The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Morning folks. Another day at the funny farm. Looking to tweak my workshop sessions again today. It's not every day you get to do a workshop in a moving boathouse, so I should be looking forward to doing this in the boondocks of Manhattan tomorrow...(yes Upper Manhattan has the boonies)

Posted approved via Moto Maxx
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-23-2016 08:12 AM
    I know everyone has their opinion but i just find it hard to read whenever people use something and keep bashing it all the time.

Complaining is one of the most annoying human habits ever, to me. Fix what you can fix and work around what you cannot change. I'm fine with venting but ******** about something at every opportunity is in fact complaining. It's annoying to read and annoying to hear. I have colleagues at work who complain about every little thing and i swear, I'd rather go in a dark room and actively watch paint dry by candlelight.

(Drops mic)

03-23-2016 08:17 AM
    I know everyone has their opinion but i just find it hard to read whenever people use something and keep bashing it all the time.

Complaining is one of the most annoying human habits ever, to me. Fix what you can fix and work around what you cannot change. I'm fine with venting but ******** about something at every opportunity is in fact complaining. It's annoying to read and annoying to hear. I have colleagues at work who complain about every little thing and i swear, I'd rather go in a dark room and actively watch paint dry by candlelight.

(Drops mic)

The paint on my walls take 2 hours to dry. Just enough time for a good meditation session.... :D

Agree about the continuous bashing...
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-23-2016 08:23 AM
    My Pi day purchase arrived yesterday. Whoa, this is a nice device, except the location of the camera which I knew about prior to the purchase, no complaints. This is a slick laptop. Very happy with the purchase.
    Attached Thumbnails wp_20160322_21_45_35_pro.jpg  
    03-23-2016 08:38 AM
    I'm looking forward to playing with the G5 in stores. As much as i like the feel of the G4, if i were buying today and had the cash, i may have gone for the G5 in silver and paired it with my Moto 360, which is now with the titanium-silver look.

I still question the modules - not that they're a bad idea but has a Gen one setup in skeptical - and frankly i don't think it'll sell...the G4 sold OK last year as good as it was. Still, the G5 is interesting enough to me where perhaps if i was in a different place I'd take a flyer on it.

Maybe i have a thing for metal but I'd also try a M9 as a backup to the G5 under that scenario. I won't do that now because i have a Windows M8 that fills my HTC + Windows itch and my Maxx isn't going anywhere.

Still, i think the M9 was good enough - not as bad as they made it out to be.

I'm looking forward for the HTC W10. It looks like it's going to be a good looking device
    03-23-2016 08:44 AM
    You mean knock off launchers? I'm better off sticking with crap droid usual look. Home screen launchers for Windows 10 are horrible on Android.

I dislike launchers anyway. They take up space and ram

Why not use the launcher that MSFT garage team made?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-23-2016 08:47 AM
    It's hump. Day! Only two more days of. School then the weekend 😀
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-23-2016 08:48 AM
    Why not use the launcher that MSFT garage team made?
    It looks nothing like W10 for starters. I personally don't like it but that's me.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-23-2016 08:55 AM
    It's hump. Day! Only two more days of. School then the weekend
    What you don't get Easter Friday?

For me it's a four day weekend. Looking forward to it.
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    03-23-2016 09:01 AM
    What you don't get Easter Friday?

For me it's a four day weekend. Looking forward to it.
    Neither do we, and I'm sick on top of everything. This sucks.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-23-2016 09:49 AM
    I'm looking forward for the HTC W10. It looks like it's going to be a good looking device
    Don't think HTC will make a Windows version of the "M10". Still plan to play with it in stores anyways.

Interesting how i can now get a brand new G4 for $350 included shipping. Oh, the temptation...

Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-23-2016 10:38 AM
    I low-key miss when windows central forums were actually centrally about Windows. Still visit but such an annoyance when I constantly see Android, iOS and google things lol. I need me another windows centric forum to fill the void ☺
    03-23-2016 11:11 AM
    I low-key miss when windows central forums were actually centrally about Windows. Still visit but such an annoyance when I constantly see Android, iOS and google things lol. I need me another windows centric forum to fill the void ☺
    Would you stop ******** already? You're becoming a bit annoying.
    03-23-2016 12:17 PM
    I took it off to do some cleaning the other day, and now I've been trying to decide if I like it with or without the pick gaurd. What do you guys think?

My 2003 ('59 reissue) Gibson Les Paul Custom Wine Red

With...
    image.jpeg

Or without...?
    image.jpeg
    03-23-2016 12:43 PM
    I took it off to do some cleaning the other day, and now I've been trying to decide if I like it with or without the pick gaurd. What do you guys think?

My 2003 ('59 reissue) Gibson Les Paul Custom Wine Red

With...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	10 
Size:	3.03 MB 
ID:	124170

Or without...?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	8 
Size:	2.89 MB 
ID:	124171
    Looks better without it to me.
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    03-23-2016 03:00 PM
    Neither do we, and I'm sick on top of everything. This sucks.
    Hope you're feeling better soon.
    03-23-2016 03:28 PM
    Looks better without it to me.
    I agree.
    Rose640 likes this.
    03-23-2016 03:30 PM
    Looks like I missed nothing here...

This is the part where I'd normally talk about a patient who disclosed to me how she was "getting to home plate" with her boyfriend (that's for you Sahib) in a car and the cops interrupted their fine activities, but tiredness and HIPAA preclude me from going into further details...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    03-23-2016 08:33 PM
    I'm too lazy to go iron to get ready for work tomorrow. I should be looking forward to doing a workshop in a rocking boathouse, but I'm not in the mood for any "Rock The Boat" reference jokes...

03-23-2016 08:35 PM
    I'm just say, it has been fun using my titanium-silver looking 360 (2014). Indo have some scuff marks already near the clasp, but overall I'm pleased. It makes me yearn for the Sony stainless steel strap, but I'm not paying between $150-$180 for it. Don't feel like giving away any more money tomsupport any more half *** support. I like Sony but I'm on a "say no to half *** efforts by OEMs" kick...

Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    03-23-2016 08:38 PM
    I really want to see 6.0.1 on my Maxx...it is hard to find a balanced phone to fully fit my needs these days, amidsts all the choices out there...

03-23-2016 08:42 PM
    Totally understand your point about launchers.

If you are interested there is this - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...r.wp.ten&hl=en

It's actually not that bad. It's not W10 but it's decent.

Personally I have no issues with Android's interface but then I'm a 'utility' type person. I can care less about live tiles or what things look like. I just want the ability to do what I want. That's more important to me than looks. That's why Android suits me currently.
    I like function over form too these days. Anything that's too visually flashy without much substance behind it is most likely too high maintenance and not always worth it. Had a few exes like that too...

03-23-2016 08:43 PM
    Is it bad that there's a post on here I really want to like but if I do, as a regular poster here, it'll look nefarious?

N_LaRUE likes this.
    03-23-2016 08:46 PM
    I need to get off my butt and go get ready for work tomorrow. Problem is, I'm not that excited to go to the funny farm after the past few days...

N_LaRUE likes this.
    03-23-2016 08:48 PM
    So how I work with colleagues who are stubborn and act like they know it all?

I ignore them and leave them to their own devices. I'm getting good at this now, since I have a ton of practice these days...

Ed Boland and N_LaRUE like this.
    03-23-2016 08:49 PM
142,733 ... 48044805480648074808 ...