One day I'll try to post a picture of the connection for me on the MTA subway. It is such a zoo...

NJ transit runs a mix of double and single deck trains. And Amtrak's single deckers. Through two(!) tunnels, whose storm shutters are as old as you and 99 combined. If these tunnels go out, the region and the city is stuffed worse than a Thanksgiving turducken. Plans exist to upgrade the storm shutters (theud have to close tunnels individually to do this) and build a second pair of tunnels, but you know how these things go...overbudget and behind schedule.

Whenever NJ transit is interrupted, it is mino chaos. PATH is already pretty much at capacity. People are pushed to use mass transit, but this is getting ridiculous if the system is near capacity already. It is 10x worse during the academic school year.

It's amazing how well built these systems are for stuff decades old...but it is also amazing how lawmakers see the need to put money elsewhere instead of employing people to maintain these key infrastructures...

Just Another (Moto X 2014) Pure (Edition) Post!
    The lawmakers never ride these trains so they don't see the need to invest in infrastructure.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-07-2015 08:48 AM
    I feel the same way.... Too tired again today morning.
    And my supervisor starts the day off on a great note with sticking me with some extra work I don't need to do.

I tell you, she communicates as well as talking to a piece of cardboard...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    07-07-2015 08:55 AM
    The transit system here was once run by the government but then the selling off of assets happened and now all that happens is bad service and lay-offs of staff. With ever increasing fares. Got to keep the 'shareholders' happy.
    AMTRAK is semi private, which is the worst kind...government can reduce funding and still expect the railroads to turn a profit. I don't know anymore...they just treat the infrastructure like crap and still expect people to get to work on time and ****...

07-07-2015 08:57 AM
    The lawmakers never ride these trains so they don't see the need to invest in infrastructure.
    Oh, they DO use AMTRAK and one of them was nearly caught in that derailment last month...they still don't give a **** though...

Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-07-2015 08:58 AM
    And my supervisor starts the day off on a great note with sticking me with some extra work I don't need to do.

I tell you, she communicates as well as talking to a piece of cardboard...

Might want to get her the Google VR headset made of cardboard.
    07-07-2015 09:01 AM
    Oh, they DO use AMTRAK and one of them was nearly caught in that derailment last month...they still don't give a **** though...

The ones that ride it might care but there are plenty who don't ride it and they would vehemently oppose it!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-07-2015 09:02 AM
    The ones that ride it might care but there are plenty who don't ride it and they would vehemently oppose it!
    Like all things. It will need a major catastrophe and a major backlash from the public.Until then, nothing will change.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-07-2015 09:13 AM
    Might want to get her the Google VR headset made of cardboard.
    So she can look more intelligently stupid? Nah, I'll keep my moneunin pocket, thanks...

Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-07-2015 09:50 AM
    Like all things. It will need a major catastrophe and a major backlash from the public.Until then, nothing will change.
    Even then, they won't care...they'll ride the storm out until the next distraction that comes up and it is back to business as usual...

Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 07-07-2015 at 10:44 AM.
    worldspy99 and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-07-2015 09:54 AM
    Sure, they get to oppose it while my *** is paying for their salaries from my taxes. Sometimes these knuckleheads here as leaders make me wish that I could chuck them off a cliff...

07-07-2015 09:55 AM
    Even then, they won't care...they'll rude the storm out until the next distraction that comes up and it is back to business as usual...

For example. If they have a major incident in one of those tunnels, then they'll have to fix it regardless. That's what I meant. Not that I want that to happen but that's usually what it takes.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 07-07-2015 at 10:29 AM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-07-2015 10:03 AM
    Nice pictures Mia :) I should take try to take pictures of my commute
    sent from my rare linux green 830
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-07-2015 10:24 AM
    Hey its almost hump day 😁
    07-07-2015 10:24 AM
    For example. If they have a major incident in one of those tunnels, then they'll have to fix it regardless. That's what I meant. Not that I want that to happen but that's usually what it takes.
    I know. They'll spin it and tie it up in red tape to delay funding and would only do the necessary level repairs.

I have a healthy distrust for politicians. Not that they're bad people, just crooked mofos most times.

07-07-2015 10:42 AM
    Nice pictures Mia :) I should take try to take pictures of my commute
    Just don't snap the guy who's smoking the weed on your bus ride of he might snap you in half...

N_LaRUE, Laura Knotek and azcruz like this.
    07-07-2015 10:43 AM
    I know. They'll spin it and tie it up in red tape to delay funding and would only do the necessary level repairs.

I have a healthy distrust for politicians. Not that they're bad people, just crooked mofos most times.

I would trust a politician as far as I could throw them... not very far....

Most of them only care about themselves and what they get out of being a politician. Not about what they should be doing. The more ignorant the populace, the more they can get away with. The more trapped you feel the better it is for them. They're part of the problem and not the solution.

We as a populace are too chicken these days to do anything but complain. That's the sad part.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-07-2015 10:47 AM
    I would trust a politician as far as I could throw them... not very far....

Most of them only care about themselves and what they get out of being a politician. Not about what they should be doing. The more ignorant the populace, the more they can get away with. The more trapped you feel the better it is for them. They're part of the problem and not the solution.

We as a populace are too chicken these days to do anything but complain. That's the sad part.
    I grew up in a place where I saw my rep twice...both times it was an election year. Maybe in a small town I'd have a more favorable opinion...but right now I don't.

07-07-2015 11:11 AM
    Just don't snap the guy who's smoking the weed on your bus ride of he might snap you in half...

Sahib will become blunt on the short bus?
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    07-07-2015 11:42 AM
    After reading this article, I don't know if I should be excited or depressed!
    We tried using Windows 10 for real work and ... oh, the HORRORS ? The Register
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-07-2015 12:14 PM
    Sahib will become blunt on the short bus?
    He might experience a blunt end on the blount bus...

Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-07-2015 12:48 PM
    It's never fun doing this line of work...so I went to lunch to grab some Thai food (which they look 20 minutes instead of the customary 10 to make and gave no discount) and walked back to the office to find out that a HIV+ result was given. So my coworker is on lunch - that was her first time doing that here. We had the preparatory conversation last week and it sounds like she used the stuffs we discussed.

Always reminds of the importance of taking care of one's health and the risks people have to navigate to do so at times...

07-07-2015 12:57 PM
    It's never fun doing this line of work...so I went to lunch to grab some Thai food (which they look 20 minutes instead of the customary 10 to make and gave no discount) and walked back to the office to find out that a HIV+ result was given. So my coworker is on lunch - that was her first time doing that here. We had the preparatory conversation last week and it sounds like she used the stuffs we discussed.

Always reminds of the importance of taking care of one's health and the risks people have to navigate to do so at times...

My coworker and I had a long chat about it at the end of the day...she'll be fine. Just another day fighting on the front lines...

Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-07-2015 04:57 PM
    Looks like it went quiet here...oh well. Glad to be almost home.

sahib lopez and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-07-2015 06:11 PM
    Time to end my school day on a good note. No homework 😁
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-07-2015 06:51 PM
    After reading this article, I don't know if I should be excited or depressed!
    We tried using Windows 10 for real work and ... oh, the HORRORS ? The Register

My definition of real work-

* Four hyper-v images, one with Windows server 2012 as the domain controller, one SQL server 2014 full GUI, one SQL Server 2014 Core, one Windows 8.1 with Visual Studio 2013.

* Visual Studio 2015 RC

* Office 2013 with Power BI add-ins

* Expression Web 4 to keep my websites

* Nikon Capture NX 2

... that is real work to me.
    07-07-2015 07:12 PM
143,645 ... 44054406440744084409 ...