Today is my Friday .gotta like have Friday off 😁
    02-04-2016 08:52 AM
    Today is my Friday .gotta like have Friday off
    What a coincidence. Today is my Friday as well. I'm off tomorrow.

Main difference of course is that you've got it easy anyway and I'm off work...
    sahib lopez likes this.
    02-04-2016 08:53 AM
    Yes HIDs are bad. Very blinding as well.

Keep in mind I'm working with the latest in LED technology for industry. I know quite a bit about them. Not be authoritarian or anything but I've been around LED lighting technology for over two years now. Deal with several vendors and have seen the developments of new LEDs and fixtures.

LEDs work in the blue light spectrum so appear to be brighter than they actually are. Diffusers are what tone down LEDs. LEDs are very direct and need reflectors to throw the light properly. The light does spread like any other light but they have a tendency to glare significantly. 5000K LEDs are very very bright.

LEDs themselves are very robust and work great at low temperatures. They fail quickly at high temps (above 40C). They are low energy consuming and produce low heat. The drivers of LEDs are the main issue.They tend to be the heat source for LEDs and tend to be the point of failure. LEDs have a high and long inrush current creating spikes in initial energy when they are turned on and mellow out after awhile. Believe it or not too many on a circuit can cause issues even though the energy use is low mainly due to this inrush current especially on AC circuits.

On a car they obviously use DC LEDs. They don't suffer so much from inrush problems as their AC counterparts. They do have to be careful with the heat produced by the motor so will require special installation. When LEDs start to fail you need to replace the whole thing. You cannot replace just one LED in a cluster. This, I guess is where the car manufacturer will make some cash.

LEDs are supposed to be long running but that's based on climate controlled tests and extrapolated. There are not enough LED installations to prove the longevity of the claims of LEDs in real world situations. That's not saying they aren't good but we don't know for sure if the claims are 100% true. Even the vendors I deal with state this.
    The reliability is a problem indeed. Ours are doing quite good after 8 years, but they are in the rear lights. On the other hand, I have seen quite a lot of cars with LEDs not working, some in front and even more with only couple of LEDs working in rear lights, VW Passats from 2005 to 2010 are the most common.
    I don't know, when we are buying now car we will be going full LED because the car just looks better :)
    Laura Knotek and azcruz like this.
    02-04-2016 08:55 AM
    Another name I know them by every time I see HID when not properly installed is " Hello I'm a D***head"
    LOL😂 Didn't thought of that :D
    sahib lopez likes this.
    02-04-2016 08:56 AM
    The reliability is a problem indeed. Ours are doing quite good after 8 years, but they are in the rear lights. On the other hand, I have seen quite a lot of cars with LEDs not working, some in front and even more with only couple of LEDs working in rear lights, VW Passats from 2005 to 2010 are the most common.
    I don't know, when we are buying now car we will be going full LED because the car just looks better :)
    Well cars are really about two things aren't they? Looks and transportation. A lot of people think of the first before the second.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-04-2016 08:56 AM
    Well cars are really about two things aren't they? Looks and transportation. A lot of people think of the first before the second.
    Well I don't know but I think it will also be safer to have a car with good lights. Those on Clio are more or less s**t, not sure for Laguna though since I didn't drive it that much.
    02-04-2016 09:01 AM
    Another name I know them by every time I see HID when not properly installed is " Hello I'm a D***head"
    I've seen plenty of aftermarket ones and they are awful. The ones on my car are factory installed.
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    02-04-2016 09:02 AM

You have more work to do at your house.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-04-2016 09:03 AM
    You have more work to do at your house.
    HA! I'm barely getting started to be honest. The kitchen is almost done but there's lots more to do on my part...
    02-04-2016 09:17 AM
    Or Nexus devices for Google...
    That won't save them either.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-04-2016 10:35 AM
    Good morning everyone. Gotta make someone happy today, going to extend a job offer...
    Congrats to the candidate. Hope they come in and handle business.

I'm still in limbo. Good luck to them though...

Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-04-2016 10:36 AM
    Well, the supervisor has stepped in with a new decree that's sent my work day down the toilet. See y'all later...

Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    02-04-2016 10:37 AM
    02-04-2016 03:43 PM
    Well, the supervisor has stepped in with a new decree that's sent my work day down the toilet. See y'all later...

For a minute I thought it said "my supervisor stepped down and ended my work day early"
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    02-04-2016 06:44 PM
    I've seen plenty of aftermarket ones and they are awful. The ones on my car are factory installed.
    This!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-04-2016 06:45 PM

I have to look at the white line on the side of the road when super bight HID hit my eyes. :/
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-04-2016 06:46 PM
    Congrats to the candidate. Hope they come in and handle business.

I'm still in limbo. Good luck to them though...

I've had three trainers not make it through their probationary period. I am hoping this new one will come thru...
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    02-04-2016 06:49 PM

Yup I do ;) thought tomorrow I'm am going to take my buddy to the airport tomorrow since he's moving to south Carolina.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-04-2016 06:49 PM
    Yup I do ;) thought tomorrow I'm am going to take my buddy to the airport tomorrow since he's moving to south Carolina.
    When will you go visit him in South Carolina?
    02-04-2016 07:21 PM
    For a minute I thought it said "my supervisor stepped down and ended my work day early"
    Lol. FAR from it.

Posted approved via Moto Maxx
    sahib lopez likes this.
    02-04-2016 07:48 PM
    I'm here thinking to myself:

"I'd love to have a T-Mobile M8 to test out the new WP build". Then i think to myself:

"Maybe I'm better off not having one because the battery life is still **** and doesn't support quick charge currently on WP 10".

Damned if you do, damned if you don't...

azcruz and sahib lopez like this.
    02-04-2016 07:52 PM
    When he gets a big enough refund check to cover the cost of the trip...

02-04-2016 07:53 PM
    When he gets a big enough refund check to cover the cost of the trip...

Too far from Orland...
    02-04-2016 09:05 PM
    Maybe I spoke too soon...looks like I may get getting LTE on the M8. If I can get mms to work, then I'll take it for a test drive next week.
    02-04-2016 10:51 PM

I'm not sure I'll make sure to ask him tomorrow :) since he's going to live with his gf o.o
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-05-2016 12:24 AM
144,453 ... 47454746474747484749 ...