Because it's been over 7 years since the last one and time is ripe. They seem to happen about that rate every time.
    I hope not. With these knuckleheads in charge - both the donkeys and elephants - I don't think there's much hope right now.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    09-09-2015 11:13 AM
    So here's a slight synopsis of how app dominant and big screen obsessed people have become thanks to OEMs, and why throwing out a segment of users is dangerous.

The regulars here remember that that last year, I bought an unlocked international 8X for a dear friend of mine. She's got small hands, and I picked the 8X because while it was an older model in 2014, it's a good starter smartphone.

Fast forward to a year later, and HTC drops support and she's fighting through the random shut off issue. I suggested to her she can now move to Android since she doesn't have iOS money. She goes to me: "the windows app store isn't all that...I just cannot find certain apps".

She listed her wish list and I sent her the Moto G to look at. I told her it was a little bit more expensive than the 8X at the time I bought it, and she balked at buying it. Truth be told, if means weren't an issue, she's a great candidate for a Z3 Compact (or get her a G Flex 2 with a Sony smartband talk, but she wouldn't bite for that). I would suggest the Desire 626, but it is a little bit underpowered. I would go Chinese, but I cannot see she wielding anything over 5"...she thought the 8X was huge.

It is hard for people to who want smaller phones and very good features at an affordable price. Some of us forget that not everyone has money for the upper midrange or these flagships.

These are the people Microsoft should be targeting. But with the skepticism of the strength of the app store and the delay in their lineup's refresh, I doubt their success to land or keep users like my friend...

Posted via Xperia Z3
    My guess is that the next few years are going to be very lean for OEMs. My new coworker talked about a key sentiment - it is hard to leave Apple for some folks because of the investment in software (buying paid apps especially). I'm glad I'm platform agnostic (and I found all the old seedy iOS apps that were pulled from the Apple store back in the days I have stashed on my HDD), but still...

This is why the big boys should be worried. Most OEMs haven't solved the software issue yet. If the emerging Asian tigers do, then we can really get quality mass hardware for the under $400 consistently that in the old days cost $700.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    09-09-2015 11:35 AM
    Following the Apple event on The Verge right now...what a load of croc the iPad Pro is....and people are complaining that the Surface 3 Pro with the keyboard was expensive....sheesh!
    sahib lopez, MSFTisMIA and azcruz like this.
    09-09-2015 01:54 PM
    Following the Apple event on The Verge right now...what a load of croc the iPad Pro is....and people are complaining that the Surface 3 Pro with the keyboard was expensive....sheesh!
    Smh so anything apple comes out with is worth the price . The iPad *toy* has made the surface pro 3 a whole lot cheaper
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    09-09-2015 03:28 PM
    I still am amazed of how many people are defending the32gb iPad pro at 800$ that's highway Robbery. There is nothing pro about a bigger iPad
    Sent from my rare debien green Nokia Lumia 830
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    09-09-2015 03:31 PM
    Do you know what the meaning is though?

Ignorance, there is a cure.
    No I do not. I think it's about oil
    09-09-2015 03:34 PM
    This photo of our flooding yesterday came from The Wall Street Journal.
    https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09...16fb4d8f46.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is crazy o.o.
    09-09-2015 03:35 PM
    They're not trying to sell it to you, so you have nothing to worry about...

Either way, looks like they want to take in the Surface 3 Pro...watch the iSheep come out and take about how Apple invented stylus support next...

Posted via Xperia Z3
    sahib lopez and N_LaRUE like this.
    09-09-2015 04:22 PM
    I'm glad I'm not getting any coverage about Apple at work...I'll read about it when I get home with my sheep shears in hand...

Posted via Xperia Z3
    sahib lopez and N_LaRUE like this.
    09-09-2015 04:25 PM
    Live photos existed on Lumia Camera and even Lauren Goode of Re/Code pointed that out during the fruit stand event....of course Apple invented live photos, right!
    MSFTisMIA, sahib lopez and N_LaRUE like this.
    09-09-2015 04:48 PM
    Live photos existed on Lumia Camera and even Lauren Goode of Re/Code pointed that out during the fruit stand event....of course Apple invented live photos, right!
    It took how many years for them to copy I mean invent ;)?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830
    Last edited by sahib lopez; 09-10-2015 at 02:05 AM.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    09-09-2015 07:16 PM
    It took how may years for them to copy I mean invent ;)?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830
    They want the industry to see a failure, then release the same and succeed.

worldspy99 and sahib lopez like this.
    09-09-2015 07:48 PM
    They want the industry to see a failure, then release the same and succeed.

I'll post something TL;DR tomorrow morning about this. I will say one thing though that the iPad Pro announcement confirmed the fact that the Surface Pro is a legitimate business device.
    Imitation is the best form of flattery.
    sahib lopez and MSFTisMIA like this.
    09-09-2015 08:18 PM
    "You can merge a toaster and a refrigerator, but thats probably not going to be pleasing to anyone. - Tim Cook

That was his reply in 2012 when he was asked if Apple will make a hybrid.

sahib lopez and worldspy99 like this.
    09-09-2015 08:19 PM
    "You can merge a toaster and a refrigerator, but thats probably not going to be pleasing to anyone. - Tim Cook

That was his reply in 2012 when he was asked if Apple will make a hybrid.

I need to dig up the slide about"Who needs a stylus?" from the iPad introduction in 2010!
    09-09-2015 08:21 PM
    I need to dig up the slide about"Who needs a stylus?" from the iPad introduction in 2010!
    Yes go!!

09-09-2015 08:21 PM
    iSheep, man...in full force today. SMH.

I'm not hating on Apple, but gosh they have a get ability to put a lipstick on a pig and call it Ms. Piggy and make it lovable. It takes a great skill to do that.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    09-09-2015 08:58 PM
    I'm so happy I fixed my Surface Pro charging issue. Weee!
    worldspy99, MSFTisMIA and N_LaRUE like this.
    09-09-2015 09:47 PM
    No I do not. I think it's about oil
    When looking at art you should derive your own feelings about it and what it says to you and what it makes you feel. That's what art is about.

Take a look at the picture I posted. You have humans sitting on the back of horses, eyes closed, happy face tilted towards the sun. The horses heads are pumpjacks (also known as an oil horse). Then at high tide the water goes to the humans necks and their beaming faces stick just above the water.

We have a heavy reliance on oil products. Chemicals derived from oil is in probably in the majority of products we buy. Like smartphones, PCs, furniture, fridges, etc.

It's not just about oil, at least for me. Climate change, whether you agree with it or not, is real. There's enough going on in the world that supports it. Fossil fuels play a very large part in the problem.

This art depicts our response to it.

sahib lopez likes this.
    09-10-2015 01:15 AM
    iSheep, man...in full force today. SMH.

I'm not hating on Apple, but gosh they have a get ability to put a lipstick on a pig and call it Ms. Piggy and make it lovable. It takes a great skill to do that.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    I guess apple is on top of their game. they have enough of blind follows and media to sway the common consumers to buy into the apple hype. that's what I think. I remember that when msft released the OG surface pro, tech bloggers crucified saying the keyboard should come with the surface. Now that apple is doing the same thing with the iPad toy , its ok. since its apple.
    09-10-2015 02:14 AM
    When looking at art you should derive your own feelings about it and what it says to you and what it makes you feel. That's what art is about.

Take a look at the picture I posted. You have humans sitting on the back of horses, eyes closed, happy face tilted towards the sun. The horses heads are pumpjacks (also known as an oil horse). Then at high tide the water goes to the humans necks and their beaming faces stick just above the water.

We have a heavy reliance on oil products. Chemicals derived from oil is in probably in the majority of products we buy. Like smartphones, PCs, furniture, fridges, etc.

It's not just about oil, at least for me. Climate change, whether you agree with it or not, is real. There's enough going on in the world that supports it. Fossil fuels play a very large part in the problem.

This art depicts our response to it.

to be honest I would of never figured it out. I was thinking of it more of a literal sense a man straddling big oil and looking at the sun thinking he is on top of the world
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    09-10-2015 02:17 AM
    done with my readings... now for my tests tomorrow.... weeeeee /s
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    09-10-2015 02:20 AM
    to be honest I would of never figured it out. I was thinking of it more of a literal sense a man straddling big oil and looking at the sun thinking he is on top of the world
    I guess the difference in seeing the whole sculpture over just a couple of pictures. It was difficult to take good pictures of it as I wasn't going to hang around for the next 3 1/2hrs waiting for the tide to start coming in so the people would go away. :P

Here's an article to give you a better view and idea of things - Giant water horses invade the Thames

Strangely the best article on it is in the Torygraph... hmmm
    sahib lopez likes this.
    09-10-2015 02:53 AM
    I've come to a conclusion. With the advent of technological ecosystems we now have people living in 'tech' bubbles. This has become clearer as I see more and more people seemingly oblivious to the fact that the Surface Pro 3 had all the same technology (and more) that the iPad Pro has. That and not having to charge the pencil...

Just goes to prove that as these divisions continue MS will have a harder time convincing anyone who is in these ecosystems that moving over might be a great idea.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    09-10-2015 04:42 AM
    I've come to a conclusion. With the advent of technological ecosystems we now have people living in 'tech' bubbles. This has become clearer as I see more and more people seemingly oblivious to the fact that the Surface Pro 3 had all the same technology (and more) that the iPad Pro has. That and not having to charge the pencil...

Just goes to prove that as these divisions continue MS will have a harder time convincing anyone who is in these ecosystems that moving over might be a great idea.
    And of course, thus isndone by designs to build a loyal customer base and to maximize products from said loyal customer base. Apple is a master at this.

It is why talking tech with most people is not fun within the mobile space. All the car fans here on the thread will understand that even though there are different brands, that industry is based on innovation, so when another company develops something new or really refines an existing idea, they get the appropriate praise.

When Apple puts their spin on **** and sells it to the iSheep that they've invented something, it is really disrespectful to the original developers of the idea. People borrow from each other all the time in the mobile space, but I just cannot support a company as arrogant as the Fruit Stand.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    09-10-2015 07:05 AM
145,721 ... 45214522452345244525 ...