10-02-2015 03:33 PM
    I have a question. Considering the whole VW issue do you all think they will come out of this? I have a feeling VW wouldn't be allowed to sell their cars in the us anymore :/

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830
    10-02-2015 06:54 PM
    Wow that's a big price drop considering where it used to be :p

Last edited by sahib lopez; 10-02-2015 at 10:37 PM.
    10-02-2015 06:54 PM
    I have a question. Considering the whole VW issue do you all think they will come out of this? I have a feeling VW wouldn't be allowed to sell their cars in the us anymore :/

They'll pay a fine, and if that doesn't bankrupt them, they'll be selling cars like normal in no time.

I just can't imagine this happening in the first place. You know you will be caught eventually, and you know the fines are steep... Why would you make the conscious decision to actively look and spend money researching ways to detect being tested to cut emissions temporarily?
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    10-02-2015 07:19 PM

Oh they will come out a bit battered and bruised but they will be okay. After all they are they world's largest carmaker now. It will cost them a pretty penny though...
    10-02-2015 07:25 PM
    Wow that's a big price drop cinder infer where it used to be :p

It really sucks for the Marketplace sellers now..
    10-02-2015 07:25 PM
    This was a pretty funny video. Delta actually has a pretty decent track record of putting out humorous safety videos. Their one time performance is also quite well. Now only if their frequent flier program was any good I would fly them more often. For the record the first two years when I landed in the USA, I flew Delta exclusively. I have about 80K frequent flier miles with them and never once have been able to redeem them for a flight...just sayin'
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=279&v=kfFHn6DxvEg
    10-02-2015 08:14 PM

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk
    worldspy99 and sahib lopez like this.
    10-02-2015 08:29 PM
    They'll pay a fine, and if that doesn't bankrupt them, they'll be selling cars like normal in no time.

I just can't imagine this happening in the first place. You know you will be caught eventually, and you know the fines are steep... Why would you make the conscious decision to actively look and spend money researching ways to detect being tested to cut emissions temporarily?
    I bet more than anything they will be under heavy scrutiny from here and out . Also I'm thinking how much it'll cost them just to settle all the legal fees and lawsuits. Not to mention the recalls in America. I don't really get why they did it either .

10-02-2015 10:42 PM
    It really sucks for the Marketplace sellers now..
    That's true, good for consumers though.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-02-2015 10:43 PM
    Oh they will come out a bit battered and bruised but they will be okay. After all they are they world's largest carmaker now. It will cost them a pretty penny though...
    Makes me wonder if other cars manufactures besides VW models have used this practice to cheat on the emissions test? O.o

Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-02-2015 10:46 PM

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk
    I thought that was cute :p

Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-03-2015 12:45 AM
    This was a pretty funny video. Delta actually has a pretty decent track record of putting out humorous safety videos. Their one time performance is also quite well. Now only if their frequent flier program was any good I would fly them more often. For the record the first two years when I landed in the USA, I flew Delta exclusively. I have about 80K frequent flier miles with them and never once have been able to redeem them for a flight...just sayin'
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=279&v=kfFHn6DxvEg
    The ending though :p ha that was funny

Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-03-2015 12:50 AM
    Makes me wonder if other cars manufactures besides VW models have used this practice to cheat on the emissions test? O.o

I would assume so.
    Will they be fine at the end of all this? Probably. The thing is, that this was good for consumers. You got a car that uses less fuel and it has better performance because of that.

Poslano z mojega SM-T520 z uporabo Tapatalk
    10-03-2015 01:57 AM
    Question? Why is there an nfl rally there. O.o?

The NFL had been playing the occasional game here for a few years now. They make a big thing out of it and bring the over hype machine with it. There's many expats here and there a few backyard teams around.

When you have a country that will watch cricket or darts they'll watch anything.... Rugby is not that far off American football. Except for the wimps wearing all that armour...

My guess though is that they're assessing the market for either getting a team here (or more).

You could easily have a England, Wales and Scotland team.

Europe is probably more or as much sports obsessed as the US. With a very mobile world and people always wanting to copy the US (no idea why) it's not all that surprising.

Ignorance, there is a cure.
    sahib lopez and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-03-2015 06:42 AM
    Too little, too late.
    I already took my business elsewhere.
    United's new CEO tries to show the airline cares

http://flip.it/XVqF3
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-03-2015 10:47 AM
    Funny for the day...

Posted approved via Moto Maxx
    Attached Thumbnails 13083.jpg  
    sahib lopez and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-03-2015 11:25 AM
    The NFL had been playing the occasional game here for a few years now. They make a big thing out of it and bring the over hype machine with it. There's many expats here and there a few backyard teams around.

When you have a country that will watch cricket or darts they'll watch anything.... Rugby is not that far off American football. Except for the wimps wearing all that armour...

My guess though is that they're assessing the market for either getting a team here (or more).

Europe is probably more or as much sports obsessed as the US. With a very mobile world and people always wanting to copy the US (no idea why) it's not all that surprising.

They would like a team there. The Jaguars may be the most likely because:

1) Their owner - Mr. Kahn - has ownership in one of the EPL teams.

2) They've played the most games in London since the NFL has had games over there (most likely due to #1)

3) They're one of the teams potentially on the move to change cities in the US. They're really a smaller franchise, so killing their current fanbase and replacing it with another one wouldn't be as egregious as doing it to one of the premier teams in New England, New York, Dallas, San Francisco or Pittsburgh.

4) They're also one of my favorite teams (this is no way related to the first 3 points).

Logistically speaking, it's a nightmare to have 8 regular season games in London, becuase it makes travel a headache for not only the home team, but the road team as well. But the NFL likes to make money, so I'm sure they'll try it.

10-03-2015 11:32 AM
    Afternoon folks. Was busy with life yesterday - including sliding down a few steps stairs in rush hour (just bruising, nothing broken) to post...

10-03-2015 12:03 PM

That is very interesting and here I thought no other country plays football besides the us.

10-03-2015 12:06 PM
    Afternoon folks. Was busy with life yesterday - including sliding down a few steps stairs in rush hour (just bruising, nothing broken) to post...

That's dedication to posting right there

10-03-2015 12:09 PM
    So the big topic of conniption in Android land yesterday was Moto's decision to drop marshmallow support for the US carrier version of their Moto X 2014 edition. People who have the VZW and AT&T models are irate...especially since VZW's Droid Turbo is getting marshmallow.

People are burning Moto at the stake for lying. Some want to burn VZW and AT&T (I'm all for that). But here's my message to those folks:

Cry me a river.

Sahib especially and 99 knows this too - carrier branded phones have been drop kicked due to ****ty sales from the dawn of time. Look at the Lumia Icon and especially the T-Mobile Lumia 810 and HTC 8X as evidence of that.

Don't buy your phone from the carrier, unless you're buying a popular model. Everybody knows this. This is why I know MSFT is gonna **** up their pricing, because instead of cutting their portfolio down and selling the 950 and 950XL slightly cheaper just to move units to really get excitement, they're going to overprice it and not have enough carrier bands on the phones to sell them unlocked and screw themselves in the foot.

sahib lopez likes this.
    10-03-2015 12:12 PM
    That's dedication to posting right there

Nope, that's more like things are calm enough at work right now where I have the time to post...

sahib lopez likes this.
    10-03-2015 12:14 PM
    That is very interesting and here I thought no other country plays football besides the us.

Due to the US having the popularity it does and the amount of Americans and Canadians living overseas US style football has become popular in many places other than the US. Including even some local teams.

Same goes for ice hockey, basketball and baseball.

This has been helped with having them in the movies and media outlets showing these sports overseas.

The world is a lot smaller than you think.

You'd be surprised by the amount of attention NFL gets elsewhere in the world.

MSFTisMIA and sahib lopez like this.
    10-03-2015 12:15 PM
    Due to the US having the popularity it does and the amount of Americans and Canadians living overseas US style football has become popular in many places other than the US. Including even some local teams.

Same goes for ice hockey, basketball and baseball.

This has been helped with having them in the movies and media outlets showing these sports overseas.

The world is a lot smaller than you think.

You'd be surprised by the amount of attention NFL gets elsewhere in the world.

The NFL would like to play games in China too, and often find kickers and punters who play rugby for special teams. The MLB has found pitching prospects in India too. World is smaller these days, Sahib...

sahib lopez likes this.
    10-03-2015 12:18 PM
145,329 ... 45564557455845594560 ...