If someone does get an infraction, that link automatically gets sent to them along with the mod's comments about what they need to do properly, so nobody who gets banned is unaware of what they did wrong or what they need to do differently.
    I guess whether they agree with the moderator's decision is a different matter altogether, but I guess the process is pretty clear cut.

Somewhat random - you probably would look pretty mean wielding a Thor like hammer while banning people...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    04-18-2016 10:40 PM
    I guess whether they agree with the moderator's decision is a different matter altogether, but I guess the process is pretty clear cut.

Somewhat random - you probably would look pretty mean wielding a Thor like hammer while banning people...

LOL!

I really don't like banning anyone. I'd rather guide them toward being a good member, and that's what happens in the majority of cases.
    04-18-2016 10:42 PM
    Yup, it seems it's actually hard to NOT get an excellent camera these days. Still, as I've said before though, for me, coming from a 920, 1020, and 1520, I'm very satisfied with the camera in my 6S Plus... especially with ProShot! The latest update for ProShot made it even better!

And the 6S Plus is one that combines a fantastic camera with stellar battery life. I can't speak for the smaller 6S though without OIS and the smaller battery... The Plus is where it's at!
    Agreed. Guess I want one from the Windows or Android camp as I'm not in the mood to go back to iOS. I'm glad you found that the 6S works for you. Don't get me wrong, the G4 camera wise is really good, the battery life and screen outside in bright sunlight isn't. I may just get a spare battery charger and lug around the extra battery...like the old days. Maybe the Maxx's battery has spoiled me...I've always preferred better battery to better camera, but now I'm angling for both these days.

04-18-2016 10:45 PM
    LOL!

I really don't like banning anyone. I'd rather guide them toward being a good member, and that's what happens in the majority of cases.
    I understand all that.

Still...You could totally rock the Thor (Jane Foster) custom look...no helmet needed. Just make sure it's a big hammer you can actually wield.

04-18-2016 10:50 PM
    None me...
    dis.png
    Maybe someday (with a different newer phone)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-18-2016 10:58 PM
    Agreed. Guess I want one from the Windows or Android camp as I'm not in the mood to go back to iOS. I'm glad you found that the 6S works for you. Don't get me wrong, the G4 camera wise is really good, the battery life and screen outside in bright sunlight isn't. I may just get a spare battery charger and lug around the extra battery...like the old days. Maybe the Maxx's battery has spoiled me...I've always preferred better battery to better camera, but now I'm angling for both these days.

I just wish they'd (Apple) come up with something new for the GUI. (I mean besides 3D Touch which is cool, but it doesn't really change the way the main interface looks!)

I was thinking, (here goes my imagination again) is there a skin (or something similar) that you can apply to a vanilla Android device (like a Nexus 6P) that would be similar, or mimic the Windows 10 Mobile Start screen? What ever happened to those Android phones that Nokia put out shortly after the acquisition? They had something like a Start screen, didn't they?

Edit: it was the Nokia X I was thinking of... After looking at this pic I thought "ugghh nevermind" lol

image.jpg
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-18-2016 10:59 PM

Oh you haven't seen Laura's BanHammer?

image.jpeg
    04-18-2016 11:07 PM
    None me...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dis.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.2 KB 
ID:	125294
    Maybe someday (with a different newer phone)
    And none for me either.

Which model are you using?

Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    04-18-2016 11:09 PM
    Oh you haven't seen Laura's BanHammer?

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	7 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	125298
    Now if we can get Laura in that Thor custome...that would be killer at a Halloween party...

04-18-2016 11:11 PM
    Alright, enough Doom for me tonight... been getting my A$$ kicked!
    04-18-2016 11:12 PM
    I just wish they'd (Apple) come up with something new for the GUI. (I mean besides 3D Touch which is cool, but it doesn't really change the way the main interface looks!)

I was thinking, (here goes my imagination again) is there a skin (or something similar) that you can apply to a vanilla Android device (like a Nexus 6P) that would be similar, or mimic the Windows 10 Mobile Start screen? What ever happened to those Android phones that Nokia put out shortly after the acquisition? They had something like a Start screen, didn't they?

Edit: it was the Nokia X I was thinking of... After looking at this pic I thought "ugghh nevermind" lol

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	365.9 KB 
ID:	125296
    Apple won't redesign the UI for a while. The staleness of the UI and it's app driven nature is exactly what drove me from iOS. Some people like that...I outgrew it pretty quickly.

04-18-2016 11:13 PM
    Now if we can get Laura in that Thor custome...that would be killer at a Halloween party...

Well, I do have some Photoshop skills ;)
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-18-2016 11:14 PM
    Alright, enough Doom for me tonight... been getting my A$$ kicked!
    Tomorrow's another day...guess they'll be doomed when you're on your game (pun intended)...

Laura Knotek and Ed Boland like this.
    04-18-2016 11:14 PM
    Well, I do have some Photoshop skills ;)
    Don't get us banned becuase of it now...

04-18-2016 11:15 PM
    Apple won't redesign the UI for a while. The staleness of the UI and it's app driven nature is exactly what drove me from iOS. Some people like that...I outgrew it pretty quickly.

Yeah, and I understand people getting bored with it. I also understand the "if it's not broken, don't fix it philosophy". I mean, they've perfected it and it works perfectly. The 3D Touch (adding another layer) thing was really the only thing they could do without disturbing what they have there.

Is it "stale"? IDK.. "Bland" maybe, but I think they've kept it that way on purpose to keep the OS transparent, and not getting in the way between the user and their content/apps. On Windows and even Android, users spend more time fiddling with the OS and tweaking things (which don't get me wrong - isn't always a bad thing) than enjoying the actual feature, app, or content they set out to enjoy in the first place. That's another reason I love these iPhones.. they save me so much time, as I don't really have to do anything to make everything work.

On the other hand, I do get bored and like to tinker just like the rest of us... I guess until the magical "perfect phone" of my imagination comes into fruition, I'll always be a 2 or more phone kind of guy! lol
    04-18-2016 11:26 PM
    And none for me either.

Which model are you using?

None you too?
    :(

Z1s right now.
    Then the T-Mo Z3 (6616) tomorrow or Wednesday I hope.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-18-2016 11:27 PM
    Tomorrow's another day...guess they'll be doomed when you're on your game (pun intended)...

lol yeah, but the open BETA ends tonight at midnight... I'll have to wait until May13th (Friday the 13th!) until the full game is released.
    Laura Knotek and Rose640 like this.
    04-18-2016 11:28 PM
    Don't get us banned becuase of it now...

lol I've learned a long time ago how much trouble Photoshop'll get you in....
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    04-18-2016 11:30 PM
    LOL!

But some people just don't want to listen😀

She should get an avatar pic like that!
    04-18-2016 11:36 PM
    Yeah, and I understand people getting bored with it. I also understand the "if it's not broken, don't fix it philosophy". I mean, they've perfected it and it works perfectly. The 3D Touch (adding another layer) thing was really the only thing they could do without disturbing what they have there.

Is it "stale"? IDK.. "Bland" maybe, but I think they've kept it that way on purpose to keep the OS transparent, and not getting in the way between the user and their content/apps. On Windows and even Android, users spend more time fiddling with the OS and tweaking things (which don't get me wrong - isn't always a bad thing) than enjoying the actual feature, app, or content they set out to enjoy in the first place. That's another reason I love these iPhones.. they save me so much time, as I don't really have to do anything to make everything work.

On the other hand, I do get bored and like to tinker just like the rest of us... I guess until the magical "perfect phone" of my imagination comes into fruition, I'll always be a 2 or more phone kind of guy! lol
    But try figuring out how to change the time the screen stays on before it goes to sleep or import your Outlook contacts to a brand new iPhone, it requires quite a bit of effort. See Vlad's rant about a custom ringtone for an iPhone on The Verge...
    04-18-2016 11:39 PM
    Alright gang, I guess it's about that time...
    04-18-2016 11:48 PM
    But try figuring out how to change the time the screen stays on before it goes to sleep or import your Outlook contacts to a brand new iPhone, it requires quite a bit of effort. See Vlad's rant about a custom ringtone for an iPhone on The Verge...
    wait.. all those are super easy!

1. Settings/General/Autolock - change to anything you want

2. When I got my new 6S Plus all I had to do for the native Mail App was add my Outlook account (Settings/Mail, Contacts, & Calendars/ add account) Then of course I had to have the Outlook app for iOS which is awesome... no problems at all there with adding accounts or contacts.

3 Custom ringtones galore! I have a bunch of custom ones that I made with little recording tidbits I did on the guitar. When I have something I want to put on the iPhone, I just import it into iTunes and sync it... with "sync over WiFi" enabled, it's just as easy as drag and dropping to a Windows device. "Vlad" (whoever that is) must not have much experience with these sorts of things...

There's really not much effort involved in any of those things you mentioned.
    Last edited by Ed Boland; 04-19-2016 at 12:02 AM.
    04-18-2016 11:49 PM
    Senior Editor at the Verge? lol seriously? Dude looks like he's 20....

and can't operate an iPhone... wow
    MSFTisMIA and N_LaRUE like this.
    04-19-2016 12:08 AM
    None you too?
    :(

Z1s right now.
    Then the T-Mo Z3 (6616) tomorrow or Wednesday I hope.
    Good luck there. Those are T-Mobile phones, so you definitely WON'T get it. It took an act of Congress just to get Lollipop on the D6616 models...

I'm still on 5.1.1 on my Z3 tablet compact, so I know I'll have to wait...which is odd they launched it for the Z2 tablet series before mines, but oh well...

Guytronic and N_LaRUE like this.
    04-19-2016 12:16 AM
    See Vlad's rant about a custom ringtone for an iPhone on The Verge...
    I just searched the whole Verge site for articles and forum comments by Vlad containing the keyword "ringtone" and came up with nothing. Got a link? I'll send him some quick how-to instructions lol
    04-19-2016 12:19 AM
145,205 ... 48634864486548664867 ...