It is always hard to find a good case for any phone...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 06-21-2015 at 04:48 PM.
    06-21-2015 03:32 PM
    I am thinking of switching over to the Xiaomi Mi Note Bamboo Edition for the next couple of weeks so that I can try out the Build 10136 on my Lumia 830. I don't know if it is a wise idea or not but will mull over it for the next couple of days...
    I could have lived with that bloody build had Wi-Fi hotspot is not broken.

Sent by my Honor 6
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    06-21-2015 06:11 PM
    I'm glad I only need to go to the BMV office once every four years for a new driver license.

I order my registration (plates or sticker) online.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
    Here, it is called LTO for land transportation office. It's one of the most corrupt government agency. License plates take at least 6 months to get released. I renewed my license and the card will take 5 months to be released.

Sent by my Honor 6
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-21-2015 06:16 PM
    It is always hard to find a good case for any phone...

same here I have not found a good one for my 830
    06-21-2015 06:21 PM
    Here, it is called LTO for land transportation office. It's one of the most corrupt government agency. License plates take at least 6 months to get released. I renewed my license and the card will take 5 months to be released.

Sent by my Honor 6
    o.o that's bad ..... and here I thought the DMV was bad for taking 2-4 weeks to send you your id or DL
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-21-2015 06:21 PM
    o.o that's bad ..... and here I thought the DMV was bad for taking 2-4 weeks to send you your id or DL

We used to be able to get it on spot.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-21-2015 07:16 PM

Sent by my Honor 6
    Here it takes about a month to get registration if ordered online.

License is given on the spot if you go to the office.

azcruz and sahib lopez like this.
    06-21-2015 07:58 PM
    same here I have not found a good one for my 830
    I think I found something. It is really hit or miss...some brands that I've found worked well with one phone are sometimes crappy with others. I suppose that's by design...that way accessories makers stay in business...

Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    06-21-2015 10:05 PM
    So I've decided to make more use of my Qi charger. I ordered a universal Qi adapter which I plan to attach to my new spare phone when it arrives. If I do score a 360, that'll be good news for my charger too.

I need to start cutting down on tne cables around the house and this is the way to start.

azcruz and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-21-2015 10:08 PM
    I try not to take on too many first world problems, simply because of where I grew up. Sometimes to talk to my uncle as his current struggles helps keep me grounded in my own roots. We can too easily get caught up in first world glitz and glamour elements and miss the real humanity of things at times...

Posted via Xperia Z3
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-22-2015 12:47 AM
    So I've decided to make more use of my Qi charger. I ordered a universal Qi adapter which I plan to attach to my new spare phone when it arrives. If I do score a 360, that'll be good news for my charger too.

I need to start cutting down on tne cables around the house and this is the way to start.

I have two Nokia Qi chargers. They work great with my Nexus 7 tablet.
    azcruz and MSFTisMIA like this.
    06-22-2015 12:49 AM
    Here it takes about a month to get registration if ordered online.

License is given on the spot if you go to the office.

huh its the opposite for us. here for a registration is usually on the spot. I don't know if it changed but if my memory serves me well its on the spot while the DL is a whole different story
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-22-2015 12:56 AM

I thought all qi wireless were the same since the come from the qi standard and would work with any qi capable device
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-22-2015 12:57 AM
    I thought all qi wireless were the same since the come from the qi standard and would work with any qi capable device
    There's a good article here on AndroidCentral.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    06-22-2015 12:59 AM
    So driver's licence.

In Ontario (don't know about the rest of the country) you get it immediately when you pass your test. Then to renew it you can go to a kiosk if you don't need a new picture. Though for all I know they might have added a camera to that thing.

In Australia, you get it immediately on passing the test. They just changed to a new smart card version in Queensland so I don't know how things have changed.

Here in the EU (including UK) you get your licence immediately and you have it until your 70. At that age you then need to renew to see if you can still drive.

Ignorance, there is a cure.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-22-2015 01:11 AM
    So driver's licence.

In Ontario (don't know about the rest of the country) you get it immediately when you pass your test. Then to renew it you can go to a kiosk if you don't need a new picture. Though for all I know they might have added a camera to that thing.

In Australia, you get it immediately on passing the test. They just changed to a new smart card version in Queensland so I don't know how things have changed.

Here in the EU (including UK) you get your licence immediately and you have it until your 70. At that age you then need to renew to see if you can still drive.

Do you need a picture on a driver licence in the UK?
    06-22-2015 01:14 AM
    As for Qi charging, probably the other bit that Sony missed with the Z3.

I wish they had either brought out a case that was nice for it or have it built in. The case they have doesn't really look that great.

I need to buy a new magnetic charger for mine. I hate opening the flap all the time. The one I currently have is too painful to use.

Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    06-22-2015 01:15 AM
    There's a good article here on AndroidCentral.
    that was a good read but I'm still stuck wondering why would mia need a universal Qi charger. if all qi wireless phones work with qi wireless chargers why is there a need for universal charger ? o.o
    06-22-2015 01:17 AM
    So driver's licence.

WHAT O.O! ok that is sooooo cool. man cali makes it so much harder than it needs to me
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-22-2015 01:19 AM
    unless mia means universal as it works with Qi and PMA
    06-22-2015 01:23 AM
    WHAT O.O! ok that is sooooo cool. man cali makes it so much harder than it needs to me
    Hmm not sure about the Ontario one any more. It appears you can do it online like Australia (I just remembered) and you only need a new picture every 10 years.

06-22-2015 02:15 AM
    Do you need a picture on a driver licence in the UK?
    Yes. It's taken when you get the licence.
    06-22-2015 02:51 AM
    Yes. It's taken when you get the licence.
    Does a new picture ever need to be taken? Obviously one would not look the same at 30 as he or she would at 18. I cannot see one using the same picture from 18 years of age to 70 years of age.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk
    Rowland Jonathan1 likes this.
    06-22-2015 03:12 AM
    Does a new picture ever need to be taken? Obviously one would not look the same at 30 as he or she would at 18. I cannot see one using the same picture from 18 years of age to 70 years of age.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk
    It's the same picture from when you got your licence. No renewal necessary. I though it was weird too but that's the way it is.
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    06-22-2015 03:36 AM
    It's the same picture from when you got your licence. No renewal necessary. I though it was weird too but that's the way it is.
    That is weird!

That reminds me of pictures in the local newspaper obituaries. A decedent in his/her 80s has his/her high school graduation picture published. Nobody will know the person by that 60+ year old picture.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    06-22-2015 03:39 AM
145,292 ... 43774378437943804381 ...