The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Yup, and I'm not pleased about it. But, I should be better soon enough..

G4 Approved
    I'm sorry to hear that.

I hope you finally get rid of this bug permanently.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    04-17-2016 02:00 PM
    Android doesn't lag anymore does it?
    Not on flagship hardware...
    And WP has its share of Loading and Resuming screens...
    04-17-2016 02:06 PM
    I just put my SIM back in my 2013 Moto X on Friday morning, since my Moto X Pure Edition needs warranty repair. I've never done a FDR on the 2013 Moto X, even after the Lollipop update. I had used it from March 2015 till October 2015, and now I'm using it again with no FDR. It isn't lagging.
    04-17-2016 02:10 PM
    A gorgeous day here in NYC. Pity I'm still under the weather a little bit to fully enjoy it...

G4 Approved
    04-17-2016 03:14 PM
    I hate catching up, there's so much to read.
    04-17-2016 03:14 PM
    Was going to bring along the OEM G4 battery as a spare, but I left it at home to break in the knockoff one some more. I'm charging this thing daily, sadly. Oh well...

G4 Approved
    Laura Knotek and Ed Boland like this.
    04-17-2016 03:15 PM
    I hate catching up, there's so much to read.
    If you think everything is relevant, you're in for a long read. I just skim as I'm used to it...

G4 Approved
    Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 04-17-2016 at 07:41 PM.
    Laura Knotek and Ed Boland like this.
    04-17-2016 03:16 PM
    I was hoping the Hispanic icee vendor that I usually by these things from would be out today, but he wasn't. Always like the guy...very pleasant. He's a much older gentleman, so I try to support him whenever I have the itch for an icee.

We'll see if I see him out in the next few weeks...

G4 Approved
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    04-17-2016 03:21 PM
    Made a boneheaded move...did a Nandroid backup but was so caught up in my lack of PC space I didn't copy the backup off the phone to an SD card first. I flashed some official firmware and everything was wiped, including the backup. Oh well. Maybe it's for the best...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    I hit a snag earlier, so most likely I'll just root it and play with a few 6.0.1 ROMS next week, since there's not data to back up from...

G4 Approved
    04-17-2016 03:22 PM
    OK. I'll stop posting here, again. Idiotic persons make me nervous all the time.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    04-17-2016 03:28 PM
    Saw this today...Toyota Mirai, the hydrogen fuel cell car...
    Attached Thumbnails wp_20160416_19_28_03_pro.jpg   wp_20160416_19_28_17_pro.jpg   wp_20160416_19_28_30_pro.jpg  
    04-17-2016 05:27 PM
    OK. I'll stop posting here, again. Idiotic persons make me nervous all the time.
    Please remember that we typically have multiple conversations running simultaneously here. If you choose to stop posting here, that's on you. You do have the option to ignore what you don't want to read and still post.

There's an old proverb that fits here: you're about to "cut off your nose to spite your face."

04-17-2016 07:44 PM
    Just woke up from a much needed nap. I was tempted to sleep straight until tomorrow morning, but I'm really hungry. Still very congested in the nasal area.

This just sucks.

04-17-2016 07:45 PM
    Depending on the hardware it does. And does badly. Unless it is high end hardware or completely stock, it all have some lag and bad performance

Contrary to what the Android fans say it still lags
    04-17-2016 07:46 PM
    And WP has its share of Loading and Resuming screens...
    But we weren't talking about windows phone 😂
    04-17-2016 08:12 PM
    This^^^ if you'll notice, none of the other members here (in this thread in particular) talk "smack" about any platform. Here, we appreciate and respect ALL of the big three! We're all still big fans of Windows Phone don't worry! There's nothing wrong with Android.. and quite frankly, it's got a lot more going for it than Windows at the moment to tell you the truth.
    Not really considering android is still a mobile os and windows still has the dominance in productivity and desktop. Android really has the mao advantage of apps. If there were app parity the constant whinging about windows phone would be nearly nonexistent.

Most people who switched prefer windows they switch for apps, which is short sighted tbh but ehh as I say to ppl "you do you
    04-17-2016 08:16 PM
    That moment when a customer questions you about why you don't use the iphone and use a windows phone and you want to lowkey just cuss them out.

Lmao.
    04-17-2016 08:19 PM
    Well, the Wifi dongle works on the GF's machine so far (shout out to "you-know-who" for the assist). I really should open up this computer again and look at why the CD ROM drive has been sticking and doesn't open. Throw that one on the pile of "things to do".

G4 Approved
    04-17-2016 08:42 PM
    It's a very interesting time for hardware OEMs. The tech is so good that you're really splitting hairs for consumer cash.

I know that on the Android side, OEMs have to better tune their devices and update them timely to address the age old "lag" issue (I'm not talking about lag because lag is defined differently by so many people). On the windows side, there's no enough hardware choices because of quite a few reasons.

I'm curious to see how the rest of the year plays out.

G4 Approved
    04-17-2016 08:58 PM
    It's a very interesting time for hardware OEMs. The tech is so good that you're really splitting hairs for consumer cash.

I know that on the Android side, OEMs have to better tune their devices and update them timely to address the age old "lag" issue (I'm not talking about lag because lag is defined differently by so many people). On the windows side, there's no enough hardware choices because of quite a few reasons.

I'm curious to see how the rest of the year plays out.

G4 Approved
    We really don't need hardware choices. Every os doesn't need to have hundreds of OEMs making devices. Then you wind up with the android thing where there is too much choice and consumers get stuck with outdated crap. Apple is a perfect example of what happens when you create good Balance for a great os and hardware and there is no need for fifty iOS devices.

I am glad OEMs cant alter the os or look because you wind up with the crap Android is

I spent the past few days researching android devices and many of the reviews mentioned the same thing. Great hardware from honor 5x for its price point leaving you stuck with a poorly made customization from the skin.

Besides most wp users are here for Lumia, so a lack of choice is irrelevant so much as a lack of Lumia.
    04-17-2016 09:24 PM
    For the record, when it comes to lag...Apple has its own custom GPUs that it shares with no one. Because they have the best GPUs in the market, a dual core (and before it a single core) device with a fine GPU optimised for iOS, the lag is severely reduced when transitioning through apps and navigating the OS. That does not mean that iOS devices are lag free...they encounter stutters in transitions whenever the OS isn't properly optimised.

Android and Windowa on the other hand, use Qualcomm chips and the Andreno GPU as the standard. In Android, there are Exynos and MediaTek as alternatives...those do no exist in Windows. Windows just uses the "resuming" screen as a way to cover the lag during transitions. Android does not have that, so the lag is more visible when it occurs. It does boil down to how well the OEM tunes their version of the skin they use on on top the of current version of Android, and how well MSFT tunes Windows since they control the OS itself.

So that's why I think people are idiots when they get in the Windows doesn't lag as much as Android debate - they don't pay attention to things like these.

04-17-2016 09:58 PM
    Apple has realized that it's not about the number of devices, but having a device a certain key price points. That's why you have a 4", 4.7", and a 5.5" iPhone. It's not about screen size, but as it stands Apple is realizing that multiple devices at different prices allows people to enter their ecosystem. That's why they came up with the 5C in the first place, which is now replaced by the 5 SE.

Windows mobile could benefit from a new mid range device. Becuase MSFT controls the OS, OEMs can only differentiate based on hardware components. I'd love to see something in the $400 price range. Something with a good camera and great audio as MSFT still sucks at that. The 650 is targeted like the old RIM Curve lines - for businesses and government agencies to use en masse. The 550 is to appeal for the original budget crowd on all those 512MB RAM devices. There is nothing between the 950 and 650 and that's a mistake.

Another OEM with a good offering in the $400 price range would make a killing. There are still some Windows users who never liked the Lumia brand and would look forward to using a very solid alternative.

For those who think that hardware choices is unnecessary, that's a small minded and short sighted view. If MSFT didn't believe in this, under Windows Phone 8 you wouldn't have seen all those budget handsets used to build market share. MSFT seems to want a similar sort of approach for PCs on mobile...they have a small line that showcases the OS but have other OEMs make stuff at different price points.

Not everyone has money for a 950 or a 950 XL. And in some parts of the world, these phones are horribly overpriced.

For the record, MSFT should retire the Lumia brand...and I hope they do once they choose to expand the Surface brand with a mobile device.

Ed Boland likes this.
    04-17-2016 10:09 PM
    Depending on the hardware it does. And does badly. Unless it is high end hardware or completely stock, it all have some lag and bad performance

Contrary to what the Android fans say it still lags
    The only thing lagging is your so called expertise of Android's performance.
    04-17-2016 10:39 PM
    But we weren't talking about windows phone 😂
    Yeah but as a WP user I was....so now you are going to argue about that as well?
    04-17-2016 10:39 PM
    We really don't need hardware choices. Every os doesn't need to have hundreds of OEMs making devices. Then you wind up with the android thing where there is too much choice and consumers get stuck with outdated crap. Apple is a perfect example of what happens when you create good Balance for a great os and hardware and there is no need for fifty iOS devices.

I am glad OEMs cant alter the os or look because you wind up with the crap Android is

I spent the past few days researching android devices and many of the reviews mentioned the same thing. Great hardware from honor 5x for its price point leaving you stuck with a poorly made customization from the skin.

Besides most wp users are here for Lumia, so a lack of choice is irrelevant so much as a lack of Lumia.
    Android is to mobile what Windows was to PCs...Apple has always been a hardware and software company from the get go...if everyone started to mimic Apple we would have too many different OSes and fewer hardware choices....
    04-17-2016 10:42 PM
142,817 ... 48574858485948604861 ...