I'm not a fan of Dell they made their name on support for large corporations.

Their computers are average and you pay more than is necessary for them because of that support they offer.

Ignorance, there is a cure.

Learned my lesson...
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-06-2015 03:11 AM
    Um, I thinking about trying out the next windows 10 mobile update on my 640 for the first time, when it comes out. Any advice?
    08-06-2015 05:33 AM
    Um, I thinking about trying out the next windows 10 mobile update on my 640 for the first time, when it comes out. Any advice?

You'll run into issues, if you can live with that.

Having said that, my 636 is still on 10166 as a daily driver.
    08-06-2015 06:03 AM
    Lol, here we go again :D
    azcruz and sinime like this.
    08-06-2015 06:35 AM
    I took the plunge Monday and I'm impressed. Haven't used it as a daily driver yet - next week - but I like what I see. Az is right - there are some issues, but overall it isn't bad at all.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    08-06-2015 07:04 AM
    Morning folks. Work is getting done in my apartment so I'm by the GF for a long weekend. Not that either one of us is complaining, but there's some cleanup to be done when I return home on Monday.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    N_LaRUE and azcruz like this.
    08-06-2015 07:06 AM
    Gooooooood morning all you lovely gentlemen and lady (there's only ever a singular lady on the internet...true story) and I suppose a "good morning" to you non-gentlemen and non-lady (the singular anti-lady).
    sahib lopez and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-06-2015 07:15 AM
    I'm almost tempted to pick up a Moto G (2015) or a Mi 2 note as a spare. May hold off and just get something else next month, like a Moto Maxx.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    worldspy99 and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-06-2015 07:28 AM
    08-06-2015 07:37 AM
    It's raining quite heavily. That's OK though. :)

Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-06-2015 08:03 AM
    So word is currently that the new flagships from MS will cost about the same as the iPhones. (not sure which ones)

I'm not entirely sure what I think of that.

It can be debated that iPhones use premium materials (along with other flagships) and the new Lumias will be plastic. Depends on point of view really.

Not sure what the strategy is but if I wanted to gain users making it cost the same as other phones but still lacking the developer take up I'm not sure if that's a good idea.

I guess we'll see. So far this is all rumour. The windows fans are all excited and I'm curious but what does the rest of the smartphone world make of it will be the bigger question.

Will it make any difference?

Posted by my Nexus 7
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 08-06-2015 at 08:52 AM.
    08-06-2015 08:18 AM
    So word is currently that the new flagships from MS will cost about the same as the iPhones. (not sure which ones)

It can be debated that iPhones use premium materials (along with other flagships) and the new Lumias will be plastic. Friends on point of view really.

Not sure what the strategy is but if I wanted to gain users making it cost the same as other phones but still lacking the developer take up I'm not sure if that's a good idea.

I guess we'll see. So far this is all rumour. The windows fans are all excited and I'm curious but what does the rest of the smartphone world make of it will be the bigger question.

Posted by my Nexus 7
    If MS does this, it'll flop.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    08-06-2015 08:25 AM
    If MS does this, it'll flop.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    There's that issue and then there's the carrier issue. They need to fix their relationship with both developers and carriers. Exclusives will kill these phones.

08-06-2015 08:53 AM
    I'm almost tempted to pick up a Moto G (2015) or a Mi 2 note as a spare. May hold off and just get something else next month, like a Moto Maxx.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    You mean a M2 Note from Meizu?
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    08-06-2015 08:56 AM

It can be debated that iPhones use premium materials (along with other flagships) and the new Lumias will be plastic. Depends on point of view really.

Posted by my Nexus 7
    Then they will flop. MSFT needs to go the Moto route to compete. Samsung's net profits keep going down even though the S6 has premium materials and they still are not winning against the fruit stand offerings - Edge be damned.
    08-06-2015 08:59 AM
    There's that issue and then there's the carrier issue. They need to fix their relationship with both developers and carriers. Exclusives will kill these phones.

They really need to go the Moto route and tell the carriers to shove it. Point in case is the latest Lumia 830 fiasco over at AT&T.
    08-06-2015 09:00 AM
    Good morning everyone. More toys should be here early next week.
    MSFTisMIA and azcruz like this.
    08-06-2015 09:01 AM
    As nice as Windows 10 looks, if MSFT'S plan is to launch the OS and think people will line up droves for it, they're doomed to fail.

Even Apple is running into the glut in the high end market. Selling Lumias the same price as iPhones? I get why, but that's a serious mistake.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 08-06-2015 at 11:46 AM.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-06-2015 10:37 AM
    08-06-2015 10:49 AM
    Just realising how relaxing things are.

08-06-2015 10:54 AM

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08...0a64009348.jpg

That is relaxing :) must be nice

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830
    08-06-2015 11:29 AM

Posted by my Nexus 7
    Yeah it'll flop. Hardly anyone is going to buy a phone that is more expensive than the iPhone with less apps.

MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-06-2015 11:32 AM
    Gooooooood morning all you lovely gentlemen and lady (there's only ever a singular lady on the internet...true story) and I suppose a "good morning" to you non-gentlemen and non-lady (the singular anti-lady).
    What o.o where do you come up with these things !? Lol next thing you'll be saying yet anti-lumia

08-06-2015 11:33 AM
    I think it has little to do with liking you.

Put yourself in the other guy's shoes and ask your question again if it was him asking you.

You might surprise yourself with the answer.

Well I guess he wouldn't fell right. Thought knowing how this went down, what would he be worried about. Anyways if I had a girlfriend and she told me about being friends with her ex I'd say that's ok. She left him for a reason.

08-06-2015 11:37 AM

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08...0a64009348.jpg

I could use me some of this.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    08-06-2015 11:46 AM
143,629 ... 44754476447744784479 ...