07:34 AM
    So the beta version of Cortana for Android is coming in July and no mention of it on WC... maybe they're tired of the negative feedback.
    Perhaps they are going to let the AC team report about it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-17-2015 09:01 AM
    I kinda do that as well....
    06-17-2015 09:02 AM
    I've had grief all morning. Want to switch?
    No thanks!
    06-17-2015 09:02 AM
    Morning folks. Headed to that project management training. I was reminded of how much of an *** my current supervisor is yesterday...

Posted via Xperia Z3
    Any chance the supervisor will quit as well? With the exodus of folks from your workplace, I thought that your supervisor might jump ship as well and then you can be the supervisor
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-17-2015 09:04 AM
    Been an ok morning so far, trying to keep on top of a lot of different things at once as I'm off from tomorrow to Tuesday. Hoping that this afternoon will go quickly.
    Mini vacation eh? Enjoy your time off.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-17-2015 09:04 AM
    Spent a few hours downloading pictures to the computer and then uploading them to OneDrive. Just need to email the link to the concerned parties now.
    06-17-2015 09:06 AM
143,557 ... 43654366436743684369 ...