This was a interesting read. I only know how to read ,write and speak English and Spanish ( Mexico )
    I can read, write and speak English, Bosnian, Serbian, Croatian, Montenegrian, Slovenian, a bit of Macedonian and German, lol.

But those first four are like saying you can speak English, American and Australian.
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    01-13-2016 11:26 AM
    Gonna play my Jamaican SKA music and work through the day like a pro instead.

I only want to be "productive like a boss" here if they'll pay me like one...which will happen on the day of Sahib's bachelor party...

Posted approved via Moto Maxx
    Had so much fun with this, I'm now playing 70s Funk and Disco. Good stuff...

Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-13-2016 12:34 PM
    Thanks ...i think 😊.
    And it was good too...something about a mariachi band and the like...but hey, you get a free pass on that one...

01-13-2016 12:35 PM
    Young man be thankful for the gift you're receiving... me not posting this heavyweight comeback comment for the opening you provided...

I was expecting something along the lines of "you know you're up ****'s creek with a hole in the boat and Trump's hair as your method to plug it"....but the music you are listening today must have been really good to put you in such a generous mood!
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-13-2016 01:17 PM
    Thanks ...i think .
    Count your blessings, young man!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-13-2016 01:18 PM
    I was expecting something along the lines of "you know you're up ****'s creek with a hole in the boat and Trump's hair as your method to plug it"....but the music you are listening today must have been really good to put you in such a generous mood!
    Sometimes your hand gets tired of shooting fish in a barrel...

N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-13-2016 01:40 PM
    I can read, write and speak English, Bosnian, Serbian, Croatian, Montenegrian, Slovenian, a bit of Macedonian and German, lol.

But those first four are like saying you can speak English, American and Australian.
    Trust me when I say this. You can put a Brit, Aussie and an American together and there's a strong possibility they won't understand each other.

Especially if they all use slang.

The Britt and the Aussie have a better chance of understanding the American though as there's so much US TV here and in Oz.

The America will probably say, wut? A lot.
    Laura Knotek, MSFTisMIA and azcruz like this.
    01-13-2016 01:55 PM
    Trust me when I say this. You can put a Brit, Aussie and an American together and there's a strong possibility they won't understand each other.

The Britt and the Aussie have a better chance of understanding the American though as there's so much US TV here and in Oz.

Say, Wut????
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    01-13-2016 01:56 PM
    Depending on where the American is from there's a good change they wouldn't find the UK or Australia on a map. Not to mention Canada...
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    01-13-2016 01:57 PM
    I am of course picking on the US a touch but they do tend to have a very isolated mindset in some places.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-13-2016 01:58 PM
    I am of course picking on the US a touch but they do tend to have a very isolated mindset in some places.
    Specifically in the mind
    01-13-2016 01:59 PM
    I've been to a few of those places so I'm speaking from experience. I still shiver at the thought.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-13-2016 01:59 PM

Well we wouldn't understand each other everything either, we would figure something out from context.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-13-2016 02:07 PM

I remember an episode of "Foyle's War" that showed the American GI's and the British townspeople having difficulty understanding each other.

I've seen a lot of BBC and Australian shows on Netflix.

The hardest movie for me to understand was "Trainspotting".
    01-13-2016 02:52 PM
    Depending on where the American is from there's a good change they wouldn't find the UK or Australia on a map. Not to mention Canada...
    Now, this is plain funny.

01-13-2016 03:10 PM
    Specifically in the mind
    This is funny too.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-13-2016 03:11 PM
    Believe it or not, there are some parts of Murica they haven't seen a brown person in person. Wouldn't be surprised if the same folks don't know where Canada is...

01-13-2016 03:12 PM
    Believe it or not, there are some parts of Murica they haven't seen a brown person in person. Wouldn't be surprised if the same folks don't know where Canada is...

The only brown they know is the UPS truck.
    01-13-2016 03:18 PM
    I remember an episode of "Foyle's War" that showed the American GI's and the British townspeople having difficulty understanding each other.

Snatch was a bit crazy to understand as well...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-13-2016 03:18 PM

Try watching the Australian movie The Castle. Watch they Aussie version of it as there's an international release for it. That's of course if you can find it.

If you can understand The Castle you will understand Australians to some extent. I saw it within the first few months when I lived there and was totally confused. When I saw it again after more than a year there I laughed the whole way through it. It's a comedy but it's more than that.

I haven't seen Trainspotting but it's suppose to be good.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-13-2016 03:42 PM
    I watched some clip, or was it a full documentary movie, can't really remember. Where a reporter was going through a town and asking few questions to random people. The question was something like 'What do you think who's next to get in war with US, and can you show them to us on a map?'
    The funny part were not their answers, some was saying, France, Germany, some were naming other Asian countries. But the hilarious part was when they were acctually showing the reporter the locations of these countries on a map. They have missplaced countries not just by a little, but they were thinking France was in Africa and stuff like that.
    And then Americans get pi**** off when people question their education, lol. Stereotypes, i know, but there's always some truth to it.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    01-13-2016 03:52 PM
    My friend, i must tell you that you have been in fallacy for your whole life. You are not from Australia, you are from the very Islamic Republic of Iran.
    Oh and don't take this tittle as an insult, after all, it wasn't me who uploaded this

Fast forward to 2:00
    01-13-2016 04:05 PM
    I watched some clip, or was it a full documentary movie, can't really remember. Where a reporter was going through a town and asking few questions to random people. The question was something like 'What do you think who's next to get in war with US, and can you show them to us on a map?'
    The funny part were not their answers, some was saying, France, Germany, some were naming other Asian countries. But the hilarious part was when they were acctually showing the reporter the locations of these countries on a map. They have missplaced countries not just by a little, but they were thinking France was in Africa and stuff like that.
    And then Americans get pi**** off when people question their education, lol. Stereotypes, i know, but there's always some truth to it.
    They gave these people a map? That's like giving Sahib internet access to log onto this thread...something will happen and he'll put his foot in his mouth the same way those folks will do...

(You only get one pass from me a day, Sahib...it got used earlier)

worldspy99, Rose640 and N_LaRUE like this.
    01-13-2016 04:37 PM
    The only brown they know is the UPS truck.
    And it's the white on that brown truck combo, not brown on brown...

N_LaRUE likes this.
    01-13-2016 04:38 PM
    Now, who was worse...the girl who was trying to find the Mississippi river in Asia or these folks?

Rose640 likes this.
    01-13-2016 04:39 PM
142,852 ... 47104711471247134714 ...