I wish they'd stop referring to Prince as only a 'singer'. The guy was a musician, and artist. He played pretty much every instrument going. He was also a producer and writer.

It's insulting to be considered just a 'singer'. He was not just a singer.
    Kids only know Prince as a singer. Those who know better knew he was a musician and artist. People forget that one of his best selling albums he wrote the songs, played all the instruments and produced the whole thing.

These days, many singers and just that: singers - with the only instruments they can play are on Guitar Hero.

G4 Approved
    N_LaRUE, Ed Boland and azcruz like this.
    04-22-2016 08:25 AM
    Morning folks. Back at the funny farm.

G4 Approved
    N_LaRUE and Ed Boland like this.
    04-22-2016 08:28 AM
    The L920 is not a replacement for my Z3 in any way whatsoever.... :P

If I had some decent mid tier Android than maybe. But I'm not up for spending money on a phone at this moment in time.
    Makes sense. It's kinda why even though I was hesitant to grab the G4 in the condition that it was in, I'm glad I got it...now I can flash some stuff on my Maxx and not feel I HAVE to use my M8.

I wonder if Sony is going to really stupid enough to skip the Z3 tablet compact for 6.0.1...

G4 Approved
    04-22-2016 08:30 AM
    Makes sense. It's kinda why even though I was hesitant to grab the G4 in the condition that it was in, I'm glad I got it...now I can flash some stuff on my Maxx and not feel I HAVE to use my M8.

I wonder if Sony is going to really stupid enough to skip the Z3 tablet compact for 6.0.1...

G4 Approved
    They seem to be dragging it out it spurts and sputters. I haven't got the update yet.
    04-22-2016 08:35 AM
    They seem to be dragging it out it spurts and sputters. I haven't got the update yet.
    Maybe they are. And yet, they're STILL somehow doing a better job than "Moto"...

G4 Approved
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    04-22-2016 08:39 AM
    This says it all....

Attachment 125415
    To continue in this same vein...

https://plus.google.com/+TiberiusTor...ts/SkJ9Czeo9co

G4 Approved
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-22-2016 08:57 AM
    To continue in this same vein...

https://plus.google.com/+TiberiusTor...ts/SkJ9Czeo9co

G4 Approved
    He's been walking a thin line for some time now. Along with the rest of them.
    04-22-2016 09:01 AM
    He's been walking a thin line for some time now. Along with the rest of them.
    I guess you've got to be great to walk that thin line...

G4 Approved
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    04-22-2016 09:07 AM
    I guess you've got to be great to walk that thin line...

G4 Approved
    Many people walk the thin line, just when you're famous more people hear about it. That's really the only difference.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    04-22-2016 09:12 AM
    Many people walk the thin line, just when you're famous more people hear about it. That's really the only difference.
    Ibid.

G4 Approved
    04-22-2016 10:21 AM
    I need to take this mucus and throw it away or better yet, have it be useful and get a paying job instead of annoying my nose...

G4 Approved
    04-22-2016 10:23 AM
    I wish they'd stop referring to Prince as only a 'singer'. The guy was a musician, and artist. He played pretty much every instrument going. He was also a producer and writer.

It's insulting to be considered just a 'singer'. He was not just a singer.
    They had an interview with a guy on a show called Press Play on KCRW yesterday which I was listening to while driving home. The guy's name is Alan Light and he wrote a book called Let's Go Crazy : Prince and the Making of Purple Rain. He mentioned that he could play at least 35 instruments. When I heard that I was just blown away! Also I had to do a late night run down to Santa Monica and listened to the tribute shows they were playing on KCRW. The DJ Garth Trinidad is one of my favorites and it was great that he also happened to be a big Prince fan.

Purple Rain, Raspberry Beret, Little Red Corvette are my favorites of all time....

What a great artist, what a sad day indeed....
    04-22-2016 10:31 AM
    The L920 is not a replacement for my Z3 in any way whatsoever.... :P

If I had some decent mid tier Android than maybe. But I'm not up for spending money on a phone at this moment in time.
    The G4 is definitely not top tier money and instead of a decent mid tier makes a pretty good daily driver....a used Nexus 5X is not a bad idea either. Nowhere close to the expensive stuff.
    04-22-2016 10:32 AM
    Short work day for me today. Have to drive to the Bay Area for a wedding around noon...
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    04-22-2016 10:33 AM
    The G4 is definitely not top tier money and instead of a decent mid tier makes a pretty good daily driver....a used Nexus 5X is not a bad idea either. Nowhere close to the expensive stuff.
    We're talking about Rue here...he's as averse to spending money on a phone right now as you are as averse to getting lemons while you "wheel n deal"...

G4 Approved
    04-22-2016 11:04 AM
    They had an interview with a guy on a show called Press Play on KCRW yesterday which I was listening to while driving home. The guy's name is Alan Light and he wrote a book called Let's Go Crazy : Prince and the Making of Purple Rain. He mentioned that he could play at least 35 instruments. When I heard that I was just blown away! Also I had to do a late night run down to Santa Monica and listened to the tribute shows they were playing on KCRW. The DJ Garth Trinidad is one of my favorites and it was great that he also happened to be a big Prince fan.

Purple Rain, Raspberry Beret, Little Red Corvette are my favorites of all time....

What a great artist, what a sad day indeed....
    As much as I love those songs, my favorites are:

1) When Doves Cry
    2) Diamonds and Pearls
    3) 1999

G4 Approved
    N_LaRUE and Ed Boland like this.
    04-22-2016 11:05 AM
    Yeah he was pretty good with a guitar. But he was so much more than that.

I'm not familiar with his work besides music, but this, what I just saw, that's just simply amazing.
    Laura Knotek and Ed Boland like this.
    04-22-2016 11:07 AM
    I'm not familiar with his work besides music, but this, what I just saw, that's just simply amazing.
    I watched it at work and my mouth dropped. You forget just how good he is. He was considered one of the best guitarist for good reason.

His music is very eclectic and so was he as an individual.

He loved performing and making music, as you can see in that video. That's the reason his fans loved him and why he's well respected in the industry.
    04-22-2016 11:25 AM
    ive never listended to any of his music tho
    04-22-2016 11:31 AM
    ive never listended to any of his music tho
    Never to late to start catching up....
    MSFTisMIA, N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    04-22-2016 11:35 AM
    I watched it at work and my mouth dropped. You forget just how good he is. He was considered one of the best guitarist for good reason.

He loved performing and making music, as you can see in that video. That's the reason his fans loved him and why he's well respected in the industry.
    Always had a great respect for a man who can handle the ax well. Prince, Joe Walsh, Carlos Santana, Hendrix, George Benson..all world class ax men, but stellar musicians.

You can see in the video as overpowering as Prince was, the best part was the opening with the ability to play with restraint, and how in timing he let his riffs go.

Here's another example of true musicians at work:

G4 Approved
    Ed Boland likes this.
    04-22-2016 11:49 AM

When was just starting to listen rock, more than 8 years ago, 'cause you know, I'm pretty young, I would search for the list of the greatest guitar players ever since I've always loved the sound of electric guitar. And he was on every single list, always better ranked than Slash and similar, I would always get pissed off thinking that he was not worthy, that he wasn't better than Slash and Vai. Now I see that I was soo wrong, as you said, I just stared at the screen watching him magnificently playing that ax without even trying hard.
    He kinda reminds of the way Gilmour plays, but it might just be me.
    04-22-2016 12:17 PM
    So, this guy. I still can't believe that some of you folks will have chance to vote for him.

04-22-2016 12:18 PM
    School's over for me as of yesterday. I'll have around 10 days free and will make sure I use them wisely. Although I will be resting, I still have to learn Physics and Latin. 10 days should be more than enough for the task.
    04-22-2016 12:23 PM
    I should better nread Ana Karenina again in next 2 weeksOnly 1100 pages....
    04-22-2016 01:04 PM
142,840 ... 48764877487848794880 ...