That's where I thought they were heading with the Skype integration.. but I guess it's not gonna happen. They really need something like iMessage and FaceTime. Let's face it... Skype video calling on mobile does not come anywhere close to Apple's FaceTime quality.
    I think that perhaps it would be better if Microsoft gave users the option of integrating Skype/SMS/MMS or not. Some people might prefer to keep everything in one place, but others might prefer to have Skype and SMS/MMS separate.

I've never used iOS, but Android has the option of using Hangouts for SMS/MMS if a user wants to do so. I'm using Hangouts for my SMS/MMS on Android, rather than another SMS/MMS app.
    04-23-2016 02:34 PM
    I think that perhaps it would be better if Microsoft gave users the option of integrating Skype/SMS/MMS or not. Some people might prefer to keep everything in one place, but others might prefer to have Skype and SMS/MMS separate.

I've never used iOS, but Android has the option of using Hangouts for SMS/MMS if a user wants to do so. I'm using Hangouts for my SMS/MMS on Android, rather than another SMS/MMS app.
    That'd be even better. I was confused a bit when they first showed it few builds back. I didn't know whether it was for messaging or skyping. Honestly, I don't miss it. I don't use Skype that much on my phone, so I don't really need it.

They should fix the messaging app first, and then try to integrate more into it. I sent two messages yesterday, got no response, I thought my friend didn't see them. Just today I got his responses, not late at all.
    Laura Knotek and Ed Boland like this.
    04-23-2016 02:42 PM

Hangouts is available on iOS as well, just as all the other Google apps and services are.

The thing with Microsoft though, is that's fine if they want to keep things separate, but they start one thing, and put so much work into it, only to find out in a few months, they've completely changed their mind and their direction. They need to make up people's minds! lol
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    04-23-2016 03:01 PM
    Was getting in the car in the driveway at my house and I noticed something in the middle of the driveway.... it was a little birdie skeleton. :|

Looks like he's been there for a while?
    04-23-2016 03:23 PM
    Was getting in the car in the driveway at my house and I noticed something in the middle of the driveway.... it was a little birdie skeleton. :|

Do you have a cat? Do your neighbors have a cat? Perhaps a cat brought it to you.
    04-23-2016 03:24 PM

That reminds me ... I HATE BIRDS. There's one little bird that wakes me up every single, god damn morning at 6 a.m.. She, or he, can't stop knocking on my window, and whatever I do she just keeps coming back. It's like someone's hitting me in the head with a hammer.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-23-2016 03:27 PM
    Do you have a cat? Do your neighbors have a cat? Perhaps a cat brought it to you.
    You're probably right. Now that you mention it, I do remember seeing a cat out underneath the cars...
    Laura Knotek and Guytronic like this.
    04-23-2016 03:30 PM
    That reminds me ... I HATE BIRDS. There's one little bird that wakes me up every single, god damn morning at 6 a.m.. She, or he, can't stop knocking on my window, and whatever I do she just keeps coming back. It's like someone's hitting me in the head with a hammer.
    I have mourning doves outside my apartment. They start cooing every morning and never stop until the sun goes down. They are very annoying.
    Rose640, Guytronic and MSFTisMIA like this.
    04-23-2016 03:34 PM
    Cool! Welcome to the forums btw... Which phone do you have?
    Thanks! I got a Surface Book recently and liked it so much I bought a Lumia 950 to go with it. I've come from Android. It's been a bit of an adjustment, but I'm surprised by how fast I've become attached to the 950.

Band 2 is next to complete my MSification...
    04-23-2016 04:23 PM
    Thanks! I got a Surface Book recently and liked it so much I bought a Lumia 950 to go with it. I've come from Android. It's been a bit of an adjustment, but I'm surprised by how fast I've become attached to the 950.

Band 2 is next to complete my MSification...
    Sweet! The Surface Book is an amazing device... I'd love to have one!

Glad you joined the forums!
    priorplace and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-23-2016 04:35 PM
    So it's off to dinner at our favorite Ethiopian restaurant with the GF. A nice way to end a strange sort of week.

G4 Approved
    04-23-2016 05:07 PM
    So it's off to dinner at our favorite Ethiopian restaurant with the GF. A nice way to end a strange sort of week.

G4 Approved
    Dinner was OK...I think they either changed the chef or we went so early that they just started cooking. Some places the first cook isn't always as on point.

We also had frozen yogurt at 16 Handles which was OK. Not as excited about dinner today as we usually are.

G4 Approved
    04-23-2016 08:48 PM
    Oh, I forgot to post the "little birdie" pic... I guess now, after everyone has had dinner is better anyway lol

20160423_201647082_ios.jpg
    04-23-2016 08:52 PM

Poor thing...nature is wonderful and sad.
    Laura Knotek and Ed Boland like this.
    04-23-2016 08:56 PM

Poor thing...nature is wonderful and sad.
    Ibid.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    04-23-2016 09:58 PM
    It's kind of a cool picture.. I might make it my avatar or something lol
    04-23-2016 10:32 PM
    It would make a good album cover.
    04-23-2016 10:36 PM
    It would make a good album cover.
    Excellent idea!
    Laura Knotek and Guytronic like this.
    04-23-2016 10:58 PM
    Ibid.

I have no idea what this means but I liked it (officially anyway)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-23-2016 11:03 PM
    In MIA's case it means that he agrees, I suppose.
    04-24-2016 03:04 AM
    I had had a good laugh on that one, lol
    Ed Boland and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-24-2016 03:06 AM
    Ed, Rocket League is free this weekend if you're interested. It's still not too late.
    Ed Boland and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-24-2016 04:29 AM
    Ed, Rocket League is free this weekend if you're interested. It's still not too late.
    Cool! Thanks for the heads up..
    Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-24-2016 05:59 AM
    Here you go as the official definition:

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/ibidem

04-24-2016 06:04 AM
    In MIA's case it means that he agrees, I suppose.
    Exactly. That's how I use it here.

Normally when you use that when writing a paper and you've made back to back points referring to the same point (and you're using footnotes), instead of restating the reference, you can simply put "ibid" and that works.

04-24-2016 06:08 AM
144,783 ... 48804881488248834884 ...