Here you go Sahib...a different view of the Empire State building...

Posted via Xperia Z3
    that type of weather reminds me of S.F an or eureka :P
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-11-2015 12:58 PM
    It's going to hit triple digits here starting tomorrow. So I'd take the NYC weather right now compared to the weather here.
    that's California life for you :P I cant wait for the fall
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-11-2015 01:00 PM
    Okay so here is the unsolicited review (specifically for MSFTisMIA along with a sarcasm alert!) of Windows 10 on a Acer Aspire Laptop and a Acer Iconia W4 tablet.

The laptop works great for me without any issues so far. I am not trying to do anything new on this computer that I did not do last week prior to installing Windows10. So call me biased but I haven't had any issues so far aside from the initial hiccup about microphone and sound which was pretty easy to fix. Another minor quibble was no more Google Music on the laptop as the Google thinks I have a new PC that wants to run Google Music and they will only allow 20 devices total and I can only deregister 4 devices a year. Aside from this two items, everything works as intended. Chrome is quite slow for some reason but Edge works just fine.

Side rant
    Four devices per year, SMH...I know 4 is enough for most people to cycle through in a year but sometimes I go through that many in a week:-) So I have just stopped using Google Music and have switched over to Amazon (I already pay for Prime) and Mix Radio.

Acer Iconia W4-820
    The tablet came with Win10 loaded. I like it a lot. I have cycled through Surface, DVP, Toshiba Encore 2, Yoga 2 and now this tablet. All the previous tablets ran Win8.1 and I was quite familiar with how things worked and am quite okay with how tablet mode works on Win10. My only complaint so far is that MSFT needs to make WordFlow available in tablet mode. That is one thing they need to port over from WP. Otherwise I am happy with the tablet as well.

I will continue updating folks here as things progress. So far so good, at least for me. YMMV.
    08-11-2015 03:00 PM
    Quick update on the tablet:
    I finally got sometime to put the tablet through my standard checklist - since it is a used device it has to go through that - and I discovered that the audio jack is no bueno. Lot of static and hissing sound is coming out of the tablet. That is a bit bothersome. Need to see if BT headphones work with it without any issues.
    08-11-2015 04:53 PM
    Quick update on the tablet:
    I finally got sometime to put the tablet through my standard checklist - since it is a used device it has to go through that - and I discovered that the audio jack is no bueno. Lot of static and hissing sound is coming out of the tablet. That is a bit bothersome. Need to see if BT headphones work with it without any issues.
    Mechanical issue or drivers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-11-2015 05:09 PM
    A better article about HTC's collapse.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/andro...ampaign=buffer

sahib lopez likes this.
    08-11-2015 05:10 PM
    Mechanical issue or drivers?

Can't seem to figure it out. Drivers are all updated according to the tablet. I deleted the Realtek driver and let it find a new one by itself and that did not solve the problem.
    08-11-2015 05:16 PM
    That's a cool perspective.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk
    I was walking by because I didn't feel to elbow people on a crowded train in Penn Station. So I snapped this whole waiting for the traffic light to change.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-11-2015 06:09 PM
    Okay so here is the unsolicited review (specifically for MSFTisMIA along with a sarcasm alert!) of Windows 10 on a Acer Aspire Laptop and a Acer Iconia W4 tablet.

The laptop works great for me without any issues so far. I am not trying to do anything new on this computer that I did not do last week prior to installing Windows10. So call me biased but I haven't had any issues so far aside from the initial hiccup about microphone and sound which was pretty easy to fix. Another minor quibble was no more Google Music on the laptop as the Google thinks I have a new PC that wants to run Google Music and they will only allow 20 devices total and I can only deregister 4 devices a year. Aside from this two items, everything works as intended. Chrome is quite slow for some reason but Edge works just fine.

Side rant
    Four devices per year, SMH...I know 4 is enough for most people to cycle through in a year but sometimes I go through that many in a week:-) So I have just stopped using Google Music and have switched over to Amazon (I already pay for Prime) and Mix Radio.

Acer Iconia W4-820
    The tablet came with Win10 loaded. I like it a lot. I have cycled through Surface, DVP, Toshiba Encore 2, Yoga 2 and now this tablet. All the previous tablets ran Win8.1 and I was quite familiar with how things worked and am quite okay with how tablet mode works on Win10. My only complaint so far is that MSFT needs to make WordFlow available in tablet mode. That is one thing they need to port over from WP. Otherwise I am happy with the tablet as well.

I will continue updating folks here as things progress. So far so good, at least for me. YMMV.
    Cool.

I like Windows 10, I just don't like tablet mode. It is a bit useless to me. Would have loved an option to have the 8.1 setup, but that's too much code for MSFT to do.

Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    08-11-2015 06:12 PM
    http://www.businessinsider.com/andro...ampaign=buffer

Don't start me on HTC. I knew they were in really bad shape when in fall 2012 they lost their "A" status with part suppliers...which means that your orders for parts get priority over other companies, because you move enough units sales wise. That was confirmed in 2013 when they delayed the M7 launch. When your status drops like that you've got to cut corners for your parts...and while Toshiba sensors are nice, they could never afford Sony sensors nor found a good way to max out the Toshiba ones. If they had gone full duo camera in the M7, M9's camera in the M8 and a better shooter with OIS this year, they could have bought themselves one more year. Now, WTF knows...

A pity though. I think they're now a niche player. For all the hype Moto gets now, I don't think they move a ton of units either and have a huge market share. They've just reinvented and found their niche. HTC needs to do the same. They don't have the scale to fight Samsung, let alone fight Samsung with assbackwards marketing. Hope they figured out because without them and Sony, Android is certainly boring.

People think everyone in Android makes money, but look at LG...excellent hardware and they're not rolling in the cash either...

08-11-2015 06:20 PM
    Cool.

I like Windows 10, I just don't like tablet mode. It is a bit useless to me. Would have loved an option to have the 8.1 setup, but that's too much code for MSFT to do.

I can't believe that Microsoft never bothered bringing WordFlow keyboard to Windows 10. My Windows tablet is in a drawer, since it's a chore to type on it.

MSFTisMIA and sahib lopez like this.
    08-11-2015 08:27 PM
    I can't believe that Microsoft never bothered bringing WordFlow keyboard to Windows 10. My Windows tablet is in a drawer, since it's a chore to type on it.

My Surface Pro brings up the writing mode in tablet mode. How about yours?

worldspy99 and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-11-2015 08:30 PM

I don't really like using a stylus on a 7" tablet. Swiping is nice on smaller tablets. That's why I'm using this Nexus 7. SwiftKey works great.

azcruz likes this.
    08-11-2015 08:45 PM

Can you post a screenshot where you can select it? I would like to try it out on my Iconia W4.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-11-2015 09:50 PM
    Cool.

that's my thought about windows 10 in tablet mode. I wonder if msft plans to fix tablet mode later down the line.
    08-11-2015 10:22 PM
    I finally got my tablet up and running :) but I'm planning to buy a surface 3 this upcoming semester because I need something to work on my C++ programing class
    Last edited by sahib lopez; 08-12-2015 at 11:48 AM.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-11-2015 10:30 PM
    Collapse of HTC - Business Insider

oh wow I almost forgot about HTC. all I hear about it Samsung , Motorola ,and oppo and at times sony. I was about to ask "htc still makes phones?"
    08-11-2015 10:35 PM
    99, this looks interesting. If the UI isn't horrid, i may be tempted. I'm not surprised they went with the 801, I thought they'd go with the 805...everything else looks nice at the price point of $280...

http://www.xda-developers.com/zuk-z1...00mah-battery/

Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-11-2015 11:07 PM
    Can you post a screenshot where you can select it? I would like to try it out on my Iconia W4.
    Hee you go. The Touch Cover is currently attached to my Surface Pro.
    Laura Knotek and worldspy99 like this.
    08-12-2015 03:07 AM
    Morning folks. It's a nice morning in NYC. I'd be better off on a beach right now, but I'm at work.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    worldspy99 and sahib lopez like this.
    08-12-2015 07:39 AM
    Good Morning everyone.
    MSFTisMIA and sahib lopez like this.
    08-12-2015 07:56 AM
    Morning folks. It's a nice morning in NYC. I'd be better off on a beach right now, but I'm at work.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    You would be even better off if
    1. you were drinking alcohol like it's happy hour this early in the AM
    2. you had a different supervisor
    3. you were working at a different place with more pay and a much nicer supervisor
    4. Sony actually came out with a better device that cost you $100 less than the Z3😁
    N_LaRUE, MSFTisMIA and sahib lopez like this.
    08-12-2015 07:59 AM
    Nice and sunny here in Oslo. It's surprising how nice it's been.

Ignorance, there is a cure.
    worldspy99 and sahib lopez like this.
    08-12-2015 08:25 AM
    I can write characters on the Iconia W4 as well just not gesture type or Swype like on WP.
    08-12-2015 10:37 AM
    You would be even better off if
    1. you were drinking alcohol like it's happy hour this early in the AM
    2. you had a different supervisor
    3. you were working at a different place with more pay and a much nicer supervisor
    4. Sony actually came out with a better device that cost you $100 less than the Z3😁
    I like this list. Most of this stuff won't happen, but I like this list nonetheless...

Posted via Xperia Z3
    08-12-2015 11:02 AM
143,641 ... 44824483448444854486 ...