WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Yeah but you're of to sunny shores! I'm just looking forward to some rest and family time! Who knows I may even get some time to rewrite my photography guide!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

This week is going so slowly! I've been convinced every day felt like a Friday. Feels like a month since my last weekend!

It's not for want of things to do either... Work is manic!

Same here.. work has been crazy this week. Haven't had much time to be here on the site.. I should be able to do some catching up after the weekend..

*sees that he's been bumped off the most thanked and top poster lists* :eck:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah but you're of to sunny shores! I'm just looking forward to some rest and family time! Who knows I may even get some time to rewrite my photography guide!

I hope it's sunny while I'm there! Looking like 14 to 11C at the moment. Looks like a jacket is still required.

Maybe wait on the photography guide until after the Denim update? Well that will probably be a few months until everyone gets it... :p

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

I find it really amusing how upset people got with Nokia HERE being put on the back burner (or having MS take over) because they want to concentrate on more popular OS. As a business I would have done the exact same thing.

Just goes to show the misplaced affection people have with companies is never a good thing to hold on to. Then again, people should remember that it's a company and their acting in their best interest. WP only has 3% marketshare worldwide. Everyone is thinking W10 will suddenly change this position when it's released (don't see that happening). Nokia either does business or shuts it's doors. What's so hard to understand?

I like what they are doing. Although you do have Gmaps on Android which are amazing as a map even here there is just no way to use it as navigation, at least here. And that is what Here does amazing. And holding off the development of WP app doesn't mean there won't be updates in the future, first they just have to polish their Android and iOS app. And people should really understand that they just can't be profitable with only WP app on the market meanwhile they spent millions to buy Navteq few years ago. This could only work WP had about 50% market share, which it can never achieve, but it doesn't. They can't just blindly support the OS some fanboys want.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I like what they are doing. Although you do have Gmaps on Android which are amazing as a map even here there is just no way to use it as navigation, at least here. And that is what Here does amazing. And holding off the development of WP app doesn't mean there won't be updates in the future, first they just have to polish their Android and iOS app. And people should really understand that they just can't be profitable with only WP app on the market meanwhile they spent millions to buy Navteq few years ago. This could only work WP had about 50% market share, which it can never achieve, but it doesn't. They can't just blindly support the OS some fanboys want.

The Android app is really nice. If they do the same thing for WP (if they get around to it) it will please a lot of people. I sometimes wonder why WP seemed so difficult to get working right with HERE maps. On my N8 it was great but WP was always lacklustre feeling. I have a feeling the iOS version will look a lot like the Android one.

gMaps is ok but it won't work for me overseas. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well Denim is out I just don't think my mum will care about photography on her Lumia 520 :p

I doubt she reads this forum much either. :p

Denim may be out for some in the EU but it probably won't be on my L920 any time soon. :p Not that I care.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I use Navigate aka Route 66 since the HTC One V Android and now on iOS. I'd be installing Here when my Honor arrives.
Sent from my Cherry Mobile Alpha Luxe

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You almost get this feeling that confidence in MS is at rock bottom as this year comes to an end. In a way you really can't blame any company for bypassing WP this year.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I use Navigate aka Route 66 since the HTC One V Android and now on iOS. I'd be installing Here when my Honor arrives.
Sent from my Cherry Mobile Alpha Luxe

It's really nice. Trust me. I think they have to sort out a couple of things with route selection but that's about it. As it is, it's brilliant. If they can add voice search like gMaps that would be amazing.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

The Android app is really nice. If they do the same thing for WP (if they get around to it) it will please a lot of people. I sometimes wonder why WP seemed so difficult to get working right with HERE maps. On my N8 it was great but WP was always lacklustre feeling. I have a feeling the iOS version will look a lot like the Android one.

gMaps is ok but it won't work for me overseas. :p

Well for me Here on WP works OK only design isn't to most eye pleasing, it looks a bit outdated compared to Android version. Other than that it worked quite well when I needed it, not like I need it much though :)

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

I doubt she reads this forum much either. :p

Denim may be out for some in the EU but it probably won't be on my L920 any time soon. :p Not that I care.
She wouldn't understand English, she learnt German in school ;)
I kind of care about it since it's probably the last official update for my L820 being my primary phone. Although It's holding a bit better in battery department this days I still have 62% at the moment, however I didn't use it that much, not more than 30 minutes :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well for me Here on WP works OK only design isn't to most eye pleasing, it looks a bit outdated compared to Android version. Other than that it worked quite well when I needed it, not like I need it much though :)

I use it a lot when I travel so I've given it a good bash this year. :p

I just think the version on Android makes the WP look dated. The Android version is so elegant looking and crisp. Maybe it's my screen... :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

She wouldn't understand English, she learnt German in school ;)
I kind of care about it since it's probably the last official update for my L820 being my primary phone. Although It's holding a bit better in battery department this days I still have 62% at the moment, however I didn't use it that much, not more than 30 minutes :p

That sounds a bit like my L920. I just had to switch on GPS for 5 minutes and my battery would be at 70% from 100%. Check some emails and do some things with data and I'm down to 40%. I don't miss those days at all.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Looks like I missed a lot while trying to restore my OPO and Nexus 7 last night.

Posting 1+1 Style!

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

That sounds a bit like my L920. I just had to switch on GPS for 5 minutes and my battery would be at 70% from 100%. Check some emails and do some things with data and I'm down to 40%. I don't miss those days at all.

Well I have those things always ON since if I have smartphone I will use its functions. I don't want do fiddle with settings every time I want to go running or turn on internet connection everytime I want to look for something.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb