Oh man, i whish i had never went to David Draiman's twitter and read all those Israel/Palestine related tweets.

Man's got too much hatred in himself.
    12-16-2015 06:39 AM
    That sounds like a lot of work...

In the next seven weeks are schedule is:

- Removal of all carpets (most are done just have one more)
    - Remove old kitchen (half done)
    - Plaster main bedroom
    - Paint main bedroom
    - Remove old bathroom fittings
    - Remodel bathroom (building half wall, wall plastering, painting, tiling and new fittings)
    - Second bedroom - filling cracks, new window and painting
    - Install new carpet upstairs in bedrooms and hallway
    - Move gas meter, electrical meter and breaker box (they call it a consumer unit here). Unfortunately we can't move these outside so a cover will be constructed to look like a window seat
    - Remove chair rails, wallpaper
    - Fill cracks and paint (some plastering will need to be done as well)
    - Fill opening in wall between old kitchen and new kitchen
    - Install new bathroom downstairs and utility area
    - Install new kitchen
    - Install new flooring

After all that...
    - Tidy up garden (half done)
    - Paint exterior of garage
    - Paint interior of garage

That's just a general guide of things. There's more to it than what I posted but you get the idea.

It probably won't all be done in the time scale we want due to the utility companies and the holidays but we're hoping to get the main aspects done so we can move in.

Nothing like a renovation project to keep you up at night.
    Nice remodeling project! After we moved out we have had to use contractors to paint the house inside and out, replace the roof, replace the garage door, replace the carpet, install tile in bathrooms, kitchen, laundry room and entry way. Next up is replacing the windows and installing granite countertops and new bathroom cabinets. We may or may not replace the kitchen cabinets. And on the ultimate wish list is to convert kitchen stove from electric to gas and replace the wood burning fireplace with a gas one.

That house is now 30 years old and the harsh weather in AZ high desert doesn't help. We have kept it for sentimental reasons...
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    12-16-2015 08:35 AM
    No I'm just not the xmas type. I'm really over the music and the whole thing now. Just want it over with already. I like decorations mind you. They do look pretty.
    Same here. I'm really not into this exchanging gifts thing.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    12-16-2015 08:36 AM
    Does everything get promoted really early in the UK? Here in the US, I saw Christmas items in stores before Halloween. When I was a kid, that didn't happen until the day after Thanksgiving.
    It seems to be getting worse every year in the last 10 years or so...
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    12-16-2015 08:36 AM
    I'm looking forward to the new Star Wars movie!
    Me too. I watched the first one Episode 4 when it came out, my dad used to take us to see the Sci Fi movies . I was a bit younger than you Laura...
    12-16-2015 08:38 AM
    Nice remodeling project! After we moved out we have had to use contractors to paint the house inside and out, replace the roof, replace the garage door, replace the carpet, install tile in bathrooms, kitchen, laundry room and entry way. Next up is replacing the windows and installing granite countertops and new bathroom cabinets. We may or may not replace the kitchen cabinets. And on the ultimate wish list is to convert kitchen stove from electric to gas and replace the wood burning fireplace with a gas one.

That house is now 30 years old and the harsh weather in AZ high desert doesn't help. We have kept it for sentimental reasons...
    I forgot about the front door and the garage doors... LOL! The front one will be replaced after the renovations. The garage will be around the same time.
    worldspy99 likes this.
    12-16-2015 08:39 AM
    I was going to comment but I got really busy. Also I wasn't aware of the term NLO.... We usually use UFO for Unidentified Flying Object.

I don't believe we've ever been visited by aliens and I highly doubt we ever will. The universe is a big place and we're pretty much a backwater.

Do I think there is other life in the universe? Yes of course. Do I think there is other 'intelligent' life on other planets? Highly probable. Do I think they look like humans? Not sure. Do I think there's technological societies out there who have managed to manipulate physics so they can travel vast distances quickly. That's something I can't answer but I think it's unlikely.

If aliens were ever to visit, it would be a moving colony living in space more than them just being curious and capturing 'red necks' in small towns and doing experiments on them. They would likely be looking for resources. Going by what we're doing to this planet they'd probably bypass it.

That's my two cents on the whole UFO thing and our weird obsession with them.
    I agree with most of it except the backwater part. I need to dig up the article I read which was explaining where we are (in the grand scheme of things) and why we have life on earth and made it sound like the solar system is a relatively older planet system in age compared to the planets that are being discovered now. Doesn't mean we are the only older planet system...
    12-16-2015 08:42 AM
    I did enjoy the X-Files TV show.
    I used to watch Project UFO based on the Blue Book when I was young.
    12-16-2015 08:43 AM
    So am i, but it won't make it way to Bosnian cinemas for some time. Maybe sometimes after 20. December, i'm not sure. I have to check, i've never been so hyped about any movie so far.
    The reason is that Disney which now owns Lucasfilm has hyped it like no movie before.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    12-16-2015 08:44 AM
    I know I saw V and VI in the theatre. I don't recall seeing IV in there. I would have been 6 at the time of release of IV.

It's hard to remember that far back sometimes.
    I have watched all of the six episodes in the theater. More than once
    12-16-2015 08:45 AM
    I'll be watching it tomorrow. Microsoft is treating us.
    No spoliers please...
    12-16-2015 08:46 AM
    No spoliers please...
    I agree with you we better not get spoilers :p
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-16-2015 08:52 AM
    I have watched all of the six episodes in the theater. More than once
    I have the First three OG Star Wars movie cassette ;) I still watch them from time to time
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-16-2015 08:54 AM
    I'll be watching it tomorrow. Microsoft is treating us.
    Lucky ! That is all I have to say
    12-16-2015 08:58 AM
    I agree with most of it except the backwater part. I need to dig up the article I read which was explaining where we are (in the grand scheme of things) and why we have life on earth and made it sound like the solar system is a relatively older planet system in age compared to the planets that are being discovered now. Doesn't mean we are the only older planet system...
    They found planets as old as 11 billion. Forbes Welcome

That's pretty close to the beginning of the universe and if we take that as the extreme that makes the Earth fairly young.

Our position in the Milky Way is about mid point on a minor spur close to the tip of it (from a galactic point of view). That makes us generally a backwater in terms of interest. It's like visiting a major city with attractions and deciding to check out the residential burbs instead.

It's good of us to think like this as it takes our over self importance we've given ourselves and makes us more humble. Are we something special? Of course we are. Humans may be completely and utterly unique in the universe. But from a cosmological point of view we're currently but a blink in time.

We're doing everything in our power to destroy our one and only planet and the human race. The planet and life will continue of course.
    sahib lopez and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-16-2015 09:26 AM
    Anyon else got an email from MS with a link to some survey?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-16-2015 10:29 AM
    Yeah. I didn't bother.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-16-2015 10:32 AM
    Yeah. I didn't bother.
    I was too bored and looking for excuses not to study so i completed it, lol.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-16-2015 10:45 AM

I did it yesterday I was bored too.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-16-2015 01:35 PM
    I did it yesterday I was bored too.
    I will do it for Surface Book :D
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    12-16-2015 01:55 PM
    Man i'm bored, i've been staring in my phone for the last 10 minutes without doing anything on it.
    But don't get me wrong, i still don't want to study.
    12-16-2015 02:15 PM
    No spoliers please...
    Don't worry I'll be posting the food. Ha ha
    12-16-2015 04:06 PM
    Don't worry I'll be posting the food. Ha ha
    No spoiled food pics though...
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    12-16-2015 04:17 PM
    No spoiled food pics though...
    We'll be having dinner at Todd English...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-16-2015 04:21 PM
    There's so much stupidity happening on Windows Central's Youtube channel right now.
    12-16-2015 04:53 PM
142,726 ... 46744675467646774678 ...