WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The 830 should have had more RAM and a better processor along with the selfie camera and $100 less to compete with the OPO.

The 830 should have had the 801 processor and have been sold for $50 cheaper. That would sell well in the mid range, even if the camera is a side grade in comparison to the 920/925.

Posted Approved 1+1 Style!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Many of those poor don't escape that debt because many of those middle level, middle skill jibs are gone now. Especially since many of those are women and their numbers depress the wages in the "market that caters to female jobs (social services, for example) even further. Yes, the system is still full of ****.

Take notes, Sahib.

Work is another form of slavery. We're just a different type of serf. :/

I don't know if I mentioned this before. I read something a while back. The quote was something like this "Most Americans don't consider themselves poor, they just haven't reached their potential as millionaires."

Most people don't realise that working is no way to gain independence or 'live'.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Precisely. And at the end of the day, even if MSFT has a smaller market share, they're still rolling in the $.

I think for me WP is simply a no go for a couple of years. I've sort of given up. It's sad to put it that way but I get the same sort of experience on my Android. Most people don't seem to realise that MS services are basically identical to those on WP. OneDrive backs up my photos automatically. My email syncs, etc. What am I missing aside from Live Tiles? Is that really anything to miss?

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Yeah there is something wrong with me when I don't think a girl I waving at me and I look around only to find out yes she was waving at me o.o........

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Well I guess you're young but you're seeming younger than you should be.

In my defense I didn't think she was waving hi to me. The only reason she sad hi was because she is friends with a friend of mine.
Besides there have been lots of times I wave thinking its for me but it not o.o.....

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

In my defense I didn't think she was waving hi to me. The only reason she sad hi was because she is friends with a friend of mine.
Besides there have been lots of times I wave thinking its for me but it not o.o.....

Your defense is as airtight as a slice of Swiss cheese.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
From the department of "you can always find something whenever you're not looking for it"...

So I was hunting for a stack of check books I bought from the back as the current one I was using just finished. My landlord used to let people pay online but they ran that system in such a faulty way they pulled that option completely. So I recycled a check and paid a few bills and was all set today to go to the bank to order a new stack.

So of course I went looking for something in my closet and out of the corner of my eye guess what I see? Lol.

Last edited:

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

There's been a wage decline in the UK and apparently we're just hitting the levels in some areas (note some) back to pre 2007 levels. Affordability and wages are not aligned here. In Australia I know that the contracting wages have dropped significantly but I'm unsure about standard wages.

No idea about Canada.

As for degrees. One of the bigger issues lots of people are having currently is graduating with some degree and no positions being available. The other one I've run across in my field is recent grads being hired thinking their going to be 'managing' someone. Not realising that their at the bottom of the heap. :p Not sure what these colleges are putting in their heads lately.

Whether someone needs a degree or not depends on many things. A lot is placed on education these days, not that I'm against that, but is it really necessary for all jobs? Is a degree really necessary to make it in the design field that Muessig is in for example? I think if he wanted to run a business or have a good business mindset then yes it's worth it. But I think it isn't going to help his creativity that much unless he went to a well recognised school. What's the point of getting a degree for the heck of it? Get a good portfolio of work and people will seek you out or take risks, like moving to an area where there's more opportunity.

Here in the UK we also have the class issue which is a whole other problem in itself.

Totally agree! My degree in the IT field has really helped me with nothing. Sure, I can get hired on at the bottom of the totem pole like you say, at a big corporation making chicken feed, but I make much more in the hospitality industry here in the U.S.
Was my college education worth it? Yes, if course, but only by applying my knowledge to my own business (I repair, clean and build computers on the side) I don't know about other countries, but here in the States, you'll never make any money working for someone else unless you're really good at what you do, and stick it out for a long time. Self employment and starting your own business is the only way to ever "make it". I've been in the restaurant biz for almost 30 years and love it, (I'm a certified chef and general manager) and I do very well, but when my side business meets or exceeds my primary income, and I've saved up enough to open a real shop (I run my PC biz out of my garage at home), I'll be retiring from the former to focus 100% on the later.

I then may even start my own cooking show! ��

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Totally agree! My degree in the IT field has really helped me with nothing. Sure, I can get hired on at the bottom of the totem pole like you say, at a big corporation making chicken feed, but I make much more in the hospitality industry here in the U.S.
Was my college education worth it? Yes, if course, but only by applying my knowledge to my own business (I repair, clean and build computers on the side) I don't know about other countries, but here in the States, you'll never make any money working for someone else unless you're really good at what you do, and stick it out for a long time. Self employment and starting your own business is the only way to ever "make it". I've been in the restaurant biz for almost 30 years and love it, (I'm a certified chef and general manager) and I do very well, but when my side business meets or exceeds my primary income, and I've saved up enough to open a real shop (I run my PC biz out of my garage at home), I'll be retiring from the former to focus 100% on the later.

I then may even start my own cooking show! ��

Have you tried blogging about food? Putting up recipes, telling stories and exposing a bit of your personality?

Food is a big thing at the moment, especially over here in the UK. Anyone who can give a bit of themselves to their cause will do well. Celebrity chefs are raking it in over here.

All you need is a good angle to come from. Some imagination. A good personality and you're good to go.

If I had more time and was an actual chef I'd do it as well while things are still good.

On my Z3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel