WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Hmmm...just passing some time reading some reviews on the Z2, 1520/930 cameras. Interesting stuff...makes me want to take am amateur photography class.

Posted Approved by Nexus 7 (2013)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'll echo MIA here. Sorry to hear that.

The death thing is tough. In a span of 12 months, my grandmother (dad's mom - 11/2013), my guardian who raised me (01/2014) and my grandaunt (mom's side - 10/2014) passed. It never gets easier to manage these things the older you get.

Posting 1+1 Style!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

It never gets easier to manage these things the older you get.

Agreed. And the older you get, the chances of losing someone close to you exponentiates. Ever since my best friend died back in '06, I've found myself never wanting to get too close to anyone again.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Agreed. And the older you get, the chances of losing someone close to you exponentiates. Ever since my best friend died back in '06, I've found myself never wanting to get too close to anyone again.

Well, that's the choice you've made. I've learned to just enjoy people as they are. Respect their individuality, agree to disagree and critique their actions and behaviors - not them as a person.

I told the GF this Sunday night before she fell asleep as we talked about our relationship that if I knew I had one night only with a loved one I'd rather take the opportunity of spending the best night ever know that they had to leave forever in the morning, rather than focusing on the fact that they are leaving in the morning forever during the night I have with them.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

that if I knew I had one night only with a loved one I'd rather take the opportunity of spending the best night ever knowing that they had to leave forever in the morning, rather than focusing on the fact that they are leaving in the morning forever during the night I have with them.

I understand this philosophy. Living life for the moment, rather than dwelling on tomorrow isn't bad advice. But see what I've put in bold
... it's when you don't know...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I understand this philosophy. Living life for the moment, rather than dwelling on tomorrow isn't bad advice. But see what I've put in bold
... it's when you don't know...

That's the beauty of life. If you treat each moment with great value, when those times arise when you don't know and the person is gone, it allows you to keep their memories alive in a healthy perspective. There are other ways to handle it, but what I share is how I choose to handle it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I still like lumia hardware. I'm curious to see what comes out with MSFT officially in charge.

I honestly was tempted to just repair that 720 and keep it as my check in/keep and eye on WP device, but I decided I still needed to keep something high end.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

For the record, HTC, Nokia, Sony Ericsson and the old Apple are my favorite all time OEM brands. In terms of modern stuff, my list is HTC, Sony and Moto. I used to enjoy Samsung back in the days (them and RIM were honorary mentions on my list) but I have a taste for not using devices or brands everyone likes.

If I were asked to make the best Android device for me, I'd have a mix like this:

1) The Z2's design + the Z3's internals + Z3v's Qi support + OPO's RAW support for the camera + OIS + Moto's smart apps.

2) The Moto Droid Turbo's internals and dimensions + Qi support + Micro SD support + waterproofing + OIS + OPO's RAW support.

For the best WP device, I'd actually use the 930's design + IPS screen + glance support + SD 801+ 3GB RAM +Qi + a 2800mah battery +64GB internal + water proofing.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I still like the W8 (M8 for Windows). I don't mind the camera but I would need an android phone with a camera as good as the 1520/930 as my go to camera and I don't want a note 4. Just love that design and those speakers, I guess...I almost went and got a GPE model on the Android side. Almost.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So my plan is to repair a 720 and keep it as my travel abroad phone or when my friend comes to visit me in May sell it to him. I honestly think it would made a great fit as a phone for my aunt.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb