well i would use vimeo but they don't have a lot of Nokia videos if they did i would leave YouTube in a heart beat
    I like the Vimeo photography videos.
    10-11-2013 01:50 AM
    hmm what should i think of now.... i know..........WINDOWS 8.1....YAY
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-11-2013 01:51 AM
    I like the Vimeo photography videos.
    o.o i didn't know they have that.... i shall check that out tomorrow
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-11-2013 01:51 AM
    well i would use vimeo but they don't have a lot of Nokia videos if they did i would leave YouTube in a heart beat
    We should request Nokia to create an account in VIMEO :D
    sahib lopez and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-11-2013 01:52 AM
    We should request Nokia to create an account in VIMEO :D
    YES WE SHOULD AND then BP would be sooooo jelly he would become a Nokia fan and your avatar reminds me of KFC ... so your new nickname is KFC
    teckris and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-11-2013 01:54 AM
    YES WE SHOULD AND then BP would be sooooo jelly he would become a Nokia fan and your avatar reminds me of KFC ... so your new nickname is KFC
    but I m Vegetarian :D
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-11-2013 01:56 AM
    but I m Vegetarian :D
    OK OK how about KFV = Kentucky Fried Vegetables there we go you are KFV
    Laura Knotek and mpt15 like this.
    10-11-2013 01:59 AM
    ok well I am going to take off now ....good night laura ... snowflake, 2 windows , LMZR, and KFV
    Last edited by sahib lopez; 10-11-2013 at 02:06 AM. Reason: almost forgot LMZR
    Laura Knotek and teckris like this.
    10-11-2013 02:04 AM
    ok well I am going to take off now ....good night laura ... snowflake, 2 windows , and KFV
    Good night Sahib.
    10-11-2013 02:05 AM
    ok well I am going to take off now ....good night laura ... snowflake, 2 windows , LMZR, and KFV
    I feel like yesterday when LaRUE didn't invite me :(
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    10-11-2013 02:30 AM
    I feel like yesterday when LaRUE didn't invite me :(
    LOL No offense but we won't be going to India for a year or so and when we do we'll probably be staying in expensive hotels. When do you finish your doctoral?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-11-2013 02:36 AM
    LOL No offense but we won't be going to India for a year or so and when we do we'll probably be staying in expensive hotels. When do you finish your doctoral?
    That's okay. ;-)

I'll probably have 4 years for this. If I can make it to India during this time, it will be for some conference. But when you get there, you should post pictures taken with your fancy new Lumia 1040, which will probably have 200 megapixel and look like this:

thegiantcamera.jpg
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-11-2013 02:46 AM
    I wrote a note: "Don't do that and that, or it will tear out the cable" now my colleague told me I have to write "tear out the plug".

So, question to you native English speakers, do I have to write plug or can I write cable?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-11-2013 02:58 AM
    I wrote a note: "Don't do that and that, or it will tear out the cable" now my colleague told me I have to write "tear out the plug".

So, question to you native English speakers, do I have to write plug or can I write cable?
    Depends on context.

What were you doing?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-11-2013 03:06 AM
    Weather in India is good between January and march. I would not recommend June to September.... The monsoon would just be too much of a shocker. Its pretty in the monsoon, but for health reasons its best to avoid the monsoon.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-11-2013 03:11 AM
    Depends on context.

What were you doing?
    During the night a shaker was positioned in a way that it always touched a cable with every movement. This cable powers the fridges and freezers. When I came to the lab today, these devices didn't have power anymore, and after some carried out research, I found out that the cable that it wasn't connected to the socket anymore.

Therefore I wrote a note that this shaker shouldn't be placed to far to the back, using the words "tear out the cable".
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-11-2013 03:11 AM
    Weather in India is good between January and march. I would not recommend June to September.... The monsoon would just be too much of a shocker. Its pretty in the monsoon, but for health reasons its best to avoid the monsoon.
    Trust me when we go it won't be during the monsoon season. I'm used to weird weather but I'm not crazy enough to go to India during the monsoon.
    10-11-2013 03:13 AM
    So, my Asus netbook running win XP is on an infinite loop of this screen. Its been 30mins :'(
    It just won't boot and I have a presentation to make.... Yikes!

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...b_NHmm579U&v=3
    10-11-2013 03:14 AM
    During the night a shaker was positioned in a way that it always touched a cable with every movement. This cable powers the fridges and freezers. When I came to the lab today, these devices didn't have power anymore, and after some carried out research, I found out that the cable that it wasn't connected to the socket anymore.

Therefore I wrote a note that this shaker shouldn't be placed to far to the back, using the words "tear out the cable".
    In this instance your friend is semi correct. A more approriate sign would read 'Do not place shaker too far back as it will pull the plug'.

The plug is what is inserted into the wall. The cable is what attaches the plug to the deivce. If it tore out the cable that would mean forciably removing it from the appliance or plug.
    Chregu likes this.
    10-11-2013 03:17 AM
    So, my Asus netbook running win XP is on an infinite loop of this screen. Its been 30mins :'(
    It just won't boot and I have a presentation to make.... Yikes!

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...b_NHmm579U&v=3
    Get a WinXp startup disk and do a repair on the boot.
    10-11-2013 03:17 AM
    In this instance your friend is semi correct. A more approriate sign would read 'Do not place shaker too far back as it will pull the plug'.

The plug is what is inserted into the wall. The cable is what attaches the plug to the deivce. If it tore out the cable that would mean forciably removing it from the appliance or plug.
    Well, she is postdoc and pretty great, so I can accept to be wrong :)

Thanks!
    mpt15 likes this.
    10-11-2013 03:19 AM
    Get a WinXp startup disk and do a repair on the boot.
    its a netbook. I dont have an external CD drive.
    10-11-2013 03:19 AM
    its a netbook. I dont have an external CD drive.
    Does it boot with USB? If so there are USB utilities you can get.
    mpt15 likes this.
    10-11-2013 03:20 AM
    Does it boot with USB? If so there are USB utilities you can get.
    I've never tried that.
    10-11-2013 03:22 AM
    What Asus netbook do you have? Do you have a USB drive handy?
    10-11-2013 03:24 AM
145,214 ... 471472473474475 ...