Some days I can transfer right in rush hour and travel 15 miles in 75 minutes. Today is not one of them. Sigh...

Posted approved via Moto Maxx
    Seems like a long day for you. At least the day is almost done for you
    09-15-2015 06:55 PM
    one more hour of class...wooooo !
    09-15-2015 06:59 PM
    Seems like a long day for you. At least the day is almost done for you
    Classes are finished and I'm headed home. Short turnaround has me back at work in the morning. Life in the NYC for sure...

sahib lopez likes this.
    09-15-2015 07:47 PM
    Day one with the maxx...very good. Battery is at 70%. Standby is crazy good. Looks like I can make it to 2.5 days between charges.

azcruz, sahib lopez and N_LaRUE like this.
    09-15-2015 07:48 PM
    Can't publish an app without a logo, so...
    untitled.png
    09-15-2015 09:23 PM
    So the GF's expert looked at the board today and said that the heatsink is the issue. It isn't the right one. So he'll try and get one as a replacement. I need this thing fixed so she can stop complaining about it...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-15-2015 10:58 PM
    Classes are finished and I'm headed home. Short turnaround has me back at work in the morning. Life in the NYC for sure...

seems very busy hey atleast you can sleep :P I still have homework to do and fix my coding homework ... not so fun ha
    09-15-2015 11:28 PM
    Day one with the maxx...very good. Battery is at 70%. Standby is crazy good. Looks like I can make it to 2.5 days between charges.

dang that is very good. o.o more manufactures should do the same instead of adding a 4k screen ( looking at you sony )
    09-15-2015 11:30 PM
    So the GF's expert looked at the board today and said that the heatsink is the issue. It isn't the right one. So he'll try and get one as a replacement. I need this thing fixed so she can stop complaining about it...

huh o.o that seems strange if it was the stock fansink that came with the CPU I would think its compatible with the board since after all its a kit an all. then again I haven't seen the board :P
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    09-15-2015 11:33 PM
    huh o.o that seems strange if it was the stock fansink that came with the CPU I would think its compatible with the board since after all its a kit an all. then again I haven't seen the board
    Seems odd to me too but it may have a different power rating compared to what the board can handle but it still seems odd since the board is designed for that CPU family...

Ignorance, there is a cure.
    09-16-2015 12:05 AM

I'm not buying that, as a POST will happen and *then* if it overheats it will shutdown.
    09-16-2015 12:42 AM
    I'm not buying that, as a POST will happen and *then* if it overheats it will shutdown.
    The board sould post without a fan. The only thing I can think of is power drain from the fan. Though I still find this odd.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk
    sahib lopez and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-16-2015 01:34 AM
    The board sould post without a fan. The only thing I can think of is power drain from the fan. Though I still find this odd.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk
    But it is not, according to prior findings.
    09-16-2015 01:50 AM
    lovethispost.jpg
    09-16-2015 05:17 AM
    Sorry, I just couldn't resist.
    09-16-2015 05:20 AM
    But it is not, according to prior findings.
    Well, if my memory is correct, I have an extra heatsink in my house because when I put together my kit the fan they included was not helpful. I don't build these often, so I forgot about this possibility.

We'll see if the GF's expert is right. My favorite part is when she says "why didn't I just upgrade my laptop instead?" I told her that I don't build these often so she'd have to pay for it. I'm over the whole thing already as she keeps going on and on about it...

Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-16-2015 06:05 AM
    Morning folks. I need a vacation for me. I seem to be getting more irritated with things than usual.

09-16-2015 06:42 AM
    Morning folks. Gonna be a busy day. Update on the lemon a bit later in the day.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-16-2015 09:06 AM
    Good luck!

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk.
    Thanks. So the struts are replaced in the back and the car seems to ride better, ditto for the power steering rack and the alignment and tire balance. All helped improve the ride. The TSB to fix the squeaking noise by replacing the belt and idler pulleys did NOT work, so I spend about $150 but still the stupid squeaking noise is there....aaarrrgh....anyways my mechanic decided not to charge me any labor for it so that was some consolation there...Now for the remaining stuff this weekend.
    09-16-2015 10:44 AM
    Did they also check your AC belt? If that's the one you fixed, did they check your serpentine...erm timing belt? If they said it's fine, ask them to lubricate it. The dry weather can dry out the belt and create friction.
    The serpentine belt got replaced with the pulleys. I will ask about the timing and AC belt and see if they can lubricate it. I suspect it might be the idler pulley covers...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-16-2015 11:29 AM
    Occasionally The Verge does post something readable...
    Mossberg: It?s time to free the smartphone | The Verge

In this particular case it is because of Walt Mossberg who used to run All Things Digital and was at WSJ up until last year. Really nice article, something MSFTisMIA and I have been advocating along with RumoredNow here on WC.
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    09-16-2015 11:30 AM
    The OP2 drama continues...
    The best part of the article is the punchline...
    In fairness, the OP2 is a $400 phone.
    [Update: It Does] The OnePlus 2 Camera Might Not Have Optical Image Stabilization As Claimed [Video]
    09-16-2015 11:32 AM
    Work is a cluster**** today.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-16-2015 12:26 PM
    Work is a cluster**** today.

I know that feeling too well!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-16-2015 12:30 PM
    The OP2 drama continues...
    The best part of the article is the punchline...
    In fairness, the OP2 is a $400 phone.
    [Update: It Does] The OnePlus 2 Camera Might Not Have Optical Image Stabilization As Claimed [Video]
    looks like the OPO 2 didn't live up to the flagship killer after all
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-16-2015 04:59 PM
143,557 ... 45314532453345344535 ...