Oddly enough in of today as well so only three days of work. I have no prom to go to though. ;)
    Did you miss going to the prom, oh say about 25+ years ago?
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    04-01-2016 09:40 AM
    So I'm getting new tyres on the car today. It's about time too. I'm looking forward to a smoother ride. :)
    Same here....the last set didn't even last three years...

I'm getting the GoodYear Assurance ones.
    Ed Boland likes this.
    04-01-2016 09:41 AM
    We might go to check a car today :)
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    04-01-2016 10:56 AM
    Morning folks. I'm at the school and my colleague is late. Sigh.

G4 Approved
    She couldn't find her wallet. Hope she does...

G4 Approved
    04-01-2016 11:44 AM
    Just finished up at the school. A long 4 hours went well. Kids were into the workshops - especially my group. Need some lunch and then to transition to the regular **** at the funny farm...

G4 Approved
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    04-01-2016 11:45 AM
    What did you end up with?
    Though they're not BMW approved we got Michelin CrossClimates. They got good reviews.

BMW recommend run flats and these don't have that.

Since the car is rather old and we're not planning on keeping it too long we didn't see the point in getting really expensive tyres.

They also meet the wife's criteria of looking good.
    Ed Boland likes this.
    04-01-2016 11:58 AM
    Did you miss going to the prom, oh say about 25+ years ago?
    Went, sucked big time. I can live not repeating that.
    worldspy99 and MSFTisMIA like this.
    04-01-2016 12:00 PM
    Though they're not BMW approved we got Michelin CrossClimates. They got good reviews.

BMW recommend run flats and these don't have that.

Since the car is rather old and we're not planning on keeping it too long we didn't see the point in getting really expensive tyres.

They also meet the wife's criteria of looking good.
    Well you don't have a spare or inflate kit as far as I know if car has runflat. Or am I wrong?
    Ed Boland likes this.
    04-01-2016 01:12 PM
    I'm digging the notification push /dismissal that is going to come to wp10 and Andriod. I am looking toward to that
    04-01-2016 02:22 PM
    Long day...as long as I thought it would be. Looking forward to crashing in my own bed tonight...

G4 Approved
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-01-2016 02:59 PM
    Well you don't have a spare or inflate kit as far as I know if car has runflat. Or am I wrong?
    True, we don't have a spare tyre if we get a flat which is why BMW have run flats. In the time I've been driving I've had one flat so I don't think it's a big issue. Not saying it's not a possibility but not very likely, I hope.

I get a flat it get's a tow.
    Laura Knotek and Ed Boland like this.
    04-01-2016 03:25 PM
    True, we don't have a spare tyre if we get a flat which is why BMW have run flats. In the time I've been driving I've had one flat so I don't think it's a big issue. Not saying it's not a possibility but not very likely, I hope.

It's not the biggest problem, we only have tyre repair kit in Laguna and every time we go anywhere far it's not so good feeling, I don't know. Spare tyre is the best, even space saver :)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-01-2016 03:32 PM

I became really good at changing tires back in the mid-90s. I had 3 flats in 2 months. It was almost as if my car's tires were magnets attracting nails. This happened in 3 separate locations, so it wasn't related to where I parked.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    04-01-2016 04:16 PM

Look what came in the mail :D
    MSFTisMIA, Ed Boland and N_LaRUE like this.
    04-01-2016 05:06 PM
    Mini-review! Mini-review!

Oh, and when are you getting that 950?

G4 Approved
    sahib lopez likes this.
    04-01-2016 06:23 PM
    This recent NYC weather has been like these Republican party nomination process...a damn mess.

G4 Approved
    04-01-2016 06:24 PM
    Same here....the last set didn't even last three years...

I'm getting the GoodYear Assurance ones.
    Get an alignment done. Doesn't matter if you buy the most expensive tires you can find; if your camber or toe is off, you'll eat that rubber up in no time.

Source: I ruined a $1200 set of tires in just over a year after I lowered my car (my Intrepid) and not taking in consideration the affected negative camber.

Note: even if you don't modify your suspension (eg: lowering like I did), everyday driving can throw a normal alignment off after time. I think most vehicles' maintenance schedules call for an alignment check every 6 months/60k miles ~ or so...
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    04-01-2016 07:32 PM

Same thing with my RX8; it doesn't come with a spare! From the factory, it had the "Fix-a-Flat" can kit thing lol...

The later RX8 models had a spare tire (the mini donut type) "kit" that was available as an add on option. I carry old school plugs (and the related plug tools) in my toolbag, and a small air pump that plugs into the cigarette lighter.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-01-2016 07:43 PM
    Get an alignment done. Doesn't matter if you buy the most expensive tires you can find; if your camber or toe is off, you'll eat that rubber up in no time.

Source: I ruined a $1200 set of tires in just over a year after I lowered my car (my Intrepid) and not taking in consideration the affected negative camber.

Note: even if you don't modify your suspension (eg: lowering like I did), everyday driving can throw a normal alignment off after time. I think most vehicles' maintenance schedules call for an alignment check every 6 months/60k miles ~ or so...
    Alignment done three times in three and a half years 😣
    Ed Boland, sahib lopez and N_LaRUE like this.
    04-01-2016 07:43 PM
    Btw, I've had Goodyear Eagle LS2s on the RX8 for about 2 years now... still holding up pretty good.
    04-01-2016 07:45 PM
    1 week with the G4...in line with the reviews so far, both in terms of strengths and flaws.

G4 Approved
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-01-2016 08:08 PM
    1 week with the G4...in line with the reviews so far, both in terms of strengths and flaws.

G4 Approved
    Mine went back because of a flaw that factory reset could not solve.
    04-01-2016 08:13 PM
    Mine went back because of a flaw that factory reset could not solve.
    I like mine so far. It's a nice compliment to my Maxx. On it's own, at the prices they're going for, it's a great buy. In comparison to the Maxx, the only advantage is the camera, as I can argue moto's packing of hardware and software mix is closer to what I want more than LG's.

That's why I stated it is really in line with the reviews, both with the strengths and weaknesses.

G4 Approved
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-01-2016 08:32 PM
    I like mine so far. It's a nice compliment to my Maxx. On it's own, at the prices they're going for, it's a great buy. In comparison to the Maxx, the only advantage is the camera, as I can argue moto's packing of hardware and software mix is closer to what I want more than LG's.

That's why I stated it is really in line with the reviews, both with the strengths and weaknesses.

G4 Approved
    With the Google Now launcher it was just fine for me. I might pick one up once my refund for the unit I bought comes back. In the meantime I will enjoy my 640 as usual.

Just waiting for my Surface Pro 3 to arrive tomorrow.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-01-2016 09:53 PM
    Hey Ed I never understood why anyone would want to get negative camber on a car. Besides thinking it eats up a tire faster. Why get it o.o?
    04-01-2016 10:43 PM
142,852 ... 48194820482148224823 ...