I should better nread Ana Karenina again in next 2 weeksOnly 1100 pages....
    Why's that? I had it in elementary, you've just finished highscool, it doesn't make any sense? lol
    04-22-2016 01:11 PM
    We have final exams still to do. First one is essay about Ana Karenina and one other Slovene book. You know matura in BIH right?
    04-22-2016 01:20 PM
    We have final exams still to do. First one is essay about Ana Karenina and one other Slovene book. You know matura in BIH right?
    Uhhh, I do. I'll have to do that too, but I won't have to try hard since I had final A every year, that is up to now, we'll see how this one passes and the next one, shouldn't be any problems.
    04-22-2016 01:27 PM
    My 950XL came in yesterday along with the orange back cover.
    Attached Thumbnails wp_20160422_11_08_15_pro.jpg  
    04-22-2016 01:37 PM
    My 950XL came in yesterday along with the orange back cover.
    Is it just me or this deafult start screen looks ugly as hell?
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-22-2016 02:49 PM
    Here goes 1300. I'm bored.
    04-22-2016 03:15 PM
    Morning crew..

Rue, my GF and I always talk about stuff like that, especially when a classic band/singer or artist comes through on tour.. She always says "we really need to go see them/him/her... You never know when this might be their last tour, or this might be our last chance to see them..."
    I remember back in 1993 I had booked a trip to Florida with some friends. I thought about canceling my trip, since I found out that Nirvana was going to be playing in Akron on Halloween.

My coworkers talked me out of canceling my trip and said, "You can always see Nirvana next time." I did not cancel my trip, but I did reply, "But what if Kurt dies?" I was devastated 6 months later when my thoughts turned out to be true--granted, I expected an overdose, not a suicide.
    Last edited by Laura Knotek; 04-22-2016 at 03:43 PM. Reason: typo
    Guytronic, MSFTisMIA and Ed Boland like this.
    04-22-2016 03:24 PM
    Here's what that Xperia Z3 E-Bay seller sent me.
    p1000948.jpg

The seller said:
    "Some devices may have hairline scratches due to how they are shipped to us"
    These phones were listed as "new / other" in his listing.

Looked like someone was prying on this one and bent the trim edge.

The phone worked great and had perfect glass front and back.

On it's way back to the seller now.
    Hope I get credited fast :(
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    04-22-2016 03:34 PM
    When was just starting to listen rock, more than 8 years ago, 'cause you know, I'm pretty young, I would search for the list of the greatest guitar players ever since I've always loved the sound of electric guitar. And he was on every single list, always better ranked than Slash and similar, I would always get pissed off thinking that he was not worthy, that he wasn't better than Slash and Vai. Now I see that I was soo wrong, as you said, I just stared at the screen watching him magnificently playing that ax without even trying hard.
    He kinda reminds of the way Gilmour plays, but it might just be me.
    Well, that's really a matter of opinion and personal taste to be honest. There are no "best" guitar players... there's just great ones, that different people admire. It's all a matter of ones taste.

In my opinion, having been a guitar player/composer for over 30 years, I'll honestly say that I think Slash is WAY over-rated and Steve Vai and Joe Satriani are up there at the top. Prince was good, yes, but somewhere lingering around the top 3/4ths of all the greats IMHO.

But yeah, Slash and Vai are in two totally different dimensions lol. That's really like saying a Toyota Tercel and a Maserati are both great cars... IMO

Prince now joins the greats in the great beyond. He's in good company with Jimi Hendrix, Randy Rhoads, and Dime-bag Darrell...
    04-22-2016 04:17 PM
    Here's what that Xperia Z3 E-Bay seller sent me.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000948.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	752.7 KB 
ID:	125430

The seller said:
    "Some devices may have hairline scratches due to how they are shipped to us"
    These phones were listed as "new / other" in his listing.

Looked like someone was prying on this one and bent the trim edge.

The phone worked great and had perfect glass front and back.

On it's way back to the seller now.
    Hope I get credited fast :(
    That's a shame.

Why not get the unlocked Z3? I know you're trading away half the storage and Wifi calling, but it is eons better than the T-Mobile Z3.

G4 Approved
    04-22-2016 04:20 PM
    Just got out from the funny farm...headed to Japanese class and then I'll head back to the job site because it's a going away for a colleague. I'll have my two Guinness and then go get some sleep.

G4 Approved
    04-22-2016 04:23 PM
    That's a shame.

Why not get the unlocked Z3? I know you're trading away half the storage and Wifi calling, but it is eons better than the T-Mobile Z3.

G4 Approved
    Most folks who know me know that if the camera was more consistent, I'd still own and use a a Z3 as a daily driver. I had the green silver one, that when paired with an all silver watch, looked awesome...

G4 Approved
    Guytronic and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-22-2016 04:56 PM
    Smashed the tip of my left hand ring finger this morning, between a frozen solid pack of spare ribs and a stainless steel sink... It did not feel good I'll tell you that! It's still throbbing like hell... :(

It's my fretboard hand too!! Probably not going to be playing any guitar tonight...

image.jpeg
    04-22-2016 05:08 PM
    I've been looking at other variants.
    Band 12 would be nice to have.

Something will pop up I'm sure.
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    04-22-2016 05:09 PM
    Smashed the tip of my left hand ring finger this morning,
    Oooo..ouch Ed.
    Didn't mean to like your post meaning I like the mashed finger :(
    04-22-2016 05:11 PM
    Smashed the tip of my left hand ring finger this morning, between a frozen solid pack of spare ribs and a stainless steel sink... It did not feel good I'll tell you that! It's still throbbing like hell... :(

It's my fretboard hand too!! Probably not going to be playing any guitar tonight...

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	3 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	125438
    Ouch! I hope you will be feeling better soon.
    Last edited by Laura Knotek; 04-22-2016 at 07:58 PM.
    Guytronic and Ed Boland like this.
    04-22-2016 05:24 PM

That sucks! Hope the swelling does down...

G4 Approved
    04-22-2016 06:22 PM
    I've been looking at other variants.
    Band 12 would be nice to have.

Something will pop up I'm sure.
    I guess...if you get the D6603 model, that's gonna have the closest thing to band 12. Personally, I'll trade slightly slower speeds for better software support - especially on T-Mobile - any day of the week.

Hope you find something that works. If you get a G4, get a US991 model (not the US Cellular one, that's useless). Otherwise, you can troll for the H811 (T-Mobile) for the band 12 fix. I've got the H815 (Euro) and it runs swell speed wise for me...

G4 Approved
    04-22-2016 06:25 PM

Dang .... :/ not a good way to end a day
    Laura Knotek and Ed Boland like this.
    04-22-2016 07:06 PM
    I guess...if you get the D6603 model, that's gonna have the closest thing to band 12. Personally, I'll trade slightly slower speeds for better software support - especially on T-Mobile - any day of the week.

Hope you find something that works. If you get a G4, get a US991 model (not the US Cellular one, that's useless). Otherwise, you can troll for the H811 (T-Mobile) for the band 12 fix. I've got the H815 (Euro) and it runs swell speed wise for me...

G4 Approved
    I thought for outside phone to work on tmobile's band 12 phone OEM had to be certified by tmobile themselves. That's how I understood the whole 950/XL not having full band support on tmobile even though band 12 is present
    04-22-2016 07:08 PM
    A busy day of getting started with some homework assignments. Can't say I wasn't expecting to get lots of homework but why do professors have the habit of assigning projects and tests the same week
    04-22-2016 07:11 PM
    Got to the Bay Area in 5 hours... Now getting ready to pig out on some good food.
    04-22-2016 08:56 PM
    Got to the Bay Area in 5 hours... Now getting ready to pig out on some good food.
    Say howdy to the panhandlers down there for me
    worldspy99 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-22-2016 09:07 PM
    Say howdy to the panhandlers down there for me
    Will do😉
    04-22-2016 09:21 PM
    Will do
    Any recommends for places to eat down that way?
    We were going to try to go to Yoshi's in Oakland sometime this summer for one of the concerts.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-22-2016 09:28 PM
144,463 ... 48774878487948804881 ...