WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

A friend of mine has a Lumia icon, and it feels like just the right size to me.
I've been to the shops and tried out a 930 and I agree, I think the size of the phone is just about right. I'd like to see it a little thinner but mostly what puts me off is the colour choice (not a fan of the green or orange) and that it doesn't feel like a huge upgrade over the 920.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what MS put out next - their first flagship that they have made and influenced after the acquisition. I think that's going to be an important step.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Just hope they do release a flagship device. The general tone in the air seems like they are going to leave flagship devices to 3rd parties and concentrate on mid to low end devices.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I got a story for your all and it has to do with a girl a phone( 810) and a bus. She's cute btw :p
sent from my rare green linux 830

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So there is this girl who was waiting for a ride home and I just came back with my food and drink. I was waiting for the bus. I seen her around at school and sometimes on the bus. I never had the courage to talk to her but I did now. I knew she had the 810. So what I did was do what I would do. And say " yes I made it back on time" and she heard me and said "ha the bus never gets here on time for me" knowing she would pull out her phone I asked her " its because of you " and she said " nooooo its because you got here late" then she pulled out her 810 and showed me the time. There I asked her " so what do you think of your 810" she loves it . She likes square brick phones. I showed her my 830 and wants one
Then the bus came and she said " bye enjoy your late bus ride" I said enjoy your waiting outside

Yup that's how it went and no I didn't ask for her number if Mia is going to ask

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm telling you the 810 really is the best underrated device Nokia has ever made

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I haven't made my mind up about anything but there doesn't seem to be any flagship WPs coming any time soon. I have no idea how you manage 2-3 on a L920. Mine drops drastically the minute I do anything with data, camera, blinking at it... :p

L930 is not an upgrade and battery is horrible. I'm not interested in the L1520. L830 is not what I'm after being a mid-range phone it will always lack features. So I'm at a loss what to do with WP. It's OK to say be patient, I have been but I'm a little over it now. This is technology we're talking about, not knitting.

As for sticking around. I'll be on the Eats thread as usual and drop in here (if this thread keeps going) from time to time but I won't be posting anywhere near as much as I have.

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2014/11/moto-maxx-gsm-based-droid-turbo-leaks.html

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I've been to the shops and tried out a 930 and I agree, I think the size of the phone is just about right. I'd like to see it a little thinner but mostly what puts me off is the colour choice (not a fan of the green or orange) and that it doesn't feel like a huge upgrade over the 920.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what MS put out next - their first flagship that they have made and influenced after the acquisition. I think that's going to be an important step.

If Nokia was allowed to drop a 801 processor in there and maybe a 2600 man battery, it'd be a better upgrade even if the screen didn't have glance. Otherwise your gripes are on point.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

If Nokia was allowed to drop a 801 processor in there and maybe a 2600 man battery, it'd be a better upgrade even if the screen didn't have glance. Otherwise your gripes are on point.

Maybe in the spring of 2015 will bring something like that

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Maybe in the spring of 2015 will bring something like that

Why buy that now of it is out? That's not an upgrade anyways.

Throw us a phone in the spring that's a quad core 810 processor with 3GB RAM, 64GB storage, wireless charging and am improved 20MP OIS camera with 4K recording and a 3200MAH battery. Then I'm in.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

So, you expect it to be a little better? A better camera is the need else the phone is quite good. Might come as MS Lumia 1330 :)

See I don't know why people complain about its camera, I know its not great, but its quite satisfactory for me.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

Well, its been a long time since I purchased 1320. I think this is the right time to write a short review about it. I'll be doing it soon.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Why buy that now of it is out? That's not an upgrade anyways.

Throw us a phone in the spring that's a quad core 810 processor with 3GB RAM, 64GB storage, wireless charging and am improved 20MP OIS camera with 4K recording and a 3200MAH battery. Then I'm in.

o.o..... well ok then .... at this point not sure what anyone would do with a SD 810 :p or 3gb of ram or 4k capture but I agree with the 64gb storage,
i mean at this point i don't think specs really matter after you have a SD 800. i don't understand why a phone would need 3gb of ram i mean a full blown computers only need 2gb to run good( add more depending on what you use it for). what i would want is better OS memory management. the more optimized the OS the better it will be on high end phones and not become like android.
with 4k recording i don't see necessary. i rather have better 1080p capture then compressed 4k capture. also 4k TV's and monitors are still expensive for people to buy most have 1080p TV and monitors anyways and i don't think a lot of people are going to buy 4k TV's to take advantage of 4k video. besides how future proof are these specs? since we all know how fast phones become "old'
that's just what I think . I think a SD 805 , SD card slot and a bigger battery would be better.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So there is this girl who was waiting for a ride home and I just came back with my food and drink. I was waiting for the bus. I seen her around at school and sometimes on the bus. I never had the courage to talk to her but I did now. I knew she had the 810. So what I did was do what I would do. And say " yes I made it back on time" and she heard me and said "ha the bus never gets here on time for me" knowing she would pull out her phone I asked her " its because of you " and she said " nooooo its because you got here late" then she pulled out her 810 and showed me the time. There I asked her " so what do you think of your 810" she loves it . She likes square brick phones. I showed her my 830 and wants one
Then the bus came and she said " bye enjoy your late bus ride" I said enjoy your waiting outside

Yup that's how it went and no I didn't ask for her number if Mia is going to ask
Small steps. :p

Nothing wrong with that.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

o.o..... well ok then .... at this point not sure what anyone would do with a SD 810 :p or 3gb of ram or 4k capture but I agree with the 64gb storage,
i mean at this point i don't think specs really matter after you have a SD 800. i don't understand why a phone would need 3gb of ram i mean a full blown computers only need 2gb to run good( add more depending on what you use it for). what i would want is better OS memory management. the more optimized the OS the better it will be on high end phones and not become like android.
with 4k recording i don't see necessary. i rather have better 1080p capture then compressed 4k capture. also 4k TV's and monitors are still expensive for people to buy most have 1080p TV and monitors anyways and i don't think a lot of people are going to buy 4k TV's to take advantage of 4k video. besides how future proof are these specs? since we all know how fast phones become "old'
that's just what I think . I think a SD 805 , SD card slot and a bigger battery would be better.
RAM is for running apps, that's what it's for. If your OS requires 2GB of RAM to run you need extra to run any programmes. Not saying WP needs 2GB to run but having head room is always a good thing regardless.

The specs that MIA wrote are for a flagship phone, not a mid range phone. It's not about what you think is right but what the market wants. Depending on who MS is competing against, which I honestly don't know anymore, those specs are right on the money.

It drives me a little mad when people say that WP doesn't need those specs to run, but I never see WP being cheaper than high end Androids with higher specs. What are we paying for with WP? The camera tech?

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

The 830 is finally here, but I no longer have the hunger for it. I need inspiration. Ha ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

RAM is for running apps, that's what it's for. If your OS requires 2GB of RAM to run you need extra to run any programmes. Not saying WP needs 2GB to run but having head room is always a good thing regardless.

The specs that MIA wrote are for a flagship phone, not a mid range phone. It's not about what you think is right but what the market wants. Depending on who MS is competing against, which I honestly don't know anymore, those specs are right on the money.

It drives me a little mad when people say that WP doesn't need those specs to run, but I never see WP being cheaper than high end Androids with higher specs. What are we paying for with WP? The camera tech?
more ram is good don't get more wrong, but I don't think wp lets no more than 6 programs in the background when they are suspended. that's why I think a more optimized os is needed to take advantage of the more ram

the only thing I can think of is some smartphones don't have high end specs and considered high end models. I honestly don't think consumers know about specs its only what they are pushed to buy. I think it comes to down "us" who know about phones that give opinions "to our not so knowledgeable peers" to what to buy. if it wasn't for the spec hungry crowd we wouldn't have the cell tech we have. that's why I don't think its what the market want but what we want.

well low end wp run better than low end android but that's just about it . high end androids run as smooth as high end wp

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12