WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

WP needs all the hardware or can get because its resale value, at least here in the States is so shifty.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

Value is based on what people are willing to pay for something. To most in the states they think WP is crippled. So there won't be much of a resale value. Kind of like the way most people think Android tablets are throw away devices after six months but apparently you can keep and iPad for years...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Value is based on what people are willing to pay for something. To most in the states they think WP is crippled. So there won't be much of a resale value. Kind of like the way most people think Android tablets are throw away devices after six months but apparently you can keep and iPad for years...

Pretty much. Because even though you may not get all the features when a new iOS update comes out, you'll get most that helps keep your iPad running well.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Who is this average consumer you speak of? :p

What people want is the same thing they get on android and iPhone. Apps. That's the average consumer. Period. Without that WP might as well stick to emerging economies at least developers support the os there.

well students and kids. they are either getting their first smartphone or buying a new one. they don't care what is SD is running or how much ram its getting. I still see college students with old android phones or old iphones. if they cared about specs they would of gotten a new phone by know but if it works for them then its good for them.
I think we are agreeing on the same thing im just saying specs don't mean a whole lot to the regular consumer . if they can get their social media stuff they are happy

Last edited:

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

well students and kids. they are either getting their first smartphone or buying a new one. they don't care what is SD is running or how much ram its getting. I still see college students with old android phones or old iphones. if they cared about specs they would of gotten a new phone by know but if it works for them then its god for them.
I think we are agreeing on the same thing im just saying specs don't mean a whole lot to the regular consumer . if they can get their social media stuff they are happy
Apathy.

It's why a lot of things stay the same over time, despite better alternatives existing, or potential to make the thing in question even better.

It's why going from Windows 7 to 8.x made Microsoft do 10.x just two and a half years into 8.x.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Here's a thought...stop running a siloed company. Throw money at refining the OS as quickly as possible. Forget bringing in the apps for right now be a use of your OS looks good and runs well, people will buy and the apps will come. Crank up that idea of Cortana on all Windows devices. Roll RT and WP into one quicker. Add missing WP features.

Pretty much do all the **** that needed to be done years ago.

They're too busy unifying the damn thing. It's kind of why 8.1 came too late, the GDRs and minor Updates seem to small for us to care, and 10 is still at least two fiscal quarters away.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

They're too busy unifying the damn thing. It's kind of why 8.1 came too late, the GDRs and minor Updates seem to small for us to care, and 10 is still at least two fiscal quarters away.

Probably right there. Sad stuff, really. At least I know when I buy a high end Sony, they'll do their best to give me updates. I cannot say the same for WP. Oh, they'll tweak it as they go, but too much is missing at this point for converts and too little exists to grab new folks.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well, another day another late train. The trains have been running really badly the last few weeks. Mostly engineering overruns bit today might be the weather.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I was right about the weather. It's a tree on the tracks. Blown over by the wind and probably weakened by the rain.

Yay public transport! :/

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

This is crazy. They cancelled the train station I was going to so the whole train emptied out. Another train was cancelled so now the whole platform is full. The next train is running late. It's going to be a very unproductive day...

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

This is crazy. They cancelled the train station I was going to so the whole train emptied out. Another train was cancelled so now the whole platform is full. The next train is running late. It's going to be a very unproductive day...
Sounds like a nasty Monday morning!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills