Saw a Z5(Premium?) in the wild just now. Looks nice but the miniscule camera improvements makes it a non buy for me.

Posted approved via Moto Maxx
    I sold a guy at work on the Compact Z5. His old iPhone died and wanted a reasonable priced phone. Funny thing is I suggested the regular Z5 as he's a very tall guy but he likes the small form factor.
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    01-20-2016 12:30 AM
    I sold a guy at work on the Compact Z5. His old iPhone died and wanted a reasonable priced phone. Funny thing is I suggested the regular Z5 as he's a very tall guy but he likes the small form factor.
    Same with an engineer in my group, he currently has the OPX but is not too happy with it. I'm actually leaning towards recommending the Redmi 3 for him, right size, awesome battery life and specs that are equal to or better than HTC A9 at about third the price. Oh and Xiaomi camera's aren't shabby at all.
    01-20-2016 12:52 AM
    Damn, it's -6! That's pretty cold for here.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    01-20-2016 01:14 AM
    For UK, that is cold. Stay warm!
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    01-20-2016 01:22 AM
    The era you're looking for in this instance is the 60s to 70s. I think you'll be surprised how many songs you may know. You might not know the groups but you recognise the music.

Groups and artists from this time are all the big names of old rock and roll.

What you need to do is just listen. You don't have to like everything (no one likes everything).

Here's a list to get you started:

Beatles - Sgt Pepper's Lonely Club Band, Revolver, Magical Mystery Tour, The White Album, etc...

Rolling Stones -Aftermath, Beggars Banquet, etc..

Led Zeppelin - All albums but for starters try their fourth album (IV)

The Eagles - Hotel California

Black Sabbath - Paranoid

Jimmy Hendrix

Steppenwolf - Born to be Wild

The Who

The Doors

Eric Clapton

There's more but I don't want to overwhelm you.
    I'd also add N.I.B., Iron Man and War Pigs.

And everything from Queen.

Funny thing about War Pigs. It was written and recorded in 1970. and lyrics can 100% relate to the situation we have in world today.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-20-2016 04:32 AM
    I'd also add N.I.B., Iron Man and War Pigs.

And everything from Queen.

Funny thing about War Pigs. It was written and recorded in 1970. and lyrics can 100% relate to the situation we have in world today.
    I just checked the Wiki on it. Apparently it's simply an anti-war song. It apparently had another more satanic name which the record company asked to have changed. Since the release came out during the Vietnam war it can be associated to that but apparently the band didn't know much about the war at the time according to Ozzy.

Yes Queen is a definite. There were others I had in mind as well but like I mentioned I didn't want to overwhelm. LOL!
    01-20-2016 05:15 AM
    I just checked the Wiki on it. Apparently it's simply an anti-war song. It apparently had another more satanic name which the record company asked to have changed. Since the release came out during the Vietnam war it can be associated to that but apparently the band didn't know much about the war at the time according to Ozzy.

Yes Queen is a definite. There were others I had in mind as well but like I mentioned I didn't want to overwhelm. LOL!
    I knew about the original meaning of the song, just didn't want to freak sahib out. And the name was also different. It represented something like Satan's Christmas.

No more tears is also a sick song, just as N.I.B. is, lol.
    01-20-2016 05:22 AM
    Stay warm. It's 27F here. And they're talking about a snowstorm that if it hits us directly this weekend could dump 18" of snow in the area.

Jeez. I need some Magic City or Kingston sunshine right about now...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    01-20-2016 05:33 AM
    Compact is still the best sub 5" Android flagship around. Pricy as hell, but good indeed.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-20-2016 05:35 AM
    Same with an engineer in my group, he currently has the OPX but is not too happy with it. I'm actually leaning towards recommending the Redmi 3 for him, right size, awesome battery life and specs that are equal to or better than HTC A9 at about third the price. Oh and Xiaomi camera's aren't shabby at all.
    Xiaomi makes some nice stuffs too. I was tempted to try out the Honor 5X but I'll pass. I like how hardware has gotten very good at cheap prices thanks to the Chinese, but outside of stock Android, the big boys haven't really tweaked the software yet.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-20-2016 05:36 AM
    Oh and this one's a masterpiece too, at least to me, maybe because of the show.

I always thought Rodney sang this one, but recently i've found out that it was the writer, Sullivan who did it.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-20-2016 05:38 AM
    I do wonder if we'll ever see an upgradable phone.

I'm curious to see what Nokia brings out this year if they bring out anything at all that is.

If it sells in the EU and its good I may consider it.
    I hold no hopes for Nokia. See how quiet things were with the tablet they launched earlier? I think they'll be a lot of buzz and hype but they won't fare better than most OEMs in Android these days. If they're not careful, the Chinese'll blow them out of the water before they even start.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-20-2016 05:38 AM
    The era you're looking for in this instance is the 60s to 70s. I think you'll be surprised how many songs you may know. You might not know the groups but you recognise the music.

Groups and artists from this time are all the big names of old rock and roll.

What you need to do is just listen. You don't have to like everything (no one likes everything).

Here's a list to get you started:

Beatles - Sgt Pepper's Lonely Club Band, Revolver, Magical Mystery Tour, The White Album, etc...

Rolling Stones -Aftermath, Beggars Banquet, etc..

Led Zeppelin - All albums but for starters try their fourth album (IV)

The Eagles - Hotel California

Black Sabbath - Paranoid

Jimmy Hendrix

Steppenwolf - Born to be Wild

The Who

The Doors

Eric Clapton

There's more but I don't want to overwhelm you.
    If he gets through that and he wants to go 60s and 70s black music, I'll recommend a list that'll make his head spin...that's without touching the Jackson 5.

No offense to rock, but funk is still just as good if you want some cool underground sounds.

01-20-2016 05:40 AM
    Morning folks. Gotta trudge through this damn cold to get to work and see my coworkers (some at least) act more adolescent like than our patients. SMH...

Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-20-2016 05:41 AM
    If he gets through that and he wants to go 60s and 70s black music, I'll recommend a list that'll make his head spin...that's without touching the Jackson 5.

No offense to rock, but funk is still just as good if you want some cool underground sounds.

You probably know more than me but I do know a few:

The Gap Band, Earth Wind and Fire, Parliament, etc...

Actually I found a good site with a list - 100 Greatest Funk Artists

I know quite a few on there and it's debatable who the 'top' funk band is. :P
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-20-2016 05:57 AM
    I knew about the original meaning of the song, just didn't want to freak sahib out. And the name was also different. It represented something like Satan's Christmas.

No more tears is also a sick song, just as N.I.B. is, lol.
    Yes you're correct. Saying that, Sahib should be able to handle it. :P At least I hope so.
    Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-20-2016 05:58 AM

Well then you should post it, 'cause i'm interested in funk but don't know that much artists unfortunately.

I might be rock and metal lunatic but i've always liked jazz and soul. And blues.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-20-2016 05:58 AM
    Compact is still the best sub 5" Android flagship around. Pricy as hell, but good indeed.

I know a place to pick up the Z5 for a reasonable price for the UK and I directed him to that site. Not sure if he went there but he was happy with the price he paid and seems happy with the phone. He's still getting used to Android though.
    01-20-2016 05:59 AM
    Well then you should post it, 'cause i'm interested in funk but don't know that much artists unfortunately.

I might be rock and metal lunatic but i've always liked jazz and soul. And blues.
    See my post above. It's got a nice list at that link. My wife is a big Prince fan and loves funk in general. I've learnt to appreciate it more over time. I've always enjoyed it though.

I'm a fan of Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Rage Against the Machine and they're rock/funk.
    Rose640 likes this.
    01-20-2016 06:00 AM
    See my post above. It's got a nice list at that link. My wife is a big Prince fan and loves funk in general. I've learnt to appreciate it more over time. I've always enjoyed it though.

I'm a fan of Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Rage Against the Machine and they're rock/funk.
    Oh i didn't see that. I'm going to check it out now.
    01-20-2016 06:05 AM
    They said whatsapp stop ask the user to pay for the services

But I've never pay for the services since my Nokia N81
    When my trial is going to expire it extend itself for 1 year

Any Idea who pay for the services? :/
    01-20-2016 06:20 AM
    Hi everyone. Was on one of those big team meetings at work this morning. One of those meetings you wonder why you are there. Back to work!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-20-2016 06:31 AM
    I don't think they'll put the exact time of the beggining of these shows. It'll be like 8 pm, but don't expect it to start before 11 pm.

https://www.facebook.com/gunsnroses/...3890255373069/
    01-20-2016 06:32 AM
    They said whatsapp stop ask the user to pay for the services

But I've never pay for the services since my Nokia N81
    When my trial is going to expire it extend itself for 1 year

Any Idea who pay for the services? :/
    I think every time you re-install it, you get another free year. But don't believe me 100% on that one.
    01-20-2016 06:33 AM
    Hi everyone. Was on one of those big team meetings at work this morning. One of those meetings you wonder why you are there. Back to work!
    I have these too often, sadly. Never fun or useful.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    01-20-2016 06:34 AM
143,567 ... 47214722472347244725 ...