Suddenly i figured out how to make Windows 10 more Windows 8 esque(I hate the start menu feels like i am back in 2000s). I can just permanently leave my Surface is tablet mode regardless and now all my apps act just like the metro apps in Windows 8 and I can have the full screen start screen instead of that stupid start menu. Although i wish there was a desktop tile like before, but all is well.
    Micah, I like your new avatar.
    08-07-2015 12:12 AM
    I think you are a perfect candidate for one :P you say more random stuff than me o.o
    But no one on social media ever wants to talk about computers or smartphones they just want to talk about their latest meal or spontaneous breakups. And then the subsequent relationship that mysteriously spawns four and a half seconds later. I'd rather avoid the hate-infested/life-sucking/***** filled holes that mischievously take on the guise of "social media."
    What? Was that a little too much? Nah, I don't think so.

...this site censors "idi*t..." I never cuss. But apparently this site doesn't agree. Sigh.
    Last edited by Zachary Boddy; 08-07-2015 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Added general complaints about life and unfair accusations of swearing.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    08-07-2015 12:16 AM
    I can't believe the system of Dell sucks.

My initial support call was routed to Malaysia yesterday, where my basic information was supposedly entered and a case # was issued. I was told a call will be made. Nada.

Followed up early today, and after an uninspiring conversation I was told to call them back if i don't get a call by 10am as the part is already available. Zilch.

Followed up 11am today, and the lady on the other line "promised" a call will be made before 1pm today. Geez.

A call from Cebu came in. They have the wrong company in their record, no address, and no ZIP code.

I breathed fresh air. Corrected the company name, and provided missing information. I was told the technician will be at my office before 1:30pm.
    Do report back at 1:30pm with the details...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-07-2015 01:22 AM
    Do report back at 1:30pm with the details...

As I expected, the antennas are not connected. I could have fixed it myself but I don't want to open it and void further warranty claims.

So yes, it was finally fixed and technician has no idea why the Wi-Fi board wires are left unconnected.

I could think the unit is refurbished but I'd like to think it's an assembly line issue, which sucks for Dell.
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    08-07-2015 01:26 AM
    As I expected, the antennas are not connected. I could have fixed it myself but I don't want to open it and void further warranty claims.

So yes, it was finally fixed and technician has no idea why the Wi-Fi board wires are left unconnected.

I could think the unit is refurbished but I'd like to think it's an assembly line issue, which sucks for Dell.
    Well at least it's fixed
    Laura Knotek and azcruz like this.
    08-07-2015 01:27 AM
    I'm actually starting to like this Inspiron, which for my purpose is a better compared to my original choice of Asus.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-07-2015 01:56 AM
    Suddenly i figured out how to make Windows 10 more Windows 8 esque(I hate the start menu feels like i am back in 2000s). I can just permanently leave my Surface is tablet mode regardless and now all my apps act just like the metro apps in Windows 8 and I can have the full screen start screen instead of that stupid start menu. Although i wish there was a desktop tile like before, but all is well.
    this !
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-07-2015 01:57 AM
    But no one on social media ever wants to talk about computers or smartphones they just want to talk about their latest meal or spontaneous breakups. And then the subsequent relationship that mysteriously spawns four and a half seconds later. I'd rather avoid the hate-infested/life-sucking/***** filled holes that mischievously take on the guise of "social media."
    What? Was that a little too much? Nah, I don't think so.

...this site censors "idi*t..." I never cuss. But apparently this site doesn't agree. Sigh.
    well that's.... a mouthful lol. what can I say but welcome to the thread where anything goes and where almost any topic can be talked about :P most of the time here its tech and whatnot sometimes there is an occasional NSFW talk and stuff :P
    08-07-2015 02:01 AM
    What did you use to take that picture?
    It's my Sony Xperia Z3 as someone pointed out.

Ignorance, there is a cure.
    azcruz and MSFTisMIA like this.
    08-07-2015 04:14 AM
    well that's.... a mouthful lol. what can I say but welcome to the thread where anything goes and where almost any topic can be talked about :P most of the time here its tech and whatnot sometimes there is an occasional NSFW talk and stuff :P
    We don't talk about enough NSFW stuff because 99'll delete posts and you and Laura may turn the same shade of red...

Posted via Xperia Z3
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-07-2015 07:02 AM

Someone?

I see you're so relaxed on vacation to the point where you're too lazy to give credit where credit is due (sarcasm alert)...

Posted via Xperia Z3
    08-07-2015 07:04 AM

Glad it got sorted out. Sounds like a typical Dell experience...when the machine finally works, it works really well...but when something goes wrong, it is an asspain to fix.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    Laura Knotek and azcruz like this.
    08-07-2015 07:09 AM
    Morning folks. Still trying to figure out what mood I'm in...

Posted via Xperia Z3
    08-07-2015 07:11 AM
    Glad it got sorted out. Sounds like a typical Dell experience...when the machine finally works, it works really well...but when something goes wrong, it is an asspain to fix.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    Hopefully after this, it's all positive moving forward.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    08-07-2015 07:26 AM

I really like Sony's Xperia devices. It's saddening what they're doing with them right now. Incremental upgrades that don't fix any problems and just add new ones. I hope the Z5 is an improvement.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-07-2015 08:17 AM
    Morning folks, busy day and an even busier weekend ahead. I see lots of coffee in the near future.
    sinime, MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-07-2015 09:21 AM
    Bummer!!
    08-07-2015 10:06 AM
    I really like Sony's Xperia devices. It's saddening what they're doing with them right now. Incremental upgrades that don't fix any problems and just add new ones. I hope the Z5 is an improvement.
    Truth be told, HTC and Sony are facing similar set of problems. As a Z3 + Z3 Tablet Compact owner, the hardware is good enough. The problems both companies share in common are:

1) Poor marketing strategies

2) Too many offerings. Moto isn't rolling in the cash but they've realized it is better just to have a smaller lineup, put some of that other cash into something unique like customizations.

3) Improve after care sales service. This, sadly, inlcudes putting out faster updates, as well as honoring warranties and better access to accessories. The regulars here know I knock Sony all the time for this. Their accessories are overpriced and hard to get. WTF?

4) Better overall strategy, which includes pricing. Sony cannot do this every six months crap in their current setup as it devalues their phones quicker...and 99 will tell you that brand name is everything in Android in terms of resale value. HTC cannot have five million versions of the same phone either.

Folks, there is no hero phone. This statement applies to WP as well. So if MSFT is thinking people are sitting on their hands and knees praying for their Talkman and Cityman phones to buy them at any price, they're crazy.

If it were up to me, I'd tell Sony and HTC to streamline their line up.

Sony can get away with:

1) a good entry level,
    2) a big screen mid range,
    3) a Compact flagship in the upper midrange slot
    4) a true flagship
    5) a Compact tablet and
    6) a full size tablet
    7) an Android Wear device

That's 7 devices to support annually and keep it like that...and pump money into after care and software updates.

MSFT can get away with:

1) entry level
    2) mid range
    3) flagship
    4) bigger screen flagship
    5) Surface
    6) Surface Pro

HTC:

1) entry level
    2) Desire series for the mid range
    3) One series or One series successor

HTC could get away with maybe 5 devices. The biggest threat these guys don't understand is from the Chinese OEMs like ZTE, Xioami, Huawei, etc. While no one is making money in Android - not even Samsung - the Chinese are building a good base so that when they iron out their software issues, traditional powers are in for a world of hurt....

But hey, I'm an armchair CEO so WTF do I know...

Posted via Xperia Z3
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-07-2015 10:10 AM
    Someone?

I see you're so relaxed on vacation to the point where you're too lazy to give credit where credit is due (sarcasm alert)...

Posted via Xperia Z3
    LOL! I was typing quickly.

MSFTisMIA and sahib lopez like this.
    08-07-2015 10:17 AM
    Truth be told, HTC and Sony are facing similar set of problems. As a Z3 + Z3 Tablet Compact owner, the hardware is good enough. The problems both companies share in common are:

1) Poor marketing strategies

2) Too many offerings. Moto isn't rolling in the cash but they've realized it is better just to have a smaller lineup, put some of that other cash into something unique like customizations.

3) Improve after care sales service. This, sadly, inlcudes putting out faster updates, as well as honoring warranties and better access to accessories. The regulars here know I knock Sony all the time for this. Their accessories are overpriced and hard to get. WTF?

4) Better overall strategy, which includes pricing. Sony cannot do this every six months crap in their current setup as it devalues their phones quicker...and 99 will tell you that brand name is everything in Android in terms of resale value. HTC cannot have five million versions of the same phone either.

Folks, there is no hero phone. This statement applies to WP as well. So if MSFT is thinking people are sitting on their hands and knees praying for their Talkman and Cityman phones to buy them at any price, they're crazy.

If it were up to me, I'd tell Sony and HTC to streamline their line up.

Sony can get away with:

1) a good entry level,
    2) a big screen mid range,
    3) a Compact flagship in the upper midrange slot
    4) a true flagship
    5) a Compact tablet and
    6) a full size tablet
    7) an Android Wear device

That's 7 devices to support annually and keep it like that...and pump money into after care and software updates.

MSFT can get away with:

1) entry level
    2) mid range
    3) flagship
    4) bigger screen flagship
    5) Surface
    6) Surface Pro

HTC:

1) entry level
    2) Desire series for the mid range
    3) One series or One series successor

HTC could get away with maybe 5 devices. The biggest threat these guys don't understand is from the Chinese OEMs like ZTE, Xioami, Huawei, etc. While no one is making money in Android - not even Samsung - the Chinese are building a good base so that when they iron out their software issues, traditional powers are in for a world of hurt....

But hey, I'm an armchair CEO so WTF do I know...

Posted via Xperia Z3
    You said it. I don't really have anything to add other than to emphasize the worst mistake Sony made was releasing a new flagship every six months that brought nothing new to the table but cost a whole lot more than its predecessors.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-07-2015 10:27 AM
    LOL! I was typing quickly.

Typing quickly while on vacation? Maybe you were snaeking a peek at the thread while the wife wasn't looking and didn't want to get caught red handed...

Posted via Xperia Z3
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    08-07-2015 10:56 AM
    You said it. I don't really have anything to add other than to emphasize the worst mistake Sony made was releasing a new flagship every six months that brought nothing new to the table but cost a whole lot more than its predecessors.
    I've mentioned it on the thread, but if I were me at Sony I'd split their lineup in two.

In the first half of the year I'd launch the flagship and the 10" tablet. In the second half of the year I'd launch the Compact flagship and the compact tablet. And in the dead period I'd launch the entry level and the big screen mid range at a small announcement. Updating each line annually still allows them to seemingly always launch something new to generate buzz, but not be stepping on the hardware as much. They can test a new wrinkle or two in the Compact line and put the refined version in the flagship line next year, for example.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-07-2015 11:02 AM
    I've mentioned it on the thread, but if I were me at Sony I'd split their lineup in two.

In the first half of the year I'd launch the flagship and the 10" tablet. In the second half of the year I'd launch the Compact flagship and the compact tablet. And in the dead period I'd launch the entry level and the big screen mid range at a small announcement. Updating each line annually still allows them to seemingly always launch something new to generate buzz, but not be stepping on the hardware as much. They can test a new wrinkle or two in the Compact line and put the refined version in the flagship line next year, for example.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    Yup and avoid the Snapdragon 810 debacle that plagued so many devices this year...
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-07-2015 11:50 AM
    Yup and avoid the Snapdragon 810 debacle that plagued so many devices this year...
    They could put the intermezzo chips in the Compact model (808/805) and the flagship chips in the flagship...that way, if Qualcomm's chip sucks like the 810 did, it doesn't destroy their whole lineup for the year.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    08-07-2015 12:26 PM
    looks like another smoky day in my part of cali :/
    08-07-2015 12:55 PM
145,745 ... 44774478447944804481 ...