The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    FIFA approved testings for 'video technology' that'll be used by referees in real time on the field, in season 2016-2017.
    Now i wonder why haven't they done this years ago, cause technology has been part of NFL for some time now.
    Last edited by Rose640; 03-06-2016 at 12:38 PM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-06-2016 10:17 AM
    Added a bass track and a string track to this one.. Lengthened it to a little over 3 minutes.

https://soundcloud.com/ed-boland/piano-bar-downtown-ii
    How come you are making beats :)? Are you planing to sell them or something
    Ed Boland likes this.
    03-06-2016 12:25 PM
    FIFA approved testings for 'video technology' that'll be used by reffrees in real time on the field, in season 2016-2017.
    Now i wonder why haven't they done this years ago, cause technology has been part of NFL for some time now.
    Because I guess there wasn't a "need" hey at least now soccer players will cut back on the fake injuries ;)
    03-06-2016 12:27 PM
    Because I guess there wasn't a "need" hey at least now soccer players will cut back on the fake injuries ;)
    There was always a need. The number of occasions where a referee mistake or player's faking has determined the outcome of the match is just ridicolous. I'm talking about European, World cup, Champions League etc. The excuse for not using any of the technology was that they didn't want to loose 'the authenticity and tradition of the game'.
    They tryed to compensate by adding two extra referees behind the goal lines, which turned out to be a totally bad idea, since even those line idiots would not be able to see what actually happened.

I'm just waiting to see what'll happen.
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    03-06-2016 12:43 PM
    With all the people howling at how slow both Samsung and the carriers are, to me it still says a lot when my GF on her Verizon branded Note 5 got 6.0 today and me on my Maxx unlocked still cannot even sniff 5.1.1. Now the VZW version of my phone - the Droid Turbo - hasn't gotten the update yet. In fact, only last week did Droid Turbo 2 owners on Verizon got the upgrade.

Still, it says a lot to me. I like Moto, really did, but if I get a G4, it's going to get a lot more use than my Maxx.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    03-06-2016 01:58 PM
    I'm still waiting for my 6.0 update too on my Moto G. But than again, my Galaxy Tab Pro is still stuck on Android 4.4 so...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-06-2016 02:21 PM
    I'm still waiting for my 6.0 update too on my Moto G. But than again, my Galaxy Tab Pro is still stuck on Android 4.4 so...
    From what I saw, Moto G 2014 users are next on the list.

Sport Driver and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-06-2016 04:08 PM
    From what I saw, Moto G 2014 users are next on the list.

Well most of the world got it, only Europe is waiting now. Hopefully won't take too long. It was about the same time last year I got 5.0
    03-06-2016 04:10 PM
    With all the people howling at how slow both Samsung and the carriers are, to me it still says a lot when my GF on her Verizon branded Note 5 got 6.0 today and me on my Maxx unlocked still cannot even sniff 5.1.1. Now the VZW version of my phone - the Droid Turbo - hasn't gotten the update yet. In fact, only last week did Droid Turbo 2 owners on Verizon got the upgrade.

Still, it says a lot to me. I like Moto, really did, but if I get a G4, it's going to get a lot more use than my Maxx.

Oh my that really sucks on how long they take to update it. to think google will show what Andriod N will looks like in this year Google I/O
    03-06-2016 07:16 PM
    I got no such problems on my Nexus 9 LTE😉
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-06-2016 11:55 PM
    How come you are making beats :)? Are you planing to sell them or something
    Huh? I make "beats" because I enjoy it. This MIDI controller keyboard thing is something new I've been playing with, but I've been composing and recording music as a guitar player for well over 30 years. It's something I love doing and will continue to do, with or without any monetary gain. You want to buy something?

lol "beats"...

Here's one small collection of some of my original recordings. Varied styles.. All for fun!

SoundClick artist: EDRo - page with MP3 music downloads

There's also a link in my sig to my YouTube channel where I have a bunch of videos of various cover songs I do on the guitar....
    sahib lopez likes this.
    03-07-2016 07:55 AM
    That was really one of the strangest things I've ever been asked Sahib.. lol

Wow...
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    03-07-2016 07:57 AM
    That was really one of the strangest things I've ever been asked Sahib.. lol

Wow...
    Sahib never ceases to amaze😀
    Ed Boland, N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    03-07-2016 08:12 AM
    Good morning everyone... From a very rainy Southern California☺
    Ed Boland and MSFTisMIA like this.
    03-07-2016 08:13 AM
    Morning!
    03-07-2016 08:41 AM

There's also a link in my sig to my YouTube channel where I have a bunch of videos of various cover songs I do on the guitar....
    Oh yeah.... We don't have "Sigs" anymore here.. lol well, I used to have a link!
    sahib lopez likes this.
    03-07-2016 08:43 AM
    Huh? I make "beats" because I enjoy it. This MIDI controller keyboard thing is something new I've been playing with, but I've been composing and recording music as a guitar player for well over 30 years. It's something I love doing and will continue to do, with or without any monetary gain. You want to buy something?

lol "beats"...

Here's one small collection of some of my original recordings. Varied styles.. All for fun!

SoundClick artist: EDRo - page with MP3 music downloads

Sorry I didn't mean to minimize your hobby not my intention 😕.the reason I ask is becuse you know what you are doing so I figured maybe you would sell some on the side since it's not cheep to buy the apps and equipment.
    03-07-2016 08:45 AM
    Sahib never ceases to amaze😀

Sometimes I wonder why I open my mouth 😶
    03-07-2016 08:46 AM
    Good morning everyone... From a very rainy Southern California☺

The winds up Here have uprooted some small trees and knocked some power lines.
    03-07-2016 08:48 AM
    One more week till spring break. ! Hurrah
    03-07-2016 08:51 AM
    Sometimes I wonder why I open my mouth 😶
    There is a line of people as long as the one outside an In N Out joint near my house that are wondering the same thing😁
    Ed Boland and MSFTisMIA like this.
    03-07-2016 09:12 AM
    Back to teaching statistics for the next three days...
    03-07-2016 09:13 AM
    Sorry I didn't mean to minimize your hobby not my intention ��.the reason I ask is becuse you know what you are doing so I figured maybe you would sell some on the side since it's not cheep to buy the apps and equipment.
    lol it's ok.

The site(s) I've been using to host some of my music (soundclick.com and soundcloud) do have options to "monetize" my music, but I've never really been into all that. I'm too lazy to keep up with it all really.. I rather play for personal enjoyment, and occasionally share some of my works/recordings.

I honestly haven't checked on my songs at soundclick in a while. Some of them have made it up the charts. One made it to #11 on their alternative chart, out of 186k + songs.. that made me feel pretty good!

this one:

SoundClick artist: EDRo - "Ed's Alternative"
    sahib lopez and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-07-2016 09:25 AM
    SoundClick artist: EDRo - Jam 26.3

Y'all don't mind my shameless self promotion do yas? lol I mean it IS the ***** thread.. I mean "150k challenge" thread.

(we have a similar thread called the "***** thread" over on the automotive forums)
    MSFTisMIA and sahib lopez like this.
    03-07-2016 09:32 AM
    There's like 37 songs... Here's another!

Some of these are mixed electronic arrangements with guitar, synth, drum tracks.. you name it.

SoundClick artist: EDRo - "Grand"
    sahib lopez and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-07-2016 09:36 AM
142,793 ... 47804781478247834784 ...