Today I felt terrible too. Hangoverish somehow. I don't know why, as mentioned I went to bed early.

Had a very interesting dream though. I was at a friend's (I don't know this person, in my dream it was a friend) flat, and from the street below it, you could see a theme park at the beach (Europapark, it's near the boarder of Switzerland in Germany and nothing near the sea) and behind it you could see another funfair located in Italy. Towards the sunset it was a very beautiful view, but geographically it makes no sense. At all.

Also, the last time I went to a theme park was in 2006, Disney Land Paris.
    Maybe you need to visit a theme park again.
    10-07-2013 01:16 AM
    I hope you'll recover quickly. It sounds like you must have done some intense workout.
    Well more a lot of up hill and down hill walking while carrying a heavy DSLR.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-07-2013 01:16 AM
    Well more a lot of up hill and down hill walking while carrying a heavy DSLR.
    That was a workout.
    10-07-2013 01:20 AM
    Maybe you need to visit a theme park again.
    Maybe... I don't really feel like it though.

I think first I'll set up my 50 PCR reactions I have planned for this morning. This will be a pipetting party.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-07-2013 01:28 AM

I think first I'll set up my 50 PCR reactions I have planned for this morning. This will be a pipetting party.
    Do you use Eppendorf?
    10-07-2013 01:35 AM
    Lumia 1020, 50k, too damn high.
    10-07-2013 01:51 AM
    Do you use Eppendorf?
    We use Eppendorf centrifuges. I don't think we use the original brand tubes though. For PCR reactions we use Thermo Scientific tubes (I don't like them really...).
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-07-2013 01:52 AM
    We use Eppendorf centrifuges. I don't think we use the original brand tubes though. For PCR reactions we use Thermo Scientific tubes (I don't like them really...).
    How I imagine your avatar.

Laura Knotek and Chregu like this.
    10-07-2013 01:54 AM
    I used to use eppendorf for PCR reactions. I didn't like Thermo Fisher. Their pipette tips were no good either.
    10-07-2013 01:54 AM
    I used to use eppendorf for PCR reactions. I didn't like Thermo Fisher. Their pipette tips were no good either.
    Rainin were pretty good.
    10-07-2013 02:05 AM
    It's too early in the morning for laboratory talk. :P Not that I don't find it interesting. :P
    10-07-2013 02:06 AM
    Actually it's more talking about brand names in the lab... which is rather disconcerting. :P
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-07-2013 02:07 AM
    Actually it's more talking about brand names in the lab... which is rather disconcerting. :P
    When I worked in the lab, I ordered the lab supplies.

We went through a lot of pipette tips.
    Chregu likes this.
    10-07-2013 02:12 AM

I can imagine. I'm sure Chregu goes through a few each day. I can only imagine what his 'parties' are like, must be a lot more. :P
    Chregu and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-07-2013 02:21 AM

If you manage to buy some pipettes, send some over to my school.
    Apparently, the last time that our pipettes were officially replaced were 10 years ago. Well, that doesn't count various accidents by students, where they're forced to replace various lab equipment, but you get the point.

And they call us "Iskolar ng Bayan".

Well, I live in the Philippines, so that's the norm in a public school, even if you're in the best one.
    *Sigh*
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-07-2013 02:22 AM
    If you manage to buy some pipettes, send some over to my school.
    Apparently, the last time that our pipettes were officially replaced were 10 years ago. Well, that doesn't count various accidents by students, where they're forced to replace various lab equipment, but you get the point.

And they call us "Iskolar ng Bayan".

Well, I live in the Philippines, so that's the norm in a public school, even if you're in the best one.
    *Sigh*
    I'm waiting desperately for a new set of pipettes. I don't have a 20 ul and share this one at the moment, and a part from my 1000 ul one falls off all the time. It makes me crazy. But the person responsible for ordering waits for another lab, and that causes delay.

I don't think I can send you the ones I'm using now though, my boss most likely wouldn't like it...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-07-2013 02:26 AM

I ordered lab supplies too. But I became a magnet for salespersons because of that. They visited every so often to pitch for new deals and products, and as Murphys law rules in my life, they always visited on days when I had no time to eat lunch or even have coffee.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-07-2013 02:28 AM
    I'm waiting desperately for a new set of pipettes. I don't have a 20 ul and share this one at the moment, and a part from my 1000 ul one falls off all the time. It makes me crazy. But the person responsible for ordering waits for another lab, and that causes delay.

I don't think I can send you the ones I'm using now though, my boss most likely wouldn't like it...
    Just read the colored parts as a sentence.
    I am not responsible for any deaths due to the laughter.
    Chregu and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-07-2013 02:29 AM
    Well, I didn't laugh, but I kind of died a little inside. Does that count?
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    10-07-2013 02:33 AM
    You deciphered my secret code! How did you do that, who gave you the blueprints?! Treason, treason!!!
    10-07-2013 03:15 AM
    Well, I didn't laugh, but I kind of died a little inside. Does that count?
    Read the bold part.
    I will send you some flowers, Chregu will personally hand deliver them at his own expenses. Those flowers will be handpicked from BIGPADDY's garden.
    10-07-2013 03:16 AM
    Read the bold part.
    I will send you some flowers, Chregu will personally hand deliver them at his own expenses. Those flowers will be handpicked from BIGPADDY's garden.
    Now me, now me. First the red words, then the blue! ...yes, I know it is cheating.
    mpt15 likes this.
    10-07-2013 03:24 AM
    Now me, now me. First the red words, then the blue! ...yes, I know it is cheating.
    Reminds me of WWE wrestler Eddie Gurrero.
    Lie, Cheat, Steal.
    10-07-2013 03:39 AM
    This thread just got a whole lot sillier.
    10-07-2013 03:43 AM
    This thread just got a whole lot sillier.
    Be careful of what you speak, you never know the kind of imagination the next person has.
    Credits to montsa007
    Debits to Chregu (For stealing my idea)
    Lol
    10-07-2013 03:45 AM
142,787 ... 441442443444445 ...