I'm sorry to say I know exactly what you mean! I've always said they "ran out" of music in the 80's. Everything that was ever good was recorded between the 50's and the 80's. Everything after that, is an already used regurgitated remix of a song that has already been written.. especially when we're talking about pop/rock songs you hear on the radio that consist no more than three chords. Don't even get me started about this rap or hip-hop stuff (notice I didn't say music?) that steals music and/or chord progressions from OUR era.

On the other hand though, I will say that all of that really only applies to mainstream radio and/or popular music (even "alternative") because great modern classical and/or technical music is still being written these days.
    There are some good songs from the 90s but those weren't two of them.Even Soundgarden was startled by how popular Blackhole Sun was.

Thing is if you're going to use the word 'classic' then at least have some taste.

Hour about Alice in Chains - Man in the Box or The Rooster? Something with some meaning and sounds epic.

Not saying everything from the 50s to 80s was good either but there was at least a good mixture of music. Music just seems a bit more stale now.

Is it a age thing? :/

There are a couple of new groups that are OK but they are the exception it seems.
    Ed Boland and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-05-2016 12:29 AM
    I couldn't agree more. It seems to me that every band that call themselves a rock band is more of a pop rock actually.
    Though, rock is kinda dead for now, even Gene Simmons said that, I think metal is doing pretty fine. We still have Rammstein, Slipknot and Disturbed is getting better and better.
    I don't mind heavy metal from time to time but I lean more towards alternative rock and progressive rock and just generally rock. But I'll listen to pretty much anything. I'm not a fan of country music, rap or the extreme metal stuff though. It doesn't bother me but I don't go out of my way to listen to it.
    04-05-2016 12:32 AM
    I really wanna try this. I was surprised I didn't get the soak test invite (not really), but from what I'm seeing, if I flash it I still should be able to get the official OTA when launched. That'd be tasty indeed...

Now we just need Sony to get off their *** and launch Wear 1.4. Pretty much all the Wear watches have it...it's like Sony thought only 10 people bought the SW3 and have decided to maybe not update it until they start rolling out 6.0.1 to their phones and tablets...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    Looks like I'll pass on this. I'll need to unlock the bootloader first. I'll just wait on the OTA instead.

G4 Approved
    Laura Knotek and Ed Boland like this.
    04-05-2016 12:37 AM
    Hey Rue, having fun watching paint dry yet? Or shall I send over my supervisor for a more painful distraction?

G4 Approved
    04-05-2016 12:38 AM
    Been working on another Rush tune tonight. From the same album as Tom Sawyer, Limelight.

Here's my quick (audio only) cover of Alex Lifeson's solo...

https://m.soundcloud.com/ed-boland/l...solo-cover-raw
    04-05-2016 12:47 AM
    I've almost got it down...
    04-05-2016 12:49 AM
    Been working on another Rush tune tonight. From the same album as Tom Sawyer, Limelight.

Here's my quick (audio only) cover of Alex Lifeson's solo...

https://m.soundcloud.com/ed-boland/l...solo-cover-raw
    I've almost got it down...
    That sounds really good!
    Ed Boland likes this.
    04-05-2016 01:36 AM
    Hey Rue, having fun watching paint dry yet? Or shall I send over my supervisor for a more painful distraction?

G4 Approved
    I didn't paint last night but took the tape off the wall. Looks nice. :)

I still hate painting but I'll be doing more of it this weekend unfortunately...
    04-05-2016 02:15 AM
    This guy I had a date with asked me why I used windows phone when it has no apps.

I responded that it does have apps and unlike many, I don't act foolish and go crazy over this app or that app as there is more to my life than an app being there or not.

I probably won't get a call for a second date :)
    04-05-2016 04:18 AM
    That sounds really good!
    Thanks Laura!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-05-2016 07:40 AM
    Morning troops!

Time to make the Donuts...
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-05-2016 07:42 AM
    We have someone in our office who makes coffee by adding cinnamon and black pepper to the basket with the grounds. It will wake you up in the morning!
    Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-05-2016 08:36 AM
    We have someone in our office who makes coffee by adding cinnamon and black pepper to the basket with the grounds. It will wake you up in the morning!
    What a horrible thing to do to coffee... :/
    04-05-2016 08:41 AM
    For some unknown reason I started receiving emails from WC which I thought I turned off ages ago...
    04-05-2016 08:42 AM
    Morning folks. Back to the funny farm...

G4 Approved
    04-05-2016 08:53 AM
    I didn't paint last night but took the tape off the wall. Looks nice. :)

I still hate painting but I'll be doing more of it this weekend unfortunately...
    I actually don't mind painting. It's the unboxing after a move I don't like. That's exhausting as hell.

G4 Approved
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-05-2016 09:04 AM
    That's the sucky thing with Android sometimes. Lots of good handsets end up getting poor support because of fixable flaws and super competition. The Maxx is a very good handset. It'd be sad if it doesn't get 6.0.1, but I won't lose sleep as other platforms and OEMs have left phones behind.

G4 Approved
    sahib lopez and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-05-2016 09:11 AM
    That's the sucky thing with Android sometimes. Lots of good handsets end up getting poor support because of fixable flaws and super competition. The Maxx is a very good handset. It'd be sad if it doesn't get 6.0.1, but I won't lose sleep as other platforms and OEMs have left phones behind.

G4 Approved

I noticed a move on some android OEMs are removing the app drawer to be more more iOS.
    04-05-2016 09:40 AM
    It would be nice to sleep more... Just one hour more lol
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-05-2016 09:42 AM
    I actually don't mind painting. It's the unboxing after a move I don't like. That's exhausting as hell.

G4 Approved
    Yeah I'm still doing that. Along with trying to find space for everything. Not having everything complete for storage has created a bit of an issue. We managed to move the last of the boxes to under the stairs so that's something anyway. They're out of the way and we can have a 'normal' lounge area again.

We have given a bunch of stuff to charity and there will probably be more.
    04-05-2016 09:55 AM

G4 Approved
    I hope Google decides to do the two layer OS thing on Android. It will make life so much easier and provide better support overall. I'm also looking forward to the merging of Android and Chrome.
    04-05-2016 09:56 AM
    I hope Google decides to do the two layer OS thing on Android. It will make life so much easier and provide better support overall. I'm also looking forward to the merging of Android and Chrome.
    The thing I don't like is you cannot truly buy what you like on Android. If what you like is popular, you'll get good support. If what you like isn't, you'd better hope enough people like it so you can root it and maximize it. Flashing and rooting is fun...until you get tired of it. If I wanted to, I'd have rooted and flashed 5.1 on the Maxx years ago and possibly not buy a G4.

Just not in the mood to do that kind of maintenance these days...

G4 Approved
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    04-05-2016 10:13 AM
    I noticed a move on some android OEMs are removing the app drawer to be more more iOS.
    Many Chinese OEMs have been doing that for YEARS. Now LG does it for the G5, most people **** their pants...SMH...

G4 Approved
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    04-05-2016 10:14 AM
    I watch soccer, but not as much as I used to. My EPL team, the Hotspurs have had a nice year, although they should be winning the table...Leicester City is 7(!) points clear. We're 4 points clear of rival Arsenal, so that's good. Looks like if things hold up we're off to the Champions League next season.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    It's been a while since I've seen them in Champions League. It seems to me that they're struggling ever since Bale left the team. I've always liked them, as a matter fact I like most of the Premier League teams. There might be some hate towards Manchester United, just because they're strong on words but show absolutely nothing on the field.

Are you going to watch the World Cup this year?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-05-2016 12:00 PM
    Soccer is my hobby on the weekend :) I enjoy playing it :p
    That's pretty much how I spend my summer.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-05-2016 12:02 PM
145,266 ... 48264827482848294830 ...