Sport Driver:
    I agree with your review 100%. Battery wasn't that much of a problem for me but yes that was the weak spot. The camera and fingerprint scanner were awesome. Also since it has NFC, I loved using Android Pay.

Wish I could do that with my Lumia :-(
    04-16-2016 06:52 PM
    Nice write up, Sport Driver.

You should do more test drives more often with these kind of reviews...

G4 Approved
    04-16-2016 08:01 PM
    So Ed, what iPhone is your GF getting?

G4 Approved
    She's still stuck on the SE.
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    04-16-2016 10:32 PM
    I've been on the fast ring for some time now, on my primary and only phone. There was very few issues, nothing that would make my phone useless.
    I was on the Fast Ring the whole time, even while the 1520 was my daily driver. I live on the cutting edge!

edit: I never had any real issues either!
    Last edited by Ed Boland; 04-16-2016 at 10:47 PM.
    04-16-2016 10:36 PM
    Sport Driver:
    I agree with your review 100%. Battery wasn't that much of a problem for me but yes that was the weak spot. The camera and fingerprint scanner were awesome. Also since it has NFC, I loved using Android Pay.

Wish I could do that with my Lumia :-(
    I like Sport Driver's review as well... I'm assuming the 6P would improve on the battery?

My 6S Plus checks all those boxes; amazing camera, wicked fast fingerprint reader, NFC/Apple pay (which I love using!)... plus it has awesome battery life that lasts all day!

I'm just saying I'm still very happy with my choice ;)
    04-16-2016 10:45 PM
    She's still stuck on the SE.
    I fondled an SE today in a AT&T store. Not bad. That's the only Apple device I'd buy right now, even though the screen is tiny ***. I liked the iPhone 6 feel, but didn't like how slippery it was.

I did have an Android moment where I quasi-forgot that there were no capacitive keys flanking the Touch ID home key. So I tapped on either side and said "yes, this is why all this is just such wasted space...buttons should be here."

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    Laura Knotek and Ed Boland like this.
    04-16-2016 11:16 PM
    I like Sport Driver's review as well... I'm assuming the 6P would improve on the battery?

My 6S Plus checks all those boxes; amazing camera, wicked fast fingerprint reader, NFC/Apple pay (which I love using!)... plus it has awesome battery life that lasts all day!

I'm just saying I'm still very happy with my choice ;)
    99 can jump into to confirm but the battery issues on the 5X are addressed on the 6P. Honestly, if I were in the big screen market, my combo would be a 950XL + a 6P as the daily driver. 6P is a very good kit...just too large for my tastes now that I have an excellent tablet and even with Android Wear it isn't commuter friendly size wise for me.

Laura Knotek and Ed Boland like this.
    04-16-2016 11:22 PM
    Guess the evil Windows Phone fanboy is back ;)
    Hope all is well lol.

Chomping on some Domino's and catching up on anime after dealing with some moronic people at work, as per usual.
    04-17-2016 01:01 AM
    Thank you all for the nice words :) I know it took time but had too much to do at school this week :)
    About that I should do more of that, next one is LG G5 ;)
    04-17-2016 01:45 AM
    Guess the evil Windows Phone fanboy is back ;)
    Hope all is well lol.

Chomping on some Domino's and catching up on anime after dealing with some moronic people at work, as per usual.
    04-17-2016 01:50 AM
    99 can jump into to confirm but the battery issues on the 5X are addressed on the 6P. Honestly, if I were in the big screen market, my combo would be a 950XL + a 6P as the daily driver. 6P is a very good kit...just too large for my tastes now that I have an excellent tablet and even with Android Wear it isn't commuter friendly size wise for me.

6P has a stellar battery life. But from what I've been reading the last few days, it looks like the Exynos S7Edge eats everyone's lunch!

I'm right now waiting for my 950XL to get here. And in the meantime need to sell one of my Surface Pro 3 devices...
    04-17-2016 01:53 AM
    6P has a stellar battery life. But from what I've been reading the last few days, it looks like the Exynos S7Edge eats everyone's lunch!

I'm right now waiting for my 950XL to get here. And in the meantime need to sell one of my Surface Pro 3 devices...
    If things don't work out with the repair of my MXPE, I'll probably get a 6P.
    04-17-2016 02:03 AM
    Man this is beautiful. Is that your house?
    Not my house, that's the pier. ;)

I'm about a 10 min drive from there. You could say it's in my neighbourhood. I technically live on an island that's connected to the mainland via bridges.

I live in a fairly small house, for the moment.
    04-17-2016 04:30 AM
    Current 308?
    No an older model. The one we looked at didn't impress unfortunately.

We're still weighing up options. Not sure what to do 100%.
    04-17-2016 04:31 AM
    Nice review Sports Driver. :)
    04-17-2016 04:33 AM
    So i get home and see a notice that NJ state is coming by on Tuesday to inspect my apartment. Well, typically this is supposed to happen every 5 years.

I find this to be interesting because I've lived here for 6 years and this is my 3 such notice. Either somebody cannot count in state government (wouldn't surprise me) or the last one was rescheduled. I'll be nice and call the office to let them in on Monday and see if the damn supervisor will get my tub on the list to be reglazed, finally...

Posted approved via Moto Maxx
    Here in the UK and Australia rentals can be handled by private individuals or by estate agents. Depending on your agreement it can be any frequency for an inspection.

We thankfully didn't have that issue with our last place. We were pretty much left in peace. Though the inspection at the beginning and end was very fastidious.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-17-2016 04:36 AM
    No an older model. The one we looked at didn't impress unfortunately.

We're still weighing up options. Not sure what to do 100%.
    It's not a bad car but that's a thing with used cars, you have to throw some money into it when you buy it. We kind of decided that for our 3rd car mum will probably get something small and new( or up to 2 years old) and I get a Clio. Everything we went to look at needed about 500-700 investment on a car that is 6 or 7 years old and worth about 4-5 k . And in coming years some things would also certainly fail...

What about competition of 308, it is the cheapest in the class though. I would look into Megane, Fiat Bravo and Vauxhall Astra.
    04-17-2016 05:31 AM
    Nice review Sports Driver. :)
    Thank you :) Doing My Best :)
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    04-17-2016 05:33 AM

Too funny!

I am actually happy to see one of the WC staff using a windows phone device (I am shocked actually) so I am hoping your experience with the 950 goes well. Now I can actually say I know one of the WC staff actually uses a Windows phone device lol(Which is kind of ironic when you think of it tbh)

I've been playing with a spare one for awhile and this is pretty much one of the best phones I've used among the last few phones I have had to deal with (iPhone 6 plus, 6P and LG V10).
    04-17-2016 06:42 AM
    I fondled an SE today in a AT&T store. Not bad. That's the only Apple device I'd buy right now, even though the screen is tiny ***. I liked the iPhone 6 feel, but didn't like how slippery it was.

I did have an Android moment where I quasi-forgot that there were no capacitive keys flanking the Touch ID home key. So I tapped on either side and said "yes, this is why all this is just such wasted space...buttons should be here."

lol I do that on my iPhone still, coming from the 1520. I'll even be seen double tapping the screen! :D
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    04-17-2016 06:52 AM
    Morning btw gang... got a couple hours before I have to be at work; got coffee... Time for a few rounds of Clash Royale! This game has got me hooked!!
    MSFTisMIA and sahib lopez like this.
    04-17-2016 07:01 AM
    . I liked the iPhone 6 feel, but didn't like how slippery it was
    It IS slick.. that's why I HAVE to keep this Otterbox case on it while I'm at work. Even after my parking lot "test" the other day, proving how durable these "S" models are, I'm still not convinced it won't shatter if it hits the ground just right.
    04-17-2016 07:06 AM
    Here in the UK and Australia rentals can be handled by private individuals or by estate agents. Depending on your agreement it can be any frequency for an inspection.

We thankfully didn't have that issue with our last place. We were pretty much left in peace. Though the inspection at the beginning and end was very fastidious.
    I won't be home to see it, so it doesn't matter to me much. Outside of the tub needing to be reglazed, the apartment is in good shape.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-17-2016 07:14 AM
    lol I do that on my iPhone still, coming from the 1520. I'll even be seen double tapping the screen! :D
    It was interesting to see that while iOS has more features, it still has the same feel to it...which is why I left in the first place. Apps are good but I don't need to be app driven to get things done. It's surprising how few apps I use...if the ones I do use were on Windows, Windows would be my daily driver again.

Well, I'll try to get the MMS to work on the M8 relatively soon and use it for a few days.

Ed Boland likes this.
    04-17-2016 07:19 AM
    It IS slick.. that's why I HAVE to keep this Otterbox case on it while I'm at work. Even after my parking lot "test" the other day, proving how durable these "S" models are, I'm still not convinced it won't shatter if it hits the ground just right.
    Most of these phones are too slippery and expensive and need to be put in a case for those reasons. While I think OEMs really do conduct drop tests, they need to get some klutzes for their R&D to drop those prototypes in the real world...

Ed Boland likes this.
    04-17-2016 07:21 AM
145,869 ... 48544855485648574858 ...