I'm probably not the best person to ask. I've never used an Apple product and don't plan to ever own one. I have nothing against Apple personally, to each their own. I do know the academic sciences use Apple products quite a bit so having an iPad could be ideal. They do have the best and largest 'quality' app selection though Android isn't too far behind. You can get a bluetooth keyboard.
    Thanks. Well, I can wait a little bit longer and see how the market develops. Maybe it would be a good thing to look at the new Atom processors for a Windows 8 (not RT) tablet, and compare it with the new iPad that likely will be presented at the end of the year. There's no Android tablet I really like at the moment. Maybe the new Nexus 7, but its screen is too small...

I also have to see what computer I'll get in the new lab and adjust the rest to it.

It's always a good day when you have a free lunch! :D
    Great :)
    07-31-2013 09:04 AM
    Thanks. Well, I can wait a little bit longer and see how the market develops. Maybe it would be a good thing to look at the new Atom processors for a Windows 8 (not RT) tablet, and compare it with the new iPad that likely will be presented at the end of the year. There's no Android tablet I really like at the moment. Maybe the new Nexus 7, but its screen is too small...
    They do make a Nexus 10" as well. I currently have the Note 2 but don't use it to it's full potential. I like it regardless of what people say about Samsung and Android.

It will be interesting to see what comes out with regards to W8.1 tablets. It's possible they may make some headway with a full blown OS on them.

I also have to see what computer I'll get in the new lab and adjust the rest to it.
    That's probably the best option. If you have an Apple machine probably best to get an iPad.
    07-31-2013 09:10 AM
    They do make a Nexus 10" as well. I currently have the Note 2 but don't use it to it's full potential. I like it regardless of what people say about Samsung and Android.

It will be interesting to see what comes out with regards to W8.1 tablets. It's possible they may make some headway with a full blown OS on them.
    Yes, the Note would probably be the best option. But I think I wouldn't use the pen much, and the Galaxy Tab 3 has just gotten terrible reviews.

That's probably the best option. If you have an Apple machine probably best to get an iPad.
    If I remember right most people had an iMac, but I was more focused on the people and the science. At my current lab I was able to choose, could have had a Macbook Pro, but decided to take a Windows 7 station.

We will see, interesting times are coming in any case :)
    07-31-2013 09:16 AM
    Where the gdr2 update for the Nokia 928?
    07-31-2013 09:17 AM
    Where the gdr2 update for the Nokia 928?
    Wrong thread to ask. None of us know nor care. It will come when it comes. Until then be happy.
    07-31-2013 09:19 AM
    Clearing out a lot of junk from my garage. Feels good when it's done. :-)

Sent by airwaves using Tapatalk 2.
    N_LaRUE, Chregu and BIGPADDY like this.
    07-31-2013 09:21 AM
    I'll probably feel the same the day I decide to ship my container over from Australia or go to Australia and empty it!
    07-31-2013 09:22 AM
    I'll probably feel the same the day I decide to ship my container over from Australia or go to Australia and empty it!
    Just looked at your avatar.

I'm reading "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" at the moment again, because I have never read the sequels and wanted to get warm first.
    07-31-2013 09:29 AM
    I don't wanna go to work.... So damn tired, fml
    07-31-2013 09:32 AM
    Just looked at your avatar.

I'm reading "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" at the moment again, because I have never read the sequels and wanted to get warm first.
    Remember - 42 :)

I didn't like 5 that much - Mostly Harmless and I've heard 6 isn't that good either but 6 isn't written by Douglas Adams anyway. I have them all as eBooks.

In case you missed the intro - I'm a Canadian, living in the UK with an Australian passport....
    07-31-2013 09:35 AM
    I don't wanna go to work.... So damn tired, fml
    Coffee? Perferrably something strong?
    07-31-2013 09:36 AM
    In case you missed the intro - I'm a Canadian, living in the UK with an Australian passport....
    Isn't that all the same? All your base are belong to the queen. ;-)
    07-31-2013 10:14 AM
    Currently designing a website for a client. Don't you hate it when you need to do something but your mind won't work!?
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    07-31-2013 10:17 AM
    Isn't that all the same? All your base are belong to the queen. ;-)
    LOL! Well yes and no. Technically I am not allowed to just live in Australia or the UK simply because I'm part of the Commonwealth. You also can't live in the UK just because you're from Australia either, though there was a deal of some sort between the two at one point but I don't think it's on anymore. I think Aussies were allowed a 2 year visa in the UK and I think the Brits were allowed the same in Oz. I also believe it was easier to immigrate between the two.

So I am a dual citizen of Canada and Australia due to my partner. I am in the UK because my partner is dual Oz and EU and I was able to get a five year visa here.
    07-31-2013 10:22 AM
    Currently designing a website for a client. Don't you hate it when you need to do something but your mind won't work!?
    Happens all the time for me. Sigh. Doesn't help that I'm starting vacation after tomorrow for a week so even less interest.
    07-31-2013 10:23 AM
    So I'm going to post some pictures of a place I stayed at when I lived in Australia on a project (only 9 months)

View from first floor -

dsc02224.jpg
    07-31-2013 10:35 AM
    Sunrise taken from second floor balcony.

dsc02140.jpg
    Muessig likes this.
    07-31-2013 10:38 AM
    Incoming storm from second balcony.

img_4934.jpg
    Muessig and BIGPADDY like this.
    07-31-2013 10:40 AM
    Coffee? Perferrably something strong?
    Sadly nope, Ramadan :P. I'll pull off a nap somewhere during my lunch break lol, thanks for the suggestion anyways!
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-31-2013 10:43 AM
    Man this thread has screeched to a halt.
    07-31-2013 11:30 AM
    I know what you mean, you need so.e motivational music!
    07-31-2013 11:38 AM
    Incoming storm from second balcony.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4934.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	180.2 KB 
ID:	38714
    That a beautiful photo.
    07-31-2013 11:39 AM
    One more day of work!!!

WAHOO!!!
    07-31-2013 11:40 AM
    It raining hooray!
    07-31-2013 11:41 AM
    I want more that Pepsi Max Cherry cant get enough of it!
    07-31-2013 11:41 AM
145,241 ... 4647484950 ...