WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
We decided to go see a film. Unfortunately it's not playing in our town so we're in a nearby town to go see it. I hate driving in this town. It's simply dreadful. I could never live here for that reason.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So was I...that's why I cooked it. It is a really easy technique. It's not a whole fish, so it makes things quicker.

All you do is season the cut of fish to your liking, let it rest in the fridge for 30 mins. Then you get some kind of sauce...tomato ones for pasta, pesto (I've used apricot jelly and it came out well too). You put the sauce on the fish to cover, put a little olive oil. Then you lightly grease a sheet of foil paper with olive oil, lay the fish on and broil it in either a toaster oven or the broiler in a regular oven until the fish is cooked through.

To give the fish kick, I rinse with lemon juice and then season it with black pepper, lemon herb, and seasoning salt as dry seasoning and freshly grated garlic in top as my wet seasoning.

It is a simple thing to do. You can use on any cut piece of fish.

We cook fish in the foil like parcels.

Doing an Asian style dish were put green onions on the bottom, place the fish on top then season with lemon, chilli and soy sauce. The fish creates a nice sauce on its own. :) Serve with rice or noodles.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

We decided to go see a film. Unfortunately it's not playing in our town so we're in a nearby town to go see it. I hate driving in this town. It's simply dreadful. I could never live here for that reason.

Dreadful in what?

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

So it rained here in afternoon. This years weather has been the most unpredictable.
Sent from my dark knight 1320

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

We cook fish in the foil like parcels.

Doing an Asian style dish were put green onions on the bottom, place the fish on top then season with lemon, chilli and soy sauce. The fish creates a nice sauce on its own. :) Serve with rice or noodles.

Nice. In my suggestion you don't wrap the fish in the foil. That way you get very slightly charred ends of the fish, the sauce on top sticks well and underneath the fish is very moist still.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Dude, I listed the seasonings I used...but mention them again:
- fresh garlic
- ground black pepper
- seasoning salt
- dried lemon herb season

You can add lemon season and dried fish season. I don't use Adobo anymore because I have Jamaican seasonings in my house which I like a lot better. Remember, you're seasoning the fish to your taste so you can use what you want on it.

oh I got the ingredients part :p I was just asking to make sure. though abobo is new to me :O I didn't think it would taste good with fish.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

oh I got the ingredients part :p I was just asking to make sure. though abobo is new to me :O I didn't think it would taste good with fish.

You're not missing anything by not using Adobo. Some of the Hispanic folks I know (DR, Puerto Ricans) use it. My friend from home gave me Jamaican spices and that's all I cook with. This was a technique shared on a food blog I use...it is one of my staples I use now for a quick, easy meal.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Nice. In my suggestion you don't wrap the fish in the foil. That way you get very slightly charred ends of the fish, the sauce on top sticks well and underneath the fish is very moist still.

It's more of steamed fish rather than crisp.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

You're not missing anything by not using Adobo. Some of the Hispanic folks I know (DR, Puerto Ricans) use it. My friend from home gave me Jamaican spices and that's all I cook with. This was a technique shared on a food blog I use...it is one of my staples I use now for a quick, easy meal.
and you are talking to one :p the only time I ever use adobo is with pork and chicken but other than that I haven't use it in other foods.
looks like you have a Mediterranean style of cooking ( I think that's how you say it )

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion