Lol that's what I used to say...
    I'm not happy with android..I constantly need to root and put a custom rom because I'm not happy with the stock rom
    I'm curious as to what you don't like about Android? As my previous post stated, my wife is trying to get us to switch over to Android, and I seem to cringe every time I pick an android device up... Can't entirely explain it, but it happens. Looking for sound reasons, from a WP to Android user, to not make the android leap.
    07-19-2015 01:24 AM
    My Nexus 7 is rooted, but I'm running a stock ROM. However, I'm able to block ads in Chrome since I have root.

I haven't done much in terms of customization, except using Nova Launcher Prime.

I only use 2 widgets: 1Weather and the stock clock.

screenshot_2015-07-19-02-23-05.jpg

screenshot_2015-07-19-02-23-18.jpg
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    07-19-2015 01:28 AM
    I could never go back to android. It is such an awful operating system to me and that isn't even including my opinion on Google. I was an android and htc fanboy for three years. No mas lol

sent from my iPhone...asking myself why I own one
    wow :O 3 years!!! I'm gonna salute you!
    07-19-2015 01:52 AM
    wow :O 3 years!!! I'm gonna salute you!
    Lol yeah I was ignorant then haha. I've seen the windows phone light lol ha jk

hope4wp likes this.
    07-19-2015 01:54 AM
    I'm curious as to what you don't like about Android? As my previous post stated, my wife is trying to get us to switch over to Android, and I seem to cringe every time I pick an android device up... Can't entirely explain it, but it happens. Looking for sound reasons, from a WP to Android user, to not make the android leap.
    I'm not an avid Android user..but I've used quite a few. if you don't have a device with good specs you'll suffer with the following
    1) the interface is easy to use if you get used to the lag that happens.
    2) apps are prone to stop on their own and you'll be annoyed by the notifications of them not responding even if they are not running in the background
    3) the system apps take more than half of your storage
    4) the constant need to login to your google account is exhausting
    5) they will break before you know it or the digitizer doesn't work (happened with the htc desire)
    6) you won't get the new android version for older models -_-
    7) samsung devices are not at all pleasing to the eyes
    8) i hate the fact that apps need to use all your information (contacts, photos, blah blah)
    9) ads!!!!! them ads install some weird apps saying "you device (model) has virus" (if you blindly tap ok like me) and damn they ruin your phone :| it ruined my sd card and i couldn't recover the data back
    there might be a few more things but these are all that i can think of
    I'm currently using the note 8...it's working just fine! except for the apps error....I don't think it's getting android lollipop...so I'm gonna wait for a while and flash a custom rom
    sinime and sahib lopez like this.
    07-19-2015 02:08 AM
    I haven't experienced any of those issues on my 2013 Moto X, which I've been using for over 4 months now.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-19-2015 02:13 AM
    So yesterday I used my L920 for the first time as a daily driver since November. I haven't missed it one bit. Not one.

My experience brought home just how much that phone drives my nuts and all the things about WP that irritate me.

I can't wait to get my Z3 back. I don't have to baby that phone at all and I don't have to find third party replacements. So much easier in life.

Ignorance, there is a cure.
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    07-19-2015 02:45 AM
    I'm trying out 6Tag. It's OK but I'm not fussed with the interface.

I got on Tapatalk and I went to post but my post ended up as spam! The interface on WP is a bit different compared to android. Not sure what I did wrong.

So I get to have another day of frustration coming. At least at work I can put the thing on charge. Today I'm taking my portable charger. Just in case.

Ignorance, there is a cure.
    07-19-2015 02:49 AM
    Morning folks. A lazy Sunday - I like that.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    sinime likes this.
    07-19-2015 10:38 AM
    Football :p it's football...good to know you've been playing again
    Yeah Yeah I know it's football but who cares as long as it gets the message out :p

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830
    07-19-2015 11:05 AM
    Your sentiments on android echo mine lol. Though we can't really blame Microsoft for the 820 since it was a Nokia handset. They aren't exactly the same model but I did have the 810 and that was pretty good. Never really had issues with Bluetooth connection with it. Of course didn't have it for long but still lol

Long live the Nokia lumia 810 the best wp around and it could of been even better if tmobile updated it

MSFTisMIA likes this.
    07-19-2015 11:07 AM
    I use both WP and Android daily and am used to the quirks with either OS. I use my iPad sparingly and the number of pokes it takes to get anything done drives me crazy.
    MSFTisMIA and sahib lopez like this.
    07-19-2015 12:04 PM
    I like Android a lot, I even like my Moto G, but truth is, it lags, quite a lot to be fair. It was much better with 4.4 Hopefully 5.1 fixes that, it should be here soon, Chinese already have it.

Poslano z mojega SM-T520 z uporabo Tapatalk
    07-19-2015 12:58 PM
    I use both WP and Android daily and am used to the quirks with either OS. I use my iPad sparingly and the number of pokes it takes to get anything done drives me crazy.
    I like them equally as they both offer good strengths that if you look at thing objectively, can compliment each other. I use more Android these days because the hardware itself is better, and I wished Nokia had put in the bands important to me on the 920, but I love the aesthetics of WP.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    sahib lopez likes this.
    07-19-2015 01:18 PM
    Looks like I got called to play football with the guys( happy Nadia 😉) i hope I don't get another 12 mosquito bites.
    sent from my rare debian green nokia lumia 830
    hope4wp likes this.
    07-19-2015 02:40 PM
    I haven't experienced any of those issues on my 2013 Moto X, which I've been using for over 4 months now.
    wow you must be lucky! I've noted this on samsung e7,samsung s3, htc desire, even my tab 3 -_- I didn't find a stable tab other than the first gen tab 7...that was the bomb! note is good too except for those apps not responding :(
    07-19-2015 04:16 PM
    Looks like I got called to play football with the guys( happy Nadia ) i hope I don't get another 12 mosquito bites.
    sent from my rare debian green nokia lumia 830
    yayyyyy!! break a leg :P
    sahib lopez likes this.
    07-19-2015 04:17 PM
    Long live the Nokia lumia 810 the best wp around and it could of been even better if tmobile updated it

It is hard to believe that the 925 sold that much more than the 810 truthfully and it appears that one was better supported.

07-19-2015 04:29 PM
    Debating strongly about switching back...do it or don't lol haha.

Decisions decisions

07-19-2015 04:33 PM

Decisions decisions

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07...18b8515d9f.jpg

Oh dude come on, it's just a phone. :)
    07-19-2015 04:37 PM

Decisions decisions

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07...18b8515d9f.jpg

I mean if it works it works. You still got all the MS apps which are probably better at the time..
    07-19-2015 04:38 PM
    I mean if it works it works. You still got all the MS apps which are probably better at the time..
    All the while hating the ui and overall not being thrilled about ios lol

sahib lopez likes this.
    07-19-2015 04:55 PM
    Oh dude come on, it's just a phone. :)
    It's just a phone? I thought it was a million dollars ;)

sahib lopez likes this.
    07-19-2015 04:56 PM
    Nice to see you jump in!
    07-19-2015 06:07 PM
    It is hard to believe that the 925 sold that much more than the 810 truthfully and it appears that one was better supported.

I bet it was because tmobile didn't want to bother updating the 810 coupled with they they were rolling out their lte. They figured it was alot easier and cheaper to get a new wp than updating an old wp
    07-19-2015 08:43 PM
144,469 ... 44344435443644374438 ...