The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    I think they are both great for different reasons - think one of the greatest things about the life of brian was the controversy it caused at the time.
    Didn't they only recently remove the ban on it in one of the towns here?
    10-07-2013 04:53 AM
    Didn't they only recently remove the ban on it in one of the towns here?
    Not sure - more than likely though - I remember seeing the interview they did with Cleese, Palin and a bishop I think. Almost as funny as watching one of the sketch shows.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    10-07-2013 05:03 AM
    Not sure - more than likely though - I remember seeing the interview they did with Cleese, Palin and a bishop I think. Almost as funny as watching one of the sketch shows.
    I've only watched Monty Python: The Meaning of Life. Which i found quite funny. :)
    10-07-2013 05:07 AM
    I've only watched Monty Python: The Meaning of Life. Which i found quite funny. :)
    Yeah that's not bad - completely random film though - theres bits I find really funny and other bits I just sit there scratching my head - the middle of the film sketch playing find the fish - like WTF is that all about.
    10-07-2013 05:10 AM
    Yeah that's not bad - completely random film though - theres bits I find really funny and other bits I just sit there scratching my head - the middle of the film sketch playing find the fish - like WTF is that all about.
    I'm not a big fan of Meaning of Life. There's some good bits, like the first song and the Death sketch. The biggest complaint about it is it's more like and extended show than a movie.

I did a quick search. The last ban was lifted in 2009 however it's still banned to play the movie in some German town on Good Friday. :P
    10-07-2013 05:15 AM
    Recommend watching Holy Grail and Life of Brian. However, I'd watch Life of Brian with some friends who aren't too sensitive about religion.
    10-07-2013 05:16 AM
    Recommend watching Holy Grail and Life of Brian. However, I'd watch Life of Brian with some friends who aren't too sensitive about religion.
    I'm not sensitive about religion, i am currently a Roman Catholic who hasn't gone to church in over 3 years!
    10-07-2013 05:28 AM
    I'm not sensitive about religion, i am currently a Roman Catholic who hasn't gone to church in over 3 years!
    I'll stay polite and not say what I feel about the RCC. :P

Good that you have an open mind then. :)
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 10-07-2013 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Damn typos.
    10-07-2013 05:38 AM
    Screw that - I would say watch life of brian with friends that are really sensitive about religion. Just for sh*ts and giggles.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    10-07-2013 06:02 AM
    Screw that - I would say watch life of brian with friends that are really sensitive about religion. Just for sh*ts and giggles.
    Depends if you want to stay friends with them. :P Also they might want to start 'praying for your soul' :P

Then again, you could always ask yourself if you really want friends like that. :P
    martinmc78 likes this.
    10-07-2013 06:11 AM
    I'm having fish in yellow curry.
    Chregu likes this.
    10-07-2013 06:19 AM
    I'm having fish in yellow curry.
    Sounds great. :) I have to have more fish curries.
    10-07-2013 06:24 AM
    So I'm bored so I'll post some pictures of my little trip to the Jurassic Coast. I only made it to one point unfortunately. The drive there is long and the drive home even longer. We plan to stay a night sometime in the future to see more.
    10-07-2013 06:38 AM
    All pictures are of Durdle Door area.

picture_straighten_jpg-3-.jpg
    martinmc78, Chregu, azcruz and 1 others like this.
    10-07-2013 06:39 AM
    wp_20131006_15_01_25_pro.jpg
    martinmc78, Chregu and Muessig like this.
    10-07-2013 06:40 AM
    I personally find Life of Brian better but I do like The Holy Grail. Have you seen Spamalot?
    Yes, I have. A Swiss adaptation of the original Broadway show. The local humor was terrible. But a friend of mine was playing in the orchestra, that's actually the reason why I went to see it.

Today I bought ice cream after lunch. Today was a good day.
    10-07-2013 07:00 AM
    Yes, I have. A Swiss adaptation of the original Broadway show. The local humor was terrible. But a friend of mine was playing in the orchestra, that's actually the reason why I went to see it.

Today I bought ice cream after lunch. Today was a good day.
    I wonder if you would find the English version any better.

I had ice cream yesterday, after all the climbing around I did. Was a good day. :)
    Chregu likes this.
    10-07-2013 07:16 AM
    I wonder if you would find the English version any better.

I had ice cream yesterday, after all the climbing around I did. Was a good day. :)
    I'm not sure if it was in German or English, or if the dialog was German and the music was English. I don't remember. Also it wasn't too bad, there were funny parts in it. However they wrote in some very left wing based political humor, which I really didn't like. Not because it was left winged, but because it was incredibly calculated.

Ice cream is the greatest creation on this planet. I think it's the only argument that could convince me that the idea of Intelligent Design has some substance to it. ;-)
    N_LaRUE and mpt15 like this.
    10-07-2013 07:20 AM
    I'm on lunch, decided to go to a shop and got bamboozled by a new size and shape coke can. Instant sale.

*hangs head in sugary shame*
    N_LaRUE and BIGPADDY like this.
    10-07-2013 07:30 AM
    I'm not sure if it was in German or English, or if the dialog was German and the music was English. I don't remember. Also it wasn't too bad, there were funny parts in it. However they wrote in some very left wing based political humor, which I really didn't like. Not because it was left winged, but because it was incredibly calculated.

Ice cream is the greatest creation on this planet. I think it's the only argument that could convince me that the idea of Intelligent Design has some substance to it. ;-)
    For intelligent design see Ben & Jerry's - managed to demolish a tub of there "core" range a little while ago - its called Blondie Brownie

Half chocolate ice cream with chocolate brownie pieces and Half vanilla ice cream with blondie (white chocolate brownie) pieces with a core of soft dark caramel.
    Chregu, N_LaRUE and mpt15 like this.
    10-07-2013 07:33 AM
    Half chocolate ice cream with chocolate brownie pieces and Half vanilla ice cream with blondie (white chocolate brownie) pieces with a core of soft dark caramel.
    Now I want more ice cream :(

My 50 PCR reactions didn't work. What a stupid day.
    10-07-2013 07:46 AM
    LOL! Yes, we're the creators. :P No praise to any supernatural entity required. :P
    Chregu likes this.
    10-07-2013 07:50 AM
    For intelligent design see Ben & Jerry's - managed to demolish a tub of there "core" range a little while ago - its called Blondie Brownie

Sounds good. I'll have to try it one day where I can have time to recover....
    10-07-2013 07:51 AM

I want that ice cream!
    10-07-2013 07:54 AM
    I want that ice cream!
    Half baked is my other favourite - Half chocolate ice cream with chocolate fudge brownie pieces and half vanilla with lumps of cookie dough.

Om Nom Nom Nom.
    10-07-2013 08:32 AM
142,785 ... 443444445446447 ...