Everyone is having a different experience. Mine wasn't bad and I am enjoying Win10 on my laptop.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    08-19-2015 12:09 AM
    Everyone is having a different experience. Mine wasn't bad and I am enjoying Win10 on my laptop.
    I'm sure some people are having no issues but it appears to be a hit and miss scenario.

Ignorance, there is a cure.
    azcruz likes this.
    08-19-2015 12:12 AM
    So here's a picture from our DSLR. Yes I edited it.

What I find most interesting is that it captured the scene a lot better than with my wife's phone 820 or my Z3.

08-19-2015 12:13 AM
    Well I thought I escaped getting sick but as luck would have it I don't have much luck lately.

It's not a bad cold just annoying.

It never seems to be your day when you have work :p

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830
    08-19-2015 12:20 AM
    My direct supervisor upgraded to W10 on his laptop. He's not very good with IT and the screen had gone black on him during start up with a cursor only showing.

I tried to search online to see what it might be but the only thing that came up was the video driver being an issue. Not sure if that's the case here.

If this is the type of experiences that people are having with W10 I think I'll wait a while longer. I feel real sorry for those who are not tech savvy and having to take their 'broken' laptop to get repaired.

This isn't going well for MS.

Did you ever fix the problem on his laptop :o? As for the win installations for me in my family were basically some worked while some didn't. The ones that didn't work were a PITA to get it working and the ones that just worked went smoothly . I still dislike windows 10 but it's starting to get bug fixes so maybe I'll like it in 2 years. Lol !

08-19-2015 12:25 AM
    So here's a picture from our DSLR. Yes I edited it.

What I find most interesting is that it captured the scene a lot better than with my wife's phone 820 or my Z3.

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08...d78ab3b238.jpg

I thought your Z3 captured the scene very well :p

08-19-2015 12:27 AM
    I'm sure some people are having no issues but it appears to be a hit and miss scenario.

Freshly baked... build 10525.

Sent from my H60-L04 using Tapatalk
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-19-2015 12:42 AM
    Did you ever fix the problem on his laptop :o? As for the win installations for me in my family were basically some worked while some didn't. The ones that didn't work were a PITA to get it working and the ones that just worked went smoothly . I still dislike windows 10 but it's starting to get bug fixes so maybe I'll like it in 2 years. Lol !

I just found out yesterday about it. He upgraded over the weekend. I was on holiday as you'll recall.

He said was working fine then it just did this. If it didn't fix itself then he's bringing it in.

It's things like this that make people leave Windows and go to Apple.

sahib lopez likes this.
    08-19-2015 12:54 AM
    I thought your Z3 captured the scene very well

You're not scrutinising it properly.

sahib lopez likes this.
    08-19-2015 12:55 AM
    Freshly baked... build 10525.
    https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08...872e31a819.jpg

That's on mobile?

08-19-2015 12:57 AM
    That's on mobile?

Surface Pro...

08-19-2015 01:17 AM
    Surface Pro...

That really sucks and scares the hell out of me. I'm not touching W10 for a bit. I have a SP3 and three laptops. I can wait.
    azcruz likes this.
    08-19-2015 02:18 AM
    There's three things in my mind that can help MS.

1) Have their flagship phones on all carriers and available unlocked - no exclusives
    2) Get the damn OEM apps from developers. 3rd party are nice but that should be the option, not the solution
    3) Price aggressively

Fail at any of those and W10 mobile will be in the same place it is this time next year.

Though having good hardware is important the bottom line their software needs to be dead on. That includes having the apps. Fancy gimicks like Continuum won't sell phones to the average Joe and Jane. They need even parity.
    If they do all the above, what the percentage of you getting a W10M phone?
    08-19-2015 02:30 AM
    I'm out of W10M for the moment and unless there's something to draw me towards W10M I'm likely to stay out for the immediate future. I'm with my current phone for at least the next year unless I break it or dies.

At this point in time, there's nothing overly compelling about W10M that will make me switch to it. Maybe I'll be surprised when they finally release a decent phone but there's many things missing for me on WP currently that make me uninterested.

Also as MIA pointed out, the likelihood of that even happening are minimal. W10M will be exclusive to some carrier, will still not have the apps and will most likely be overpriced. So I don't see much changing.
    azcruz and MSFTisMIA like this.
    08-19-2015 02:46 AM
    I want to bring my 636 back to 8.1 and contemplating on buying a defective 1020 (cellular radio busted) for $112.

N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-19-2015 03:35 AM
    I'm out too. It's not that I don't like Windows 10, I just feel that if the rumors are true the coming hardware will be overpriced and not as compelling. I still have the love - hate relationship with the platform. I boot up the 930 and love my lives tiles...as soon as I swipe to see my app list I'm reminded how different the OS looks and operates. I love a lot of the old aesthetics (WP 8) better and think that while the direction the OS has taken makes sense, some of the soul/uniqueness was stripped away. That uniqueness attracted me to the platform in the first place.

I left Android for WP because I was charging my phone daily. I left WP for Android because I'm charging my phone daily and for the few apps I use have better Android support. Android and iOS aren't better - they just have more users. Maybe if 99 gets a high end WP when they get cheaper I can bug him for a test drive. Otherwise, the 930 is my last WP for the foreseeable feature.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-19-2015 05:54 AM
    The biggest disappointment for me is that during this intermezzo period between Nokia's 930 + HTC's M8 that the best hardware launched was the Lumia 640. The second biggest disappointment was the fact that MSFT initially killed off the upgrade to the 830.

Now, Nokia has mishandled the 8xx line since the 800. However, the people's flagship was the way to go. I'd love to see something in the S620 processor + 2GB RAM + 13MP pureview + SD slot + USB Type C + 4.6" 1080P screen...for $275-$300. Then market the hell out of it.

N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    08-19-2015 06:04 AM
    The biggest disappointment for me is that during this intermezzo period between Nokia's 930 + HTC's M8 that the best hardware launched was the Lumia 640. The second biggest disappointment was the fact that MSFT initially killed off the upgrade to the 830.

Now, Nokia has mishandled the 8xx line since the 800. However, the people's flagship was the way to go. I'd love to see something in the S620 processor + 2GB RAM + 13MP pureview + SD slot + USB Type C + 4.6" 1080P screen...for $275-$300. Then market the hell out of it.

Or honestly, for $300:

4.6" 1080P screen, same camera as the 930, 16GB + SD slot + 808 (or even the 805) processor + USB Type C + 2600mah battery + 2GB RAM.

Sport Driver and sahib lopez like this.
    08-19-2015 06:17 AM
    To me the Honor 6 running Windows 10. Will buy in a heartbeat.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-19-2015 06:30 AM
    Or honestly, for $300:

4.6" 1080P screen, same camera as the 930, 16GB + SD slot + 808 (or even the 805) processor + USB Type C + 2600mah battery + 2GB RAM.

Well any of those 2 configurations and official Snapchat app and I'm back on L800 line :)

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
    MSFTisMIA and sahib lopez like this.
    08-19-2015 06:47 AM
    To me the Honor 6 running Windows 10. Will buy in a heartbeat.
    Huawei has some nice hardware. The big boys will be officially out on notice with their Nexus device.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    08-19-2015 06:50 AM
    Huawei has some nice hardware. The big boys will be officially out on notice with their Nexus device.

Posted via Xperia Z3

The Honor 6 isn't as beautiful compared to the other members, but the specifications are pretty good and performance is even better. Windows 10 phone with those specs at that price, and I'm happy.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-19-2015 06:54 AM
    The Honor 6 isn't as beautiful compared to the other members, but the specifications are pretty good and performance is even better. Windows 10 phone with those specs at that price, and I'm happy.
    If I were to have bought a Huawei to try out, it'd be the Honor 6. I really liked what I saw.

I'm more of a function over form guy anyways...

Posted via Xperia Z3
    azcruz likes this.
    08-19-2015 07:06 AM
    I'm really liking the current speculated specs of the 950/950XL. I think depending on the finalised official specs I will be getting one of those bad boys. Love the idea of the infrared camera for windows hello. Hope that turns out to be a true feature for the phone :)
    08-19-2015 07:26 AM
    Got my tempered glass screen protector for my Z3. Now I need a new case.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-19-2015 09:20 AM
144,809 ... 44934494449544964497 ...