What you had sounded kind of serious. Hope you get well soon.

I've somehow avoided getting sick even though everyone around me has been.
    I never get sick either (knock on wood) but for the last week or so, I've had this runny nose thing that's just been weird. Like allergies or something... but I've never had allergies!
    Idk,.. A sinus cold?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-17-2016 01:03 PM
    You know what the Monty Python boys would say about smartphones in 2016....
    "Nobody expects the Chinese inquisition"!

Folks, the wait is over....the Chinese have officially arrived...
    Vlad Savov, the only sane egg over at The Verge has given the Mi5 a score of over 8!
    Woot!
    Xiaomi Mi 5 review: an alarmingly good smartphone | The Verge
    Quick follow up / update:
    I am planning to get one. Hopefully in April, stay tuned.
    Laura Knotek and Ed Boland like this.
    03-17-2016 01:29 PM
    I never get sick either (knock on wood) but for the last week or so, I've had this runny nose thing that's just been weird. Like allergies or something... but I've never had allergies!
    Idk,.. A sinus cold?
    I hope you get rid of it quickly!
    Ed Boland likes this.
    03-17-2016 01:31 PM

Vlad Savov, the only sane egg over at The Verge has given the Mi5 a score of over 8!
    Woot!
    I don't know who I dislike more these days...The Verge or John V. at Phonearena who does all the reviews and gives non Samsung and Apple models a 7/10...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 03-17-2016 at 02:14 PM.
    Laura Knotek and Ed Boland like this.
    03-17-2016 01:39 PM
    I don't know who I dislike more these days...The Verge or John V. at Phonearena who does all the reviews and gives none Samsung and Apple models a 7/10...

It's jooooooooooohhhhhhnnnnnnnnn vvvvv from phone arena. I dislike then both
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    03-17-2016 01:45 PM
    Ed I'm digging your new set up..👌
    Ed Boland likes this.
    03-17-2016 01:46 PM
    Looks like it is the end of the my 810 getting any more updates. It was good while it lasted!
    Ed Boland likes this.
    03-17-2016 01:47 PM
    Also in othet news I bought the hp envy 8 . I got a student discount plus the pi day sale in the Microsoft online store.
    03-17-2016 01:48 PM
    It's jooooooooooohhhhhhnnnnnnnnn vvvvv from phone arena. I dislike then both
    He's got a hard on for Apple that's as big as Donald Trump's ego. I tell you, when I want laughs I read the Phonearena's comments section. When I want serious reviews i go arstechnica, gsmarena, pocket now, technobuffalo, here and Android Central. Used to love anandtech but the writing there has slipped some. Most other places are a joke, especially iMore and The Verge.

Android authority is OK too but their site is too ad infested and hard to read on mobile.

sahib lopez and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-17-2016 02:18 PM
    Also in othet news I bought the hp envy 8 . I got a student discount plus the pi day sale in the Microsoft online store.
    Mini-review!

03-17-2016 02:19 PM
    Hey Laura, this is really bad...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14...ds-browns-home

Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-17-2016 02:24 PM
    He's got a hard on for Apple that's as big as Donald Trump's ego. I tell you, when I want laughs I read the Phonearena's comments section. When I want serious reviews i go arstechnica, gsmarena, pocket now, technobuffalo, here and Android Central. Used to love anandtech but the writing there has slipped some. Most other places are a joke, especially iMore and The Verge.

Android authority is OK too but their site is too ad infested and hard to read on mobile.

I am enjoying more techno buffalo and pockets now videos just because they don't seem to have a bias towards any phone that's comes out. If you seen pocket now and how Juan does his reviews and videos he brings a lot to the discussion unlike phone arena John V where he gives Apple a pass on everything
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-17-2016 03:07 PM
    Mini-review!

Will do I'm quite excited for a 8in Tablet
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-17-2016 03:07 PM

Woot!
    His videos are the only ones i can really watch. Others are so biased and full of crap.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-17-2016 04:16 PM
    I am enjoying more techno buffalo and pockets now videos just because they don't seem to have a bias towards any phone that's comes out. If you seen pocket now and how Juan does his reviews and videos he brings a lot to the discussion unlike phone arena John V where he gives Apple a pass on everything
    Mike Fisher on pocknetnow is the ****! (The other guys there too are really good, but Mike has the dramatic voice which kills it)

Having said that, I always like reviews who give me more to chew on as I'm learning about the device. That's why I like how WPC and AC here do their reviews. Even the cmaera shoot out reviews on AC are pretty good. Never liked reviewers who focus alot on the spec sheet and the same old cons as everyone else. If a phone has flaws, then it has flaws...but you can tell who really used the phones and who knows how to write for a specific audience.

03-17-2016 04:21 PM

Haven't watched any of iMore's videos, so can't really judge them. But just like you, there are times when i go to Verge's videos and read the comment section. God bless trolls.

The very first phone review i've watched was on PocketNow. That guy has a killer voice.
    Quick follow up / update:
    I am planning to get one. Hopefully in April, stay tuned.
    Mini-review! Definitely! My guess is that this is the sleeper hit of H1 2016...

Laura Knotek likes this.
    Will do I'm quite excited for a 8in Tablet
    That's why I love my Z3 Tablet Compact. One of my top 5 buys of all time. When 6.0.1 hits it'll get better, but as is the only thing I'd want is multiwindow.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-17-2016 04:23 PM
    Mini-review! Definitely! My guess is that this is the sleeper hit of H1 2016...

It seems that we'll have a whole bunch of these soon.
    03-17-2016 04:24 PM
    Mike Fisher on pocknetnow is the ****! (The other guys there too are really good, but Mike has the dramatic voice which kills it)

Having said that, I always like reviews who give me more to chew on as I'm learning about the device. That's why I like how WPC and AC here do their reviews. Even the cmaera shoot out reviews on AC are pretty good. Never liked reviewers who focus alot on the spec sheet and the same old cons as everyone else. If a phone has flaws, then it has flaws...but you can tell who really used the phones and who knows how to write for a specific audience.

There were some atrocious videos by WC in the time when those new devices came out. You don't need tk make a video showing how to change certain setting. Just write an article.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-17-2016 04:28 PM
    Haven't read Kafka's Process and i need to have that ready for tomorrow. I skulled the class (Jamaican style, TY MIA, lol) last Friday so i'm definetely going to be targeted by that substitute professor.
    Well, Wikipedia here i come.
    03-17-2016 04:36 PM
    03-17-2016 04:39 PM
    Haven't read Kafka's Process and i need to have that ready for tomorrow. I skulled the class (Jamaican style, TY MIA, lol) last Friday so i'm definetely going to be targeted by that substitute professor.
    Well, Wikipedia here i come.
    If you're gonna skull a class, you'd better not do your reading last minute...that's some amateur hour **** right there...

...so good luck with that...

Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    03-17-2016 04:43 PM
    Sahib, I see a Verizon logo. What's up with that?

03-17-2016 04:44 PM
    So I notice that the M8 isn't on the initial list for Windows 10 OTAs. Interesting...

03-17-2016 04:44 PM
144,791 ... 47944795479647974798 ...