Worked fine for me when I had it in 2015. I have a new one right now and am not sure if I should keep the N5X or the Huawei Mate S.
    Yet there are fair amount of folks who say that they experienced lags and performance issues. I don't think they all got lemons.

Google overpriced it. Should have just thrown the 3GB RAM in it. If they weren't, should have better optimized it. I still don't understand why Google is getting a pass here when historically, janky performance from Nexus models at launch are a standard practice. The N5 with 4.4 at launch was just as bad. How is Google beta testing users on the Nexus line that much different from MSFT beta testing users since Windows Phone 7?

As much as i like fast updates, i prefer stable software more.

Posted approved via Moto Maxx
    02-09-2016 09:14 AM
    Yet there are fair amount of folks who say that they experienced lags and performance issues. I don't think they all got lemons.

Google overpriced it. Should have just thrown the 3GB RAM in it. If they weren't, should have better optimized it. I still don't understand why Google is getting a pass here when historically, janky performance from Nexus models at launch are a standard practice. The N5 with 4.4 at launch was just as bad. How is Google beta testing users on the Nexus line that much different from MSFT beta testing users since Windows Phone 7?

As much as i like fast updates, i prefer stable software more.

To each their own and that is why choice is a great thing. MSFT overpriced the 950 even more than Google and N5 on KitKat was way better than the current state of hot mess that WM10 is on any device that you try and run it on.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-09-2016 09:21 AM
    To each their own and that is why choice is a great thing. MSFT overpriced the 950 even more than Google and N5 on KitKat was way better than the current state of hot mess that WM10 is on any device that you try and run it on.
    The N5 on 4.4 was messy. Lots of articles online littered about. It got better on 4.4.2 and was awesome on 4.4.4. My pint still stands - N5 on 4.4 at launch is as bad as the 5X at launch, which is as bad as the 950 at launch.

None of the big 3 - MSFT, Apple and Google - have been immune from janky software. We all know MSFT didn't care about the 950 series enough to price them appropriately. So when the 10 people who bought them cry software issues, nobody hears it.

For the record, from what I've seen so far, this new build of Windows 10 runs fine on the M8. I'll use it for a day tomorrow just to test it out...so you really cannot say that Windows is crap on all hardware. MSFT should have had a more polished product at launch and alluding to adding updates ongoing to an incomplete OS is straight up laziness.

I like stable software. If i have to wait for it, I'm fine with that - as long as i get it. I don't mind people beta testing for their own choice, but the current excuse of OEMs releasing janky software on hardware they're charging rip-off prices for in the high-end market is bull****.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-09-2016 11:32 AM
    Can somebody explain to me the point of Reno 911? If they're trying to be sarcastic then i'm afraid they're not doing well.
    02-09-2016 02:01 PM
    Can somebody explain to me the point of Reno 911? If they're trying to be sarcastic then i'm afraid they're not doing well.
    They're being sarcastic, as it's supposed to be funny. If you don't find it funny, it just isn't your kind of humor.
    02-09-2016 06:14 PM
    So I'm spending the next two nights using the M8.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-09-2016 06:15 PM
    Where are they?
    Loose change...
    worldspy99 likes this.
    02-09-2016 08:28 PM
    Man my day is done and I noticed something after a few weeks in my history class. The US has always been anti immigration ._. The Chinese exclusion act of 1882 , the immigration act of 1922 and the national origins act. Something I learned :p
    02-09-2016 11:11 PM
    Man my day is done and I noticed something after a few weeks in my history class. The US has always been anti immigration ._. The Chinese exclusion act of 1882 , the immigration act of 1922 and the national origins act. Something I learned :p
    US wasn't the only country with these things and with the right wing movements these days they've resurfaced here and in other parts of the EU.

Sounds like you got a decent history teacher.
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    02-10-2016 12:40 AM
    We don't have problems with immigrants here, cause you know, who wants to live in Bosnia, lol.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    02-10-2016 12:57 AM
    We don't have problems with immigrants here, cause you know, who wants to live in Bosnia, lol.
    Bosnia Herzegovina, Sarajevo I smell a rat back in the day
    02-10-2016 01:07 AM
    US wasn't the only country with these things and with the right wing movements these days they've resurfaced here and in other parts of the EU.

Sounds like you got a decent history teacher.
    It's interesting that it's happening again , they are using same rhetoric that the nativist used back then.

He's good not becuse he has a masters degree In U.S history but he likes what he teaches and only used primary sources. Although he a hard teacher his lectures are very fun and informative.☺
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-10-2016 01:26 AM
    It's interesting that it's happening again , they are using same rhetoric that the nativist used back then.

He's good not becuse he has a masters degree In U.S history but he likes what he teaches and only used primary sources. Although he a hard teacher his lectures are very fun and informative.☺
    History is interesting when it's presented right. The main issue with a lot of American history classes is that they tend to do gloss over a lot of things. There's a lot of revisionism in US history and they have a tendency to make the so called 'heroes' very one dimensional when they're not. Which makes them boring to be honest.

But that's the American mindset unfortunately...
    02-10-2016 01:31 AM
    Morning It's Great day..
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-10-2016 01:48 AM
    I will have plaster for 3 more weeks, and I got C for a Slovene essay. Day could hardly be any worse...
    02-10-2016 05:00 AM
    The reason they've been anti immigration in a land of immigrants is simple...fear of the "other". The only people who weren't afraid fight away were the First Nation (aka Native Americans), but they realized real quick that the first European immigrants came here to grab land and resources really quick.

If you look through American history, all immigrant groups have suffered when they first got here, including Mexicans too (of which you should know about very well). Irish, Germans, Italians, Russians, Jews, Puerto Rican, Mexican, Cuban, Chinese, etc. You name it, there were laws in places to limit numbers who entered and other curtailing measures. Now the new folks of this are Muslims and Mexicans (again).

African-Americans (especially the US born ones) get put in a different label becuase of chattel slavery. The difference between the first 5 groups and everybody else is when the middle class was being reshaped, they were elevated into that void...and racially fit because they can pass as "white". If you look at the "white middle class", you'll see it littered in early generation immigrants from many countries, a significant number came from Israel, Italy, Germany, Ireland, Russia and other European countries.

Young man, you've got a lot to learn it's not even funny...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-10-2016 05:28 AM
    Morning folks. My day's already down the toilet...

02-10-2016 05:28 AM
    History is interesting when it's presented right. The main issue with a lot of American history classes is that they tend to do gloss over a lot of things. There's a lot of revisionism in US history and they have a tendency to make the so called 'heroes' very one dimensional when they're not. Which makes them boring to be honest.

But that's the American mindset unfortunately...
    They gloss over things because the people in charge only propose American history from experience - the lens of those in charge. They gloss over it because the people in charge want to sell the idea of chasing the American dream by inviting immigrants that they need to keep the country moving but curtail their access to true upward movement. This country is run on people in transition between economic classes. It ain't pretty, but life isn't here to win any beauty contests.

Only the really curious or educated have a better sense of what American history is like.

sahib lopez and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-10-2016 05:33 AM
    They gloss over things because the people in charge only propose American history from experience - the lens of those in charge. They gloss over it because the people in charge want to sell the idea of chasing the American dream by inviting immigrants that they need to keep the country moving but curtail their access to true upward movement. This country is run on people in transition between economic classes. It ain't pretty, but life isn't here to win any beauty contests.

Only the really curious or educated have a better sense of what American history is like.

Sadly this type of thinking exists in many countries. Australia was rampant with revisionist history and lots of denial over the past. Especially by those who wanted the past to stay in the past. There's lots of brush off.

Here in the UK the right wing groups talk of nationalism (typically) and of the laws of the UK being controlled by an external body (EU courts) and of course free movement of EU nationals which the UK just classes as immigration. Revisionism is a big part of their spiel. Making the UK 'great' again might sound familiar. Lots of mention of how things 'used' to be. The UK is a country made of immigrants from all over the EU and elsewhere. Has been for centuries if not millennia.

A lot of blame is put on the EU for the problems within the UK these days however the problems in the UK is because of UK policy and not the EU. Sure having masses of people wanting to come to your country is problematic, especially a tiny one like the UK but that isn't the reason why Joe 'average white guy' is sitting in his council flat without at job feeling that his entitlement is not being met because 'immigrants' are taking all the jobs at low wages. Not true of course but that's perception.

I'm sure that sounds familiar to people in the US and I can definitely tell you it's not only the US, UK, Canada and Australia that feel this way. Any country where immigration is perceived as high these types of feelings happen. People feel threatened as you pointed out.

The world is a crazy place and to be honest I hate nationalism and the idea of 'country'. I don't have a better solution but it just seems to create more issues than solves.
    02-10-2016 06:00 AM
    Sadly this type of thinking exists in many countries. Australia was rampant with revisionist history and lots of denial over the past. Especially by those who wanted the past to stay in the past. There's lots of brush off.

Here in the UK the right wing groups talk of nationalism (typically) and of the laws of the UK being controlled by an external body (EU courts) and of course free movement of EU nationals which the UK just classes as immigration. Revisionism is a big part of their spiel. Making the UK 'great' again might sound familiar. Lots of mention of how things 'used' to be. The UK is a country made of immigrants from all over the EU and elsewhere. Has been for centuries if not millennia.

A lot of blame is put on the EU for the problems within the UK these days however the problems in the UK is because of UK policy and not the EU. Sure having masses of people wanting to come to your country is problematic, especially a tiny one like the UK but that isn't the reason why Joe 'average white guy' is sitting in his council flat without at job feeling that his entitlement is not being met because 'immigrants' are taking all the jobs at low wages. Not true of course but that's perception.

I'm sure that sounds familiar to people in the US and I can definitely tell you it's not only the US, UK, Canada and Australia that feel this way. Any country where immigration is perceived as high these types of feelings happen. People feel threatened as you pointed out.

The world is a crazy place and to be honest I hate nationalism and the idea of 'country'. I don't have a better solution but it just seems to create more issues than solves.
    Ibid.

Just human nature at work. The whole thing is just sad and ultimately pointless. But, that's the world we live in now...
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-10-2016 07:01 AM
    Was looking forward to landing a G4, but that's now off the table...maybe permanently too. I'll have to get mms running on this m8, but it may be here to stay.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-10-2016 07:03 AM
    99, so far Xiaomi's Piston 3 headphones are very solid. I think I like the sound quality on my Marley's better, but these will work.

Yes, volume controls work on both Android and WP.
    sahib lopez and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-10-2016 07:05 AM
    Hey Mods, are we still allowed to use the thanks button via mobile? I've noticed using the Windows Central apps (both on Android one and on the WP legacy app), there's either a delay or I cannot use the thanks.

Maybe it's just me, but I figured I'd just ask...
    sahib lopez likes this.
    02-10-2016 07:09 AM
    Hey Mods, are we still allowed to use the thanks button via mobile? I've noticed using the Windows Central apps (both on Android one and on the WP legacy app), there's either a delay or I cannot use the thanks.

Maybe it's just me, but I figured I'd just ask...

For me on tapatalk there is no more thank button only like
    02-10-2016 08:38 AM
    Hump. Day is here one more day till Thursday 😁
    02-10-2016 08:42 AM
144,427 ... 47524753475447554756 ...