House renovating taking it's toll?
    Yeah and sleeping in crap beds for four days didn't help.
    01-10-2016 09:51 AM
    I get you on that one. I was visiting my cousin and stayed at his place for 5 days. I don't think there has been worst time for my spine and neck in my whole life.
    Even the pillows were a complete disaster.
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    01-10-2016 10:27 AM
    Damn T-Mobile LTE is fast even on three bars!

Darn that's fast o.o I wanna see if I could reach those speeds on my 830
    01-10-2016 10:42 AM
    Yes Seahawks won their match !!! Close game though :p
    01-10-2016 04:06 PM

I have a question . Maybe you already answered it but where do you find tine to work on the house :p?
    01-10-2016 04:07 PM
    Yes Seahawks won their match !!! Close game though :p
    I'm 3 for 3 so far in the playoff office pool on wildcard Sunday. Now, I just need GB to beat the Redskins and I'll be off to a tremendous start. 29 people @ $10 per person (winner take all)...if I can win this pool too, I'd have had a very successful NFL season...

Posted approved via Moto Maxx
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-10-2016 04:56 PM
    I have a question . Maybe you already answered it but where do you find tine to work on the house :p?
    MAYBE Rue decided to take a week off from work and use that vacation time to move in and start to get the house decent...many people whose know they're that their move is a scheduled one will often do that...

01-10-2016 04:59 PM
    I'm 3 for 3 so far in the playoff office pool on wildcard Sunday. Now, I just need GB to beat the Redskins and I'll be off to a tremendous start. 29 people @ $10 per person (winner take all)...if I can win this pool too, I'd have had a very successful NFL season...

How about Powerball? Heard it's nearly a billion dollars...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-10-2016 06:11 PM
    How about Powerball? Heard it's nearly a billion dollars...
    Yeah, it is. I didn't play that yet. Maybe tomorrow. Perhaps i think I've got a better shot of winning the office pool.

01-10-2016 06:18 PM
    This was a rough weekend. Stayed home the entire time. Got more aches and pains all over than you could imagine.

01-10-2016 06:22 PM
    This was a rough weekend. Stayed home the entire time. Got more aches and pains all over than you could imagine.

Too much rest is painful or what?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-10-2016 07:07 PM
    Too much rest is painful or what?
    No. Think i caught a cold when my immune system wasn't at its best. I left my scarf home and i should have worn that on Friday during a job interview. I've got one of those trenchcoats where the neck area where your tie is gets left exposed. Had to dress as business professional...

I was so out of it i stayed home all weekend...SMH...

01-10-2016 08:06 PM
    I can see Sahib asking the same question as the doctor...

https://plus.google.com/110442499604...ts/8ZaJCbgEcHA

Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-10-2016 08:08 PM

Yup, I'm off to a good start...when 4 for 4 on wild card sunday.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-10-2016 08:08 PM
    No. Think i caught a cold when my immune system wasn't at its best. I left my scarf home and i should have worn that on Friday during a job interview. I've got one of those trenchcoats where the neck area where your tie is gets left exposed. Had to dress as business professional...

I was so out of it i stayed home all weekend...SMH...

Hope you're feeling better soon!
    01-10-2016 08:53 PM
    Here are the 3g speeds on my 810 :p pretty bad
    Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20160110_0001.png  
    01-10-2016 08:54 PM
    I can see Sahib asking the same question as the doctor...

https://plus.google.com/110442499604...ts/8ZaJCbgEcHA

Well good thing I'm not a doctor ;)
    01-10-2016 08:59 PM
    MAYBE Rue decided to take a week off from work and use that vacation time to move in and start to get the house decent...many people whose know they're that their move is a scheduled one will often do that...

Ah makes sense when you put it that way !
    01-10-2016 09:02 PM
    I have a question . Maybe you already answered it but where do you find tine to work on the house ?
    I had time off over Xmas and I took extra days off last week. We did a lot of stuff on the weekends prior to that.

We tried staying in a B&B chain to avoid driving back and fourth but their beds were on the firm side and we're both side sleepers. It was like sleeping on the floor.

I personally think they were old too but the place kept assuring us that they were new but I could feel the springs. Sad part is the place was really nice other than that.

We don't start living there until the 8th of Feb which feels both too close and too far away. I'm not entirely sure what state the house will be in and we may ask to extend at our flat if we can.

Next few weeks will be interesting.
    01-11-2016 12:04 AM

I can imagine! LOL!
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    01-11-2016 12:06 AM
    I had time off over Xmas and I took extra days off last week. We did a lot of stuff on the weekends prior to that.

We tried staying in a B&B chain to avoid driving back and fourth but their beds were on the firm side and we're both side sleepers. It was like sleeping on the floor.

I personally think they were old too but the place kept assuring us that they were new but I could feel the springs. Sad part is the place was really nice other than that.

We don't start living there until the 8th of Feb which feels both too close and too far away. I'm not entirely sure what state the house will be in and we may ask to extend at our flat if we can.

Next few weeks will be interesting.

I was also going to ask if you were still living at your apartment while working on your house. I hope you get the majority done before the end of this month.
    01-11-2016 12:49 AM
    I was also going to ask if you were still living at your apartment while working on your house. I hope you get the majority done before the end of this month.
    Trying but we'll see. There's been some extra surprises we weren't planning on. Such is the situatiin of buying a unloved house.
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    01-11-2016 01:19 AM
    Trying but we'll see. There's been some extra surprises we weren't planning on. Such is the situatiin of buying a unloved house.
    I hope it's not as bad as the house in the Tom Hanks' movie The Money Pit.
    01-11-2016 01:38 AM
    I hope it's not as bad as the house in the Tom Hanks' movie The Money Pit.
    I've never seen the movie to be honest. I don't think ours is so much a money pit as it is a house that's been ignored and not kept up to date. It's not falling down or anything. It's just been neglected for many years and we're having to fix all those things that need fixing so that when we go to sell in the future we'll hopefully avoid any issues.

This is one of the reasons why I hate the housing market here. There are many people who purchase houses for the sole purpose of renting it out and they never fix the houses when they need it. Our house is one of those. Apparently the last tenants there did more damage but I would say the house was in poor shape prior to that.

Anyway, to put it into perspective. We're basically gutting the place (as you may have noticed from the pic I put up). The electrics and heating are being redone. We're putting in a downstairs bathroom. A new kitchen. New floors. New carpet. New upstairs bathroom. New windows.

We had the roof repaired. A window repaired and we're getting the electrical and gas meters moved.

By the end of this week the heating and electrics will be mostly done and this weekend I plan to fit the kitchen. Lots of fun. :)
    01-11-2016 02:31 AM
    There's also all the new painting to be done and decorating...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-11-2016 02:33 AM
143,632 ... 47034704470547064707 ...