Hi everyone. Was on one of those big team meetings at work this morning. One of those meetings you wonder why you are there. Back to work!
    Now this is the guy i need, what's infraction? It's something related to this forum, that's all i know, lol.
    01-20-2016 06:34 AM
    You probably know more than me but I do know a few:

The Gap Band, Earth Wind and Fire, Parliament, etc...

Actually I found a good site with a list - 100 Greatest Funk Artists

I know quite a few on there and it's debatable who the 'top' funk band is. :P
    Good list. I'd have suggested much of these. Personally, on this list, Marvin Gaye is too low, and behind Rick James!

**** no.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    01-20-2016 06:37 AM
    If he gets through that and he wants to go 60s and 70s black music, I'll recommend a list that'll make his head spin...that's without touching the Jackson 5.

No offense to rock, but funk is still just as good if you want some cool underground sounds.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    When he grows up and gets to reggae, he'll get a true education in music...even I'm still learning...

Posted via Xperia Z3
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-20-2016 06:39 AM
    See my post above. It's got a nice list at that link. My wife is a big Prince fan and loves funk in general. I've learnt to appreciate it more over time. I've always enjoyed it though.

I'm a fan of Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Rage Against the Machine and they're rock/funk.
    Prince is so good it isn't funny. Best concert I've gone to was with an ex 6 years ago for Prince. Esmeralda Spaulding (whose really wirth listening to if you like neo soul) and Lala Hathaway opened for Prince. And all he sang was early Prince.

It was great because when he came out, no one sat. It was an older crowd who knew his old stuff and they all sang along to everything. Got a greater appreciation for him after that night.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    01-20-2016 06:45 AM
    Prince is so good it isn't funny. Best concert I've gone to was with an ex 6 years ago for Prince. Esmeralda Spaulding (whose really wirth listening to if you like neo soul) and Lala Hathaway opened for Prince. And all he sang was early Prince.

It was great because when he came out, no one sat. It was an older crowd who knew his old stuff and they all sang along to everything. Got a greater appreciation for him after that night.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    The only Prince's song i know is Purple rain.
    I know him best for his guitar skills, voice second.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-20-2016 06:58 AM
    I think every time you re-install it, you get another free year. But don't believe me 100% on that one.
    I don't think that's happen
    01-20-2016 06:58 AM

Posted via Xperia Z3
    Prince is probably one of the least appreciated artists around. Can play any instrument. Has written lots of popular songs for other artists and is a great performer himself.

His earlier albums and some of the more recent ones as well are simply about his struggle with his religious beliefs and his sexual desires and how they conflict.

My goal is to get tickets to see him. I'm hoping he comes to London sometime soon for a stint.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-20-2016 07:00 AM
    You should check out more of his music, especially his 80s/90s stuff. Some of the songs are quite interesting.

If you know Foo Fighers they did a cover of Little Nicky and he's got other more 'interesting' songs...

But all in all he's great with a guitar and likes to experiment which is fine with me.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-20-2016 07:05 AM
    Prince is probably one of the least appreciated artists around. Can play any instrument. Has written lots of popular songs for other artists and is a great performer himself.

His earlier albums and some of the more recent ones as well are simply about his struggle with his religious beliefs and his sexual desires and how they conflict.

My goal is to get tickets to see him. I'm hoping he comes to London sometime soon for a stint.
    You should. Won't be disappointed.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    01-20-2016 07:17 AM
    My favorite guys with an ax in hand are Prince, Hendrix and Joe Walsh. I know they're many other greats out there, but those are my top 3.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    01-20-2016 07:19 AM
    You've got lots to listen to when it comes to Prince then...

Posted via Xperia Z3
    01-20-2016 07:20 AM
    You've got lots to listen to when it comes to Prince then...

Posted via Xperia Z3
    That is an understatement...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-20-2016 07:25 AM
    My favorite guys with an ax in hand are Prince, Hendrix and Joe Walsh. I know they're many other greats out there, but those are my top 3.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    I know Jimmy Hendrix was great with a guitar but I haven't really appreciated it until I saw some other footage of him playing an acoustic guitar. Playing right handed at that time wasn't easy either.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-20-2016 07:27 AM
    I know Jimmy Hendrix was great with a guitar but I haven't really appreciated it until I saw some other footage of him playing an acoustic guitar. Playing right handed at that time wasn't easy either.
    Dude was like fine, expensive liquor with an ax in his hand.

Posted via Xperia Z3
    01-20-2016 07:41 AM
    That is an understatement...
    Notice we didn't even get to the Bee Gees yet?

I'm telling you, get me, 99 and Rue in a room talking music and if Sahib tried to take notes either his hand would fall off or his head'll explode...

Posted via Xperia Z3
    01-20-2016 08:31 AM
    Stay warm. It's 27F here. And they're talking about a snowstorm that if it hits us directly this weekend could dump 18" of snow in the area.

Jeez. I need some Magic City or Kingston sunshine right about now...

It is cloudy and rainy here and a bit cold for CA. My electric bill just doubled this past month.
    01-20-2016 08:38 AM
    Compact is still the best sub 5" Android flagship around. Pricy as hell, but good indeed.

But feel in hand is lousy with their blocky design. I would say even the cheap 640 feels better in hand.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-20-2016 08:39 AM
    I hold no hopes for Nokia. See how quiet things were with the tablet they launched earlier? I think they'll be a lot of buzz and hype but they won't fare better than most OEMs in Android these days. If they're not careful, the Chinese'll blow them out of the water before they even start.

They are just lending their name it seems. Foxconn built their tablet. Beautiful hardware but I believe they made it predominantly for the Asian and EU market. Let's see if they bring the phone to USA.
    01-20-2016 08:42 AM
    Morning folks. Gotta trudge through this damn cold to get to work and see my coworkers (some at least) act more adolescent like than our patients. SMH...

Keep Calm and Trudge On!
    Stay warm though.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-20-2016 08:43 AM
    I think every time you re-install it, you get another free year. But don't believe me 100% on that one.
    That is true. I think I've paid once so far in 4 years.
    01-20-2016 08:45 AM
    Hi everyone. Was on one of those big team meetings at work this morning. One of those meetings you wonder why you are there. Back to work!
    Our company rents out an auditorium to do it once and sometimes twice a year. Sometimes it is fun, other times not so much. It is a good way to get the operators and technicians who build the product get energized.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-20-2016 08:47 AM
    Now this is the guy i need, what's infraction? It's something related to this forum, that's all i know, lol.
    Violating a policy. I saw the reason you got it. Posting links to get pirated music is a no-no at Mobile Nations sites.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-20-2016 08:49 AM

Posted via Xperia Z3
    I like Esmeralda Spaulding. And of course who doesn't like Prince...
    01-20-2016 08:50 AM

Posted via Xperia Z3
    I like Niles Rodgers as well and he has been getting some good air play thanks to Daft Punk lately.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-20-2016 08:51 AM
    Notice we didn't even get to the Bee Gees yet?

I'm telling you, get me, 99 and Rue in a room talking music and if Sahib tried to take notes either his hand would fall off or his head'll explode...

Posted via Xperia Z3
    I read through 30 odd posts about funk music and no mention of Bee Gees? Specifically since Earth, Wind and Fire was already mentioned? One of their later songs, Paying the Price of Love is one my all time favorites.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-20-2016 08:54 AM
142,785 ... 47224723472447254726 ...