I am so swamped at work, this is the first time I logged onto WC on the computer at work today...off to a meeting now folks...
    04-13-2016 04:51 PM
    I am so swamped at work, this is the first time I logged onto WC on the computer at work today...off to a meeting now folks...
    I know the feeling.. It's like a totally different world. I get home and am like "oh yeah, WC" (among other things!)
    04-13-2016 09:40 PM
    Sometimes I'll have time to check in on my phone while at work, but not always..
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    04-13-2016 09:40 PM
    Another long day today...some times it feels like never ends with this Northeast setup...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    04-13-2016 10:08 PM
    lol I was just messin with MIA...

Ed@work.. I've got to write up an employee tonight. She's consistently late for work, and now there's been a customer complaint about her service. It's never fun doing this...
    You got jokes, Ed. You post interesting stuff...just waiting on you to talk politics and Android...

04-13-2016 11:24 PM
    So I'm working with the peer educators - a group of youth we've hired and trained at work - to do a 75 minute original workshop on race, gender and identity. They have to facilitate this workshop open to teens in the community to attend. So far, we've got an outline for the workshop with activities chosen by the youth they'd like to do.

Now it's just helping them commit to the workshop and take it seriously...

04-13-2016 11:44 PM
    So I'm working with the peer educators - a group of youth we've hired and trained at work - to do a 75 minute original workshop on race, gender and identity. They have to facilitate this workshop open to teens in the community to attend. So far, we've got an outline for the workshop with activities chosen by the youth they'd like to do.

Now it's just helping them commit to the workshop and take it seriously...

Will the teens be presenting the workshop at their high schools?
    04-14-2016 12:19 AM
    Will the teens be presenting the workshop at their high schools?
    Nope. We will be hosting the workshop at the clinic itself. We've got a mix of high school seniors and college freshmen this year as peer educators. It's fun to work with them.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-14-2016 06:01 AM
    You got jokes, Ed. You post interesting stuff...just waiting on you to talk politics and Android...

I usually try to keep my political views to myself. I will say with this year's presidential race, I've actually thought about the possibility of moving to a different country for the very first time.

I've talked Android. And I'm still considering an Android device as a secondary phone. The Nexus 6P is still one that intrigues and piques my interest. If you asked me a couple years ago, it wouldn't be an option, but Android and the newer hardware that we've been seeing, have come a long way. They've become competitive (for my business) and a viable option.
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    04-14-2016 06:04 AM
    Took the case off of my 6S Plus to clean it this morning (after spilling a little bit of coffee on it in the car!) and was thinking "damnn I really like this phone without the case on it! I'm thinking about getting just a tempered glass screen protector for it and roll like that. It's so sleek and sexy feeling!
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    04-14-2016 06:16 AM
    I usually try to keep my political views to myself. I will say with this year's presidential race, I've actually thought about the possibility of moving to a different country for the very first time.

I've talked Android. And I'm still considering an Android device as a secondary phone. The Nexus 6P is still one that intrigues and piques my interest. If you asked me a couple years ago, it wouldn't be an option, but Android and the newer hardware that we've been seeing, have come a long way. They've become competitive (for my business) and a viable option.
    If I lived in the US I'd want to leave the country too...

Apparently there's been an influx of enquiries from US citizens to Canada Immigation for residency requirements... That's not a joke and shows there is a real issue in the US. However, if you all leave then the wrong person will get elected. My suggestion is to get more people out to vote to ensure the right person gets in... whoever that may be.
    Ed Boland likes this.
    04-14-2016 06:17 AM

Have you thought of Australia at all? No I'm not joking - Skilled Occupations List (SOL)

Do you fit 'chef'?
    Ed Boland and sahib lopez like this.
    04-14-2016 06:25 AM
    As for Android phones, my personal experience so far has been good. Saying that I don't do anything too extreme with my phone. It has all I need and more.

I think if development with Android N is going the way they think it is and becomes dual layered I think a lot of the issues that people have about Android will start to vanish. Optimization of the OS will make it really slick.

It still has a way to go for audio though and music production.
    Ed Boland likes this.
    04-14-2016 06:28 AM
    There's also a continuous shortage of hospitality staff here in the EU. Also medical and IT staff.

For those who may be curious.
    Ed Boland likes this.
    04-14-2016 06:35 AM
    Morning folks. It's another day, so it's another trip to the funny farm.

G4 Approved
    Ed Boland likes this.
    04-14-2016 06:47 AM

The Nexus 6P is really nice. The only reason that I have not really looked at it as an option is because I really don't want a screen that large anymore. 5.5" is my cutoff and maybe the 950XL is the only one I'll make an exception for.

G4 Approved
    N_LaRUE and Ed Boland like this.
    04-14-2016 06:49 AM

Well, politically lite views are welcome here, which is what I meant.

I agree, this presidential election has been the worst I've seen in a very long time in terms of the candidates that are running for office. All of them in my eyes are supremely flawed and unfortunately we're stuck with trying to pick the best of the worst to get elected. Maybe whoever gets elected would actually step up to the plate and do a good job, but honestly, I'm not seeing it. There are people who are too old establishment, people who are too anti-establishment, and people who have good ideas but don't know how to execute. If I could go live under a rock, make money, and pop my head out only to get food and pay taxes after this election is done, I certainly do it.

G4 Approved
    04-14-2016 06:53 AM
    I know I talk Android alot, but never really about the OS itself. I will say Google has done a nice job with their voice to text. I like the implementation on Windows too, but I feel I can talk for longer stretches that get recognized better on Android.

G4 Approved
    N_LaRUE and Ed Boland like this.
    04-14-2016 06:57 AM
    These days I'm over rushing to get a train to go to the funny farm. Ain't no time for that at all. I need to get a short nap on the train, so I wait for the next one.

G4 Approved
    Ed Boland and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-14-2016 06:58 AM
    Have you thought of Australia at all? No I'm not joking - Skilled Occupations List (SOL)

Do you fit 'chef'?
    I actually found a few occupations that I'd fit.. Chef is one, yes, but I don't know about Australia.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-14-2016 07:13 AM
    I actually found a few occupations that I'd fit.. Chef is one, yes, but I don't know about Australia.
    What do you want to know about Australia? I can tell you quite a bit.
    04-14-2016 07:20 AM
    There's also a continuous shortage of hospitality staff here in the EU. Also medical and IT staff.

For those who may be curious.
    Looks like I need to move. Is this just medical staff or do they need social workers or counselors as well?

G4 Approved
    04-14-2016 07:59 AM
    Took the case off of my 6S Plus to clean it this morning (after spilling a little bit of coffee on it in the car!) and was thinking "damnn I really like this phone without the case on it! I'm thinking about getting just a tempered glass screen protector for it and roll like that. It's so sleek and sexy feeling!
    I use cases most times, but the G4 is my first phone in a long time with just a tempered glass screen protector due to the great feel in hand for me with the leather back.

G4 Approved
    04-14-2016 08:03 AM
    Looks like I need to move. Is this just medical staff or do they need social workers or counselors as well?

G4 Approved
    There is a shortage here. If you have the ability to move here without needed sponsorship it's always easier. However, there's typically groups that go to the US and other countries trying to get qualified people to move to the UK.

This link may help - https://www.basw.co.uk/international/overseas/
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    04-14-2016 08:15 AM

It still has a way to go for audio though and music production.
    This!

I've got to say, the core audio layer in iOS is right up there with the desktop class (Mac and PC).
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-14-2016 08:26 AM
143,652 ... 48464847484848494850 ...