Thanks for the laugh. The weather in your neck of the woods is terrible...
    Of course, you had to be the Californian to bring the cold weather in...lol...

Posted via Xperia Z3
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-18-2015 08:40 PM
    Most of the people I know who use Android devices have Samsung. I have one cousin who has a 2014 Moto X, but that's it.
    I think the Samsung sheep as almost as obnoxious as the Apple clansmen...

Meanwhile samsung pushes out software updates to their tablets by launching a newer tablet with the newer software. Now, why would i recommend that to the GF in good conscience?

Mother in law is like: "nah bruh, who cares about software updates? I wanted a Galaxy."

Posted via Xperia Z3
    Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 12-19-2015 at 10:51 AM.
    12-18-2015 08:46 PM
    That sucks. This is why you stash away part of the college refund at the start of the semester...

Posted via Xperia Z3

Well it was either between the tv or the band 2. ;p I only buy two expensive thing a year and this time it was a tv and surface 3 Next year I want either an iPod / phone. Or band and a phone or build a computer and buy a band .
    azcruz likes this.
    12-18-2015 08:56 PM
    Samsung or bust in her eyes
    Her eyes are busted looking at Samsung products, that's the problem.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    12-18-2015 09:20 PM
    I just say, i do like going to the MSFT store. I picked up the GF's Band 2 and paid easily. Most interesting was that the MSFT associates were using black 930s as their mobile Point of Sale devices.

I got into a very good conversation with an associate who talked about downloading custom workouts onto her OG Band. I'll pass that along to the GF so if we go away or she comes by me to visit she can bring her workout gear and work out - that way i don't hear the kvteching about how she's missing her workouts...

Posted via Xperia Z3
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    12-18-2015 09:23 PM
    Well it was either between the tv or the band 2. ;p I only buy two expensive thing a year and this time it was a tv and surface 3 Next year I want either an iPod / phone. Or band and a phone or build a computer and buy a band .
    I'm sure you know you can build a very decent righ on the cheap via Tigerdirect or Newegg...that's what i did with the GF two months ago...

Posted via Xperia Z3
    12-18-2015 09:25 PM
    I think the Samsung sheep as almost as obnoxious as the Apple clansmen...

Meanwhile ssung pushes out software updates to their tablets by launching a newer tablet with the newer software. Now, why would i recommend that to the GF in good conscience?

Mother in law is like: "nah bruh, who cares about software updates? I wanted a Galaxy."

Posted via Xperia Z3
    I was at Sam's Club yesterday looking at tablets while waiting for my tire rotation. I didn't bother looking at the cheap off brand tablets or the iPads, but I did look at 2 of the Samsung tablets. One was running 5.1.1. The other one was still on 4.4.2, which is 2 years old.

Incidentally, my neighborhood Sam's Club only sells cases for iPhones and various Samsung Galaxy/Samsung Galaxy Note. You're out of luck with phone cases if you don't have an iPhone or a Samsung device.
    N_LaRUE, sahib lopez and MSFTisMIA like this.
    12-19-2015 12:35 AM
    I'm sure you know you can build a very decent righ on the cheap via Tigerdirect or Newegg...that's what i did with the GF two months ago...

Posted via Xperia Z3

I know I can but I'm trying to move up from core 2 quad on ddr2 memory to core i5(haswell or ivy ) on ddr3 or ddr4 :p I know it's going to be more than 300$
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-19-2015 02:24 AM
    I think my car was a bit dirty

uploadfromtaptalk1450534219907.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1450534256754.jpg
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-19-2015 09:11 AM
    I was at Sam's Club yesterday looking at tablets while waiting for my tire rotation. I didn't bother looking at the cheap off brand tablets or the iPads, but I did look at 2 of the Samsung tablets. One was running 5.1.1. The other one was still on 4.4.2, which is 2 years old.

Incidentally, my neighborhood Sam's Club only sells cases for iPhones and various Samsung Galaxy/Samsung Galaxy Note. You're out of luck with phone cases if you don't have an iPhone or a Samsung device.
    If i were buying an Android tablet this year (as in if i never owned one), it'd be the 8" variety. The only two I'd consider would be the Zenpad S and the Z3 Tablet Compact. Nothing else out there in the tablet space is really grabbing. The Z4 Tab is nice but Sony overpriced as usual. I like the multi-window function on a tablet but won't get a Samsung just for that.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-19-2015 10:26 AM
    I know I can but I'm trying to move up from core 2 quad on ddr2 memory to core i5(haswell or ivy ) on ddr3 or ddr4 :p I know it's going to be more than 300$
    Point is, you can find a good rig at the right price. All depends what you want to buy.

I don't need all that power these days for my needs. My 5 y.o. dual core rig runs just fine. It doesn't have the drivers for the free upgrade to Windows 10, but I'm fine with it.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    sahib lopez and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-19-2015 10:46 AM
    Point is, you can find a good rig at the right price. All depends what you want to buy.

I don't need all that power these days for my needs. My 5 y.o. dual core rig runs just fine. It doesn't have the drivers for the free upgrade to Windows 10, but I'm fine with it.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    Oh yeah of course what you said was on point. I should start to look there maybe I find a build that had what I want there
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-19-2015 12:03 PM
    I think my car was a bit dirty

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1450534219907.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	119146

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1450534256754.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	119147
    Went off-roading or what ;)?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-19-2015 12:04 PM

Dang I'm surprised OEMs are allowed to put old OS on their tablets.
    12-19-2015 12:06 PM
    Went off-roading or what ;)?
    Noup, that's salted motorway for you. And it was fogy all week so road was wet all the time.
    sahib lopez and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-19-2015 12:48 PM
    I just helped a guy buy his accessories for his new surface 3. He's a huge Apple guy but after he found out he couldn't load a certain application to his iPad he bought a surface 3 because he knew it would work . He says " everyone says Apple is the best so I bought one but was disappointed that I couldn't run a Program so I bought a surface 3 and it works so much better " he bought the surface type cover , the surface pen (new one ) and. Glass screen protector ) he's excited .

For all the negativity msft is getting this seems like a good sign that people like the surface line ;)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-19-2015 04:49 PM
    imageuploadedbytapatalk1450568080.024010.jpg
    I like the orange color . Pretty cool :)
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-19-2015 06:35 PM
    Nice try, Sahib...

https://plus.google.com/115985922770...ts/XUSLBgaK32V

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    sahib lopez likes this.
    12-19-2015 07:51 PM
    I just helped a guy buy his accessories for his new surface 3. He's a huge Apple guy but after he found out he couldn't load a certain application to his iPad he bought a surface 3 because he knew it would work . He says " everyone says Apple is the best so I bought one but was disappointed that I couldn't run a Program so I bought a surface 3 and it works so much better " he bought the surface type cover , the surface pen (new one ) and. Glass screen protector ) he's excited .

For all the negativity msft is getting this seems like a good sign that people like the surface line ;)
    Did you ask which app?
    12-19-2015 08:08 PM
    I was in love with this car but now that it's here, I am having second thoughts about buying it...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-19-2015 08:11 PM
    I was in love with this car but now that it's here, I am having second thoughts about buying it...
    https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12...f4a62a7de1.jpg
    Subaru :D for the win
    azcruz likes this.
    12-19-2015 11:03 PM
    Nice try, Sahib...

https://plus.google.com/115985922770...ts/XUSLBgaK32V

If only I used that one time :p I would of gotten funny points
    12-19-2015 11:04 PM

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450568080.024010.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	288.1 KB 
ID:	119169
    I agree. The orange is the best of the bunch.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-19-2015 11:08 PM
    https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12...f4a62a7de1.jpg
    This is first Subaru I really like, if only it came here with manual too. We only get CVT transmission.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-20-2015 02:53 AM

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450568080.024010.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	288.1 KB 
ID:	119169
    I agree. The orange is the best of the bunch.

The orange is my favorite one too. Orange would look really cool with a BB-8 sticker or skin.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    12-20-2015 03:00 AM
145,721 ... 46774678467946804681 ...