The ignore filter needs serious work on this forum. Honestly. If I don't want to read what some person said why do you think I want to see their quoted posts? :/
    I need to start learning from you.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    04-08-2016 04:34 PM
    MIA here's a question for you. I don't know alot about this topic so I want get some informations from someone who knows stuff about it.

How often can you donate blood?
    I was willing to do it like 2-3 years ago but had to wait till I'm 18. My grandfather was kinda big donor, got some sort of medals(?) for it back in communism days. And well, why shouldn't I do it too, I've got no problems with needles and stuff.
    Anyway, every year our school and local Red Cross organise some sort of a small event where our professors and students go to nearby hospital and donate blood together. It'll take place at the end of the month, so I was thinking starting it then.
    04-08-2016 04:44 PM
    MIA here's a question for you. I don't know alot about this topic so I want get some informations from someone who knows stuff about it.

How often can you donate blood?
    I was willing to do it like 2-3 years ago but had to wait till I'm 18. My grandfather was kinda big donor, got some sort of medals(?) for it back in communism days. And well, why shouldn't I do it too, I've got no problems with needles and stuff.
    Anyway, every year our school and local Red Cross organise some sort of a small event where our professors and students go to nearby hospital and donate blood together. It'll take place at the end of the month, so I was thinking starting it then.
    I'm on my way to my Japanese lesson so this is the short version...when I donated blood alot, you need about 90 days to replenish your own supply. Not sure if that's changed. Because when I donated blood back in the days I used to do it more through work, the most I've done it in a year was actually three times. So, you should check with the folks where you're donating blood at to see how many times you can actually donate in the course of a year safely.

G4 Approved
    Rose640 likes this.
    04-08-2016 04:49 PM
    I'm on my way to my Japanese lesson so this is the short version...when I donated blood alot, you need about 90 days to replenish your own supply. Not sure if that's changed. Because when I donated blood back in the days I used to do it more through work, the most I've done it in a year was actually three times. So, you should check with the folks where you're donating blood at to see how many times you can actually donate in the course of a year safely.

G4 Approved
    3 months? Oh, I thought you could do it more often. I will check it within next few days. Now I'm even more curious.
    04-08-2016 06:51 PM
    3 months? Oh, I thought you could do it more often. I will check it within next few days. Now I'm even more curious.
    It depends on what you're donating. If it is whole blood I think it's every 3 months, plasma may be sooner. If you've got an upcoming doctor's appointment, you can also ask your doctor too. Usually for the next few days they say drink lots of fluids and watch your exercise levels to give your body time to start to make new blood. While they don't take alot, you're gonna have less blood and your body needs time to correct that.

Most blood places want people to donate, but to do so safely. My suggestion is that you do your research and donate once first to get a feel of it and go from there. I haven't done it in years because I liked the employees who did it in the program at work and am particular about people who draw my blood. Plus the needles they use are of the bigger size anyways.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    N_LaRUE, Rose640 and sahib lopez like this.
    04-08-2016 07:57 PM
    According to the American Red Cross, donations of whole blood can be done every 56 days. Donors must be at least 17 years old, weigh at least 110 pounds, be in good health, and have a hemoglobin of at least 12.5 g/dL (iron levels-not generally an issue for males). There are other restrictions related to medications, past illnesses, travel, lifestyle, vaccines, etc. The requirements might be different in other countries.

I haven't donated in a few years, since I always used to donate at a previous employer (the Red Cross would visit the place where I worked). However, I've donated over a gallon combined and got a gold blood drop pin for my quantity of donations.

I'd donate again if finding a place to donate were easier.
    Ed Boland likes this.
    04-08-2016 09:49 PM
    It depends on what you're donating. If it is whole blood I think it's every 3 months, plasma may be sooner. If you've got an upcoming doctor's appointment, you can also ask your doctor too. Usually for the next few days they say drink lots of fluids and watch your exercise levels to give your body time to start to make new blood. While they don't take alot, you're gonna have less blood and your body needs time to correct that.

Most blood places want people to donate, but to do so safely. My suggestion is that you do your research and donate once first to get a feel of it and go from there. I haven't done it in years because I liked the employees who did it in the program at work and am particular about people who draw my blood. Plus the needles they use are of the bigger size anyways.

So I'd have to stop going to gym for a period of time? Now that's the first downside. I don't doubt in our hospital staff's professionality, the person that takes your blood is a mum of one of my friends.
    04-09-2016 03:55 AM
    According to the American Red Cross, donations of whole blood can be done every 56 days. Donors must be at least 17 years old, weigh at least 110 pounds, be in good health, and have a hemoglobin of at least 12.5 g/dL (iron levels-not generally an issue for males). There are other restrictions related to medications, past illnesses, travel, lifestyle, vaccines, etc. The requirements might be different in other countries.

I haven't donated in a few years, since I always used to donate at a previous employer (the Red Cross would visit the place where I worked). However, I've donated over a gallon combined and got a gold blood drop pin for my quantity of donations.

I'd donate again if finding a place to donate were easier.
    You have to be 18 here, I'd to it earlier if I could. And I think I'm ok with all these conditions as well, I believe my lifestyle more than fine since I'm regular at the gym. Though I'm not sure about the hemoglobin. I'm sure they'll have it checked.
    04-09-2016 04:04 AM
    So I'd have to stop going to gym for a period of time? Now that's the first downside. I don't doubt in our hospital staff's professionality, the person that takes your blood is a mum of one of my friends.
    I went looking for some information for you as you appear too lazy to search.
    Generally they say at least 5 hours after giving blood is the earliest to start any strenuous activity but that's if you don't suffer any serious side effects. I'd say give yourself about 24 hours to return to the gym. I think everyone is different. There are guidelines from the Red Cross available. http://m.redcrossblood.org/donating-...ssful-donation

You can give blood about once every 8 weeks but the NHS recommends every 3 months to ensure your red blood cells are fully replenished.
    Rose640, MSFTisMIA and sahib lopez like this.
    04-09-2016 04:17 AM
    Generally they say at least 5 hours after giving blood is the earliest to start any strenuous activity but that's if you don't suffer any serious side effects. I'd say give yourself about 24 hours to return to the gym. I think everyone is different. There are guidelines from the Red Cross available. Blood Donation Tips | Before, During & After | American Red Cross

You can give blood about once every 8 weeks but the NHS recommends every 3 months to ensure your red blood cells are fully replenished.
    I was too lazy, that's true. So all in all, there shouldn't be any problems
    04-09-2016 07:02 AM
    Man I'm in mood for funk. Been listening to it this whole morning.
    04-09-2016 07:03 AM
    You know, listening and watching those older funk music videos I've come to conclusion that once upon a time you could have been succesful even if you've kept your clothes on. Now that's a rarity these days.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-09-2016 07:29 AM
    Generally they say at least 5 hours after giving blood is the earliest to start any strenuous activity but that's if you don't suffer any serious side effects. I'd say give yourself about 24 hours to return to the gym. I think everyone is different. There are guidelines from the Red Cross available. http://m.redcrossblood.org/donating-...ssful-donation

That's what was told to me, which is why I mentioned the 90 days in the first place...

G4 Approved
    04-09-2016 07:44 AM
    How did I become the chauffer for my little brother and his soccer friends this am? It's Saturday. I should be sleep. Lmao this is making me slowly not want kids.
    04-09-2016 09:03 AM
    How did I become the chauffer for my little brother and his soccer friends this am? It's Saturday. I should be sleep. Lmao this is making me slowly not want kids.
    That's how I was when I first got my DL. I had to drive around my sisters around town. I thought driving would be fun but after all that, try took the fun out of driving !! Lol!
    04-09-2016 10:48 AM
    You know, listening and watching those older funk music videos I've come to conclusion that once upon a time you could have been succesful even if you've kept your clothes on. Now that's a rarity these days.
    Anaconda anyone ;)? I hate that song btw
    04-09-2016 10:49 AM
    Today I think I am going to watch a movie I've been wanting to watch. I'm going to watch IP man 3. I've already seen ip man 1,2, and that one where he's older and dies.
    04-09-2016 10:51 AM
    Looks like today is going to be a cloudy day in northern Cali. A little break from the sun isn't bad :p
    04-09-2016 10:54 AM
    A week with my bad has been a good experience! The only thing that I don't use it for is to track playing soccer since I'm afraid that I'll break my band
    04-09-2016 10:55 AM
    Looks like today is going to be a cloudy day in northern Cali. A little break from the sun isn't bad :p
    It's raining in NYC.

G4 Approved
    04-09-2016 11:10 AM
    Afternoon folks. I hate grocery shopping...food's too unnecessarily expensive these days.

Gonna cook some pork chops with mushrooms, sauted kale and baked sweet potatoes...then do some garlic shrimp to take to my sister's party this evening...

G4 Approved
    04-09-2016 11:11 AM
    That's how I was when I first got my DL. I had to drive around my sisters around town. I thought driving would be fun but after all that, try took the fun out of driving !! Lol!
    I hate driving as it is. So this annoys me greatly.

Now I got about an hour and half to catch a nap for work.

More selling overpriced phones and pcs to people who buy for a brand name. I swear people truly are dumb sometimes that I deal with.
    04-09-2016 12:41 PM
    I'm pretty satisfied with the gear I have.

However, if money wasn't an issue, these are the items I'd buy in 2016 (in no particular order):

1) Silver LG G5 (daily driver). I like the UI (moreso the refined icons, settings...no app drawer is no issue as I'd use Nova, Arrow or Xperia home launcher anyway), and while I prefer the G4's design, the G5 looks nice and feels nice. I'd have too much fun with the camera. Don't expect much from the battery by hey, I'd get a spare one.

2) Sony Smartwatch 3 (daily driver). There are other better looking watches, but its still slays everyone in terms of sunlight visibility and Wear UI still feels better on a square screen. With its own modular design, I'd get the silver band to get dressed up, the holder kit with the black metal band and white band as an alternative. I love the feel of the Huawei watch and love the style of the G Watch R, but I'd pick the Sony for the versatility. This would allow me to own just two wearables.

3) Black Lumia 950 XL: like the camera and the dual SIM for overseas travel. If I took a trip overseas, this is the go to phone and not worry about a drop off in camera and performance. Would get a letter back for it and an extra battery.

4) Band 2: I like Wear as a notifications manager, so it'd make sense to get a Band 2 for Windows.

5) White iPhone 5 SE (64GB): I still think Apple hasn't upscaled the UI well enough for the larger screens and waste a ton of space with how the design looks on the larger phones. The iPhone 4 and 5 have my favorite designs. Plus some days you just want to go small and discreet.

6) White Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact LTE model: while I love the Z4, this is a no-brainer. Size, weight, water resistance, good battery life and performance.

7) Asus Transformer 10" Tablet (Windows). The Surface line is really good, but the Transformer line is no slouch in the bang for buck department.

That's what I'd have if I was buying stuff now and could afford all that. There are no comprises in terms of camera or performance betwen the. 950 XL, G5 and 5 SE. The nice thing is there's lots of choices out there now, especially in the mid range, so people can find nice bargains depending on what platform(s) they like...

sahib lopez and Ed Boland like this.
    04-09-2016 12:43 PM
    It's raining in NYC.

G4 Approved
    Same here....
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    04-09-2016 02:23 PM
    Afternoon folks. I hate grocery shopping...food's too unnecessarily expensive these days.

Gonna cook some pork chops with mushrooms, sauted kale and baked sweet potatoes...then do some garlic shrimp to take to my sister's party this evening...

G4 Approved
    I wish healthy food / good food was cheep while junk food was expensive
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    04-09-2016 02:52 PM
142,738 ... 48364837483848394840 ...