Right now it's 6 degrees Celsius here.
    Wow! That is cold.
    10-10-2013 01:47 AM
    The buses and trams here in town are very reliable and run every 7 minutes during the day. But within the time I walk to the bus stop, wait until the bus arrives, and then walk from the other bus stop to the building, I would have driven there twice by bike. It only takes me around 7 minutes to get there.

Also in the evenings, you can't beat the bike to get to places, as then the rhythm of public transport is reduced to 15 minutes and the connections usually not that great.

Also I don't have a season ticket anymore, so I'd have to buy a ticket for every trip. And public transport is pretty expensive here.
    Laura Knotek and Muessig like this.
    10-10-2013 01:49 AM
    Look at that, it will get colder here during the day:

Wetter: Basel - search.ch
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-10-2013 01:51 AM
    It is absolutely freezing here this morning! Looks like the weather man might be right about snow in October
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-10-2013 01:55 AM
    It is absolutely freezing here this morning! Looks like the weather man might be right about snow in October

Dude the weather man is never right. They just make a guess.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-10-2013 02:01 AM
    How cold is it? It is currently 13 here.
    App shows 7C.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-10-2013 02:04 AM
    I've heard that in Melbourne it costs $80 to park for an hour in some areas!
    $80??? They don't get many customers I bet.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-10-2013 02:06 AM
    Don't know if I'd go that far. It's not freezing. Trust me.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-10-2013 02:08 AM
    The buses and trams here in town are very reliable and run every 7 minutes during the day. But within the time I walk to the bus stop, wait until the bus arrives, and then walk from the other bus stop to the building, I would have driven there twice by bike. It only takes me around 7 minutes to get there.

Also in the evenings, you can't beat the bike to get to places, as then the rhythm of public transport is reduced to 15 minutes and the connections usually not that great.

Also I don't have a season ticket anymore, so I'd have to buy a ticket for every trip. And public transport is pretty expensive here.
    DIdn't I tell everyone, public transport rates vary from country to country, since your country's PT is reliable it is expensive, mines is cheap bum and is unreliable :D
    Have you seen Segway?

Also how do you pronounce your username?
    Like Shrek - Shre-gu?
    OR
    China - Ch-regu?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-10-2013 02:09 AM
    DIdn't I tell everyone, public transport rates vary from country to country, since your country's PT is reliable it is expensive, mines is cheap bum and is unreliable :D
    Have you seen Segway?

Also how do you pronounce your username?
    Like Shrek - Shre-gu?
    OR
    China - Ch-regu?
    Segways aren't really popular in Switzerland. Personally I think they look a little... special.

It's more like the k in king, but with less force and more scratching in your voice. It's hard to describe and really Swiss ;-)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-10-2013 02:18 AM
    I've never seen a Segway here. I think they are more popular in California than in Ohio.
    10-10-2013 02:21 AM
    Yes, yes, yes, at least I have two of my 6 clones now. Sequencing confirmed the correct insert! Now I have to check another one which doesn't look too bad, and make the others work, and then I can really start working.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-10-2013 02:25 AM
    Yes, yes, yes, at least I have two of my 6 clones now. Sequencing confirmed the correct insert! Now I have to check another one which doesn't look too bad, and make the others work, and then I can really start working.
    Cool!
    Laura Knotek and Chregu like this.
    10-10-2013 02:29 AM
    Sounds like fun. I think...
    Laura Knotek and Chregu like this.
    10-10-2013 02:30 AM
    Cool!
    I imagine your username as 'empty15' :s, sorry I know my brain runs on a prototype OS.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-10-2013 02:30 AM
    Segways aren't really popular in Switzerland. Personally I think they look a little... special.

It's more like the k in king, but with less force and more scratching in your voice. It's hard to describe and really Swiss ;-)
    I could use that force somewhere else where I really need it :)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-10-2013 02:31 AM
    App shows 7C.
    Same for me!!!

It cold means one thing SANTA COMING!!!
    10-10-2013 02:40 AM
    App shows 7C.
    Apple shows the 7C? Was the 5C such a success?

...sorry, I really read Apple shows 7C :(
    10-10-2013 02:44 AM
    Same for me!!!

It cold means one thing SANTA COMING!!!
    Sure, and right after that you'll have the Easter Bunny and the occasional visit from the tooth fairy considering all the cake you eat. :P
    10-10-2013 02:44 AM
    Apple shows the 7C? Was the 5C such a success?

...sorry, I really read Apple shows 7C :(
    :P Well I won't be surprised that the iSheep will buy the 5C cause it has new flashy colours. However I couldn't be bothered looking up the degrees symbol or typing the words.
    10-10-2013 02:46 AM
    :P Well I won't be surprised that the iSheep will buy the 5C cause it has new flashy colours. However I couldn't be bothered looking up the degrees symbol or typing the words.
    This one is on the Swiss keyboard to the top left. Just underneath the Esc key. It's great ;-)

Your easy way out would have been giving the temperature in Kelvin. Just add 273.15 K to the C and you're good to go!
    10-10-2013 02:49 AM
    OK I found a new function of my phone I didn't know about. I have a bluetooth headset on that has phone controls and a mic. I received a text from my wife and the phone asked if I wanted to read it or ignore it, expecting a voice reply. Unfortunately it either didn't understand me, my mic doesn't work that well or I didn't speak loud enough (I'm in an office around a lot of people) and kept asking the stupid question.
    10-10-2013 02:51 AM
    This one is on the Swiss keyboard to the top left. Just underneath the Esc key. It's great ;-)

Your easy way out would have been giving the temperature in Kelvin. Just add 273.15 K to the C and you're good to go!
    Let me just get that temperature converter out.... :P As for keyboards, the UK is different than the Australian which is the same as the US/Canada. The Finnish one is quite different.

I'll have to sort out what keystrokes create the degrees symbol in the future... don't want to confuse people. :P
    10-10-2013 02:53 AM
    It's cold
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-10-2013 02:57 AM
    OK I found out how to do the degree symbol... Hopefully that makes those who don't understand 7C I'll now be able to add that precious to it. :P
    Chregu and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-10-2013 03:00 AM
142,819 ... 459460461462463 ...