WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I have to say my Z3 is amazing. I'm so impressed. :)

I ran the GPS for 30 minutes and it only took out 4% of the battery. :p That's using GMaps so data was in use. My L920 would have been dead.

I've determined the camera works best on Manual. Still sorting out things. Hopefully they update the software in Android 5.0.

They will update ....eventually :p then again you are used to the waiting ;)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So I bought an Xbox one ..yay but the only problem is that my cable box uses coaxial as their means to provide content but it doesn't have an hdmi out . That's a problem because in order to use the tv capabilities I have to use hdmi .
I was thinking of looking for a tv turn device that has a hdmi out.
I'm thinking the set up to be is connect the tv tuner to the dish receiver then connect the hdmi from the tuner to the Xbox one hdmi in then connect the hdmi out to the tv .
Would that work ?

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

So I bought an Xbox one ..yay but the only problem is that my cable box uses coaxial as their means to provide content but it doesn't have an hdmi out . That's a problem because in order to use the tv capabilities I have to use hdmi .
I was thinking of looking for a tv turn device that has a hdmi out.
I'm thinking the set up to be is connect the tv tuner to the dish receiver then connect the hdmi from the tuner to the Xbox one hdmi in then connect the hdmi out to the tv .
Would that work ?

You might be able to exchange your cable box for one that has HDMI out and it might not cost any extra per month. Could be worth looking into.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Oh, and if you get it to work through HDMI, be sure to "calibrate" the audio, adjusting your TV to its highest volume that the One will allow you to calibrate at. That way the Kinect has a better chance of hearing your voice commands.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

They will update ....eventually :p then again you are used to the waiting ;)

Wait time for Lollipop from Sony is short...he has a Z3, one of their first devices to get it...so it'll be much shorter than he saw on WP.

Posted Approved 1+1 Style!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yeah I've to read that part yet! Wow 😲 you guys are moving on....and what about the 1030?

They didn't launch that yet. Some people's phones couldn't hold out until then...some people's itchy trigger fingers couldn't hold out until then...some people's patience with MSFT couldn't hold out until then...

Yeah, that's what happened...

Posted Approved 1+1 Style!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

You might be able to exchange your cable box for one that has HDMI out and it might not cost any extra per month. Could be worth looking into.

I was thinking about calling dish tomorrow to see what their options are because I don't want to do the whole buying a converter box thing . I'll give it a shot

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Oh, and if you get it to work through HDMI, be sure to "calibrate" the audio, adjusting your TV to its highest volume that the One will allow you to calibrate at. That way the Kinect has a better chance of hearing your voice commands.

I'll do that and I'll come back to this . I don't have the Xbox one yet ... I'll have it in my hands on Thursday :p

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

this joke took me a while to understand :p
qA31fcT.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077