Black Friday is almost here!

Get the inside track on all the best deals.

It's looking like our trip this year will be to Greece. Not 100% sure but it's looking that way.

Greece has been on my list since I was about 10 years old. Egypt is about the same length of time. So it will be nice to scratch one of those off.
    I've always wanted to visit both of those places. Hope you have a grand time in Greece.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    04-11-2016 12:33 AM
    I didn't even bat an eyelid and upgraded my Surface Pro 3 when it showed up. Very happy with it so far.
    Well, your hardware is more powerful. I'll probably make the jump soon.

Laura Knotek and Ed Boland like this.
    04-11-2016 12:34 AM
    You need about 75 more today to rival the Sahib from 2 years ago...
    Yup. I remember when he used to reply to every comment to hit those numbers...

04-11-2016 12:35 AM
    Just upgraded the Surface Pro 3 yesterday. Hopefully no issues...

I'm now in Windows 10 on all laptops.
    I'm 4 for 4 on Win 10:-)
    04-11-2016 01:00 AM
    The next thing I need to do is:

I've sold one so it needs a clean install.

I need to clear another one and sell it.

Need to set up the wife's new laptop.

Then clean install W10 on the old one because we have issues with it.

Then hopefully I'm done playing around with laptops for awhile.
    I'm going to install more memory on my old Toshiba Satellite U2505 this week. I might swap my 4GB SP3 with an 8GB SP3. If the swap happens then my Acer Aspire will go to someone in the family most likely overseas.
    04-11-2016 01:02 AM
    Did a lot of walking around over the weekend. Then built some furniture for my wife's office. Storage stuff as that's what's lacking the most.

We still have lots of painting to do... Needed a break from it.
    I did a lot of driving around and about six loads of laundry...
    N_LaRUE and Ed Boland like this.
    04-11-2016 01:03 AM
    It's looking like our trip this year will be to Greece. Not 100% sure but it's looking that way.

Greece has been on my list since I was about 10 years old. Egypt is about the same length of time. So it will be nice to scratch one of those off.
    Greece and Italy are in the top two for the other two members of the family, I want to go to Scandinavia😀
    04-11-2016 01:03 AM
    Yup. I remember when he used to reply to every comment to hit those numbers...

I'll do my mini Sahib version and then go to sleep 😁
    04-11-2016 01:04 AM
    Well, your hardware is more powerful. I'll probably make the jump soon.

I'm angling for an even more powerful SP3😄
    04-11-2016 01:05 AM

That sounds fun! When are you going to Greece?
    04-11-2016 01:06 AM
    Greece and Italy are in the top two for the other two members of the family, I want to go to Scandinavia😀
    That's on my list too...I need more salary to travel...

04-11-2016 01:09 AM
    Power through it and do well!

G4 Approved
    Thank you :)
    04-11-2016 01:18 AM
    Going to be though week... Tomorrow have physics exam, on Tuesday maths and on Wednesday Slovene essay. Will need luck, lot of it.
    Good luck!
    04-11-2016 01:19 AM
    That sounds fun! When are you going to Greece?
    Possibly mid June. We're still sorting out things to decide for sure. It may not be Greece but that appears to be where we're leaning.

The hope is to go to Athens and then hopefully some of the islands. Like all places, there's much to see but little time to see it all.

We don't want to go in the summer as Greece gets really hot. June should be good temperatures.
    04-11-2016 02:35 AM
    Greece and Italy are in the top two for the other two members of the family, I want to go to Scandinavia
    What parts of Scandinavia? I think I've managed to go to most places there. Though much more to explore there as well.
    04-11-2016 02:36 AM
    Possibly mid June. We're still sorting out things to decide for sure. It may not be Greece but that appears to be where we're leaning.

The hope is to go to Athens and then hopefully some of the islands. Like all places, there's much to see but little time to see it all.

We don't want to go in the summer as Greece gets really hot. June should be good temperatures.
    That sounds good! I'm aware that it does get really hot in Greece in the summer.
    Ed Boland likes this.
    04-11-2016 02:46 AM
    What parts of Scandinavia? I think I've managed to go to most places there. Though much more to explore there as well.
    My friend's father went to Norway on a business trip in the winter. He brought back a handmade wool scarf that I just love.
    azcruz, N_LaRUE, Ed Boland and 1 others like this.
    04-11-2016 02:47 AM
    My Surface Pro 1 doesn't hang after login anymore and the solution is to not login immediately...
    04-11-2016 05:05 AM
    My friend's father went to Norway on a business trip in the winter. He brought back a handmade wool scarf that I just love.
    Norway is great, expensive, but great!

If you ever decide to go, I'd recommend the shortest route through the fjords, unless you're really into fjords and don't mind the trip on the boat. We found our short cruise through the world heritage section just right but a touch long. You get fjord overload. Didn't help that it's also the main tourist route either so the boat is pretty packed.

The public transport is pretty reasonable and efficient. It's a beautiful country and the people are nice. We had a great time. Lots of people go hiking but we didn't have that much time unfortunately.
    04-11-2016 05:14 AM
    I'm going to install more memory on my old Toshiba Satellite U2505 this week. I might swap my 4GB SP3 with an 8GB SP3. If the swap happens then my Acer Aspire will go to someone in the family most likely overseas.
    The two newer laptops we have are pretty full spec'd. They're i5 but that's all I need as I don't game. The wife's new one has 1TB drive and 8GB of RAM, it's also a touch screen. Her older one, which I'm taking, also has 8GB RAM but only a 750GB drive. which is plenty. Neither of us will fill those hard drives. The RAM is sufficient to run our software need so they should suit for the next while. I wouldn't mind getting a SSD for my laptop but it's not necessary.
    04-11-2016 05:23 AM
    Morning folks.

Nothing like starting your week by almost passing out on the train. Very glad I had some gum on me and was able to sit. I think my sugar levels were a bit too low because I didn't eat as much yesterday.

G4 Approved
    Ed Boland and sahib lopez like this.
    04-11-2016 08:14 AM
    Looking forward to a few hours of quiet in my apartment before running errands today.

G4 Approved
    N_LaRUE, Ed Boland and worldspy99 like this.
    04-11-2016 08:27 AM
    Sad news this morning school wise...looks like a student was murdered in an area I use as a shortcut going to classes at times last night.

Loss of life is always tragic, but more difficult when you know the area or location...

G4 Approved
    Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 04-11-2016 at 09:16 AM.
    04-11-2016 09:03 AM
    Morning folks.
    Morning MIA!

I've had the same 950XL itch MIA, but after thinking it over, I'm pretty sure my 1520 provides the same "scratch", albeit a little slower. That, and the amount of times I actually pick up my 1520 during the week has become less than one.

Now that I've upgraded my gamer desktop, at home, I find myself on it rather than the mobile devices anyway.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-11-2016 09:14 AM
    Sad news this morning school wise...looks like a student was murdered in an area I use as a shortcut going to classes at times last night.

Loss of life is always tragic, but more difficult when you know the ara or location...

G4 Approved
    Oh that's terrible news... sorry to hear.
    04-11-2016 09:15 AM
145,201 ... 48404841484248434844 ...